Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

full bike licence

• 13-04-2011 4:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭

Rite so i have a honda varadero 125 and i want a new bike allready
    What cc or power do i need to get my full bike licence?
    I was look at a zzr 400 or zzr 250 for my next bike as i love this bike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭carsQhere

Have a look here;
    http://www.magireland.org/information-sheets/25kw-license-facts/

Kinda depends on what license you have right now, how long you have it etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭kevin-46

have it 2 months A license

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

You need to have it 6 months minimum. Bike needs to be over 175cc I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Any bike you ride should be restricted to 33bhp or 25Kw for the next 22 months. Unless you had your provisional/permit from back in the late ninety's.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭vinniemac

Unless you had your provisional/permit from back in the late ninety's.

They'll only recognise licences going back 5 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

kevin-46 wrote: »
    Rite so i have a honda varadero 125 and i want a new bike allready
    What cc or power do i need to get my full bike licence?
    I was look at a zzr 400 or zzr 250 for my next bike as i love this bike.

To get your full licence you need to pass your test! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hold onto the Varadero until you've got a good bit more experience under your belt. Great little bike, they'll take the abuse that a learner will dish out and they handle like a slightly bigger bike.

Give it about a year and then either switch to a bigger bike or take the A test using a rented bike. ISM used to rent bikes for the test, dunno if they still do. In any case it was a GN250, which is a physically smaller and simpler bike than the Varadero and I found I'd no problems switching between the two on test day.

Once you have your full licence then you can look at a bigger bike and lower insurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

vinniemac wrote: »
    They'll only recognise licences going back 5 years

If have held and renewed a provisional license from the late ninetys it holds no restriction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭kevin-46

what bhp does the zzr have 250 and 400 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

once your on a restricted bike you'd be grand i wouldn't worry about the amount of experience you have, it's a long story but passed my test first time with very little experience and on a schools 250, then with my full licence bought a restricted 400 and except from dropping it once as i was putting up the centre stand i have had no issues with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement