Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRCSET extension

Options
  • 13-04-2011 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi

Just wondering did anyone here receive (or hear of anyone else receiving) an IRCSET extension last year?

There's a couple of threads from 2008 and 2009 on it, but nothing from 2010.

I had assumed that there would be no point applying has funding money is so scarce these days and had put it to the back of my mind, but maybe it might be worth applying for the sake of it anyway. At what time of year do people usually put the application in? (my funding runs out in October).

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭2ygb4cmqetsjhx

They don't do this any more actually! As of last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭StudentC

hi

Thanks for the response.

Yeah, I was pretty sure that they don't do it anymore, and have read several things saying 'unlikley' to be any funding for extensions, but can;t find any conclusive statement from them saying so!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

Its a bit unfair that they stopped giving that extension. I'm in the same boat as OP and when I applied for IRCSET it was an unwritten rule that you would get 3-6 months of an extension.

Advertisement