Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice Needed Please

• 13-04-2011 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi could anyone advise on the best course of action, I work in various locations around europe but Im home in Ireland on my days off. Im getting sick of depending on public transport and was thinking of buying a bike and bringing it out to the continent with me and leaving it at work when Im on my days off in Ireland.

First thing is: A licence, Im a 30 year old male currently holding only a full B Licence for a car what is the quickest route to holding a Full A Licence, Im based in the Midlands and if anyone could offer advice.

Second thing is insurance, does anyone know of a company that offers cover in europe, its roughly every 6 months we change country due to our employment contract.

And last a choice of bike, I would like some along the lines of a 750, maybe a VFR or some like that, im not the smallest guy in the world so would like a larger bike. I have had bikes in the past when I was younger but never licenced or insured on them, I used to have a zxr 400. But this time something larger would be nice

Im sure you have been asked the above question a million times before but your advice and suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers !!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Firstly, you would need to do your theory test for the A licence. Once passed you would need to sit the IBT to get your learner permit. You would then need to wait 6 months to sit your test and then pass. At this point you would have your full licence and only then would you be able to drive your bike in a foreign country.

As for insurance, I have no idea if any company here would cover you for extended periods abroad. Most only cover weeks as oppose to months. You'd need to ring each of the 4 companies to see what cover they would provide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭PaudyW

id imagine it would be cheaper to insure it anywhere else in Europe other the Ireland,

Advertisement