Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tree Ferns in Dublin, Where to get them?

Options
  • 13-04-2011 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a Tree Fern within like, the next two hours. Does anyone know of any sources on the south side of dublin?

Thanks, you'll help me turn over a new leaf from a bad son into a good one. :-)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,527 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i don't know if any would have survived the winter - and i'd say their popularity has plummeted as a result of the last two winters, so garden centres may not be stocking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

i don't know if any would have survived the winter - and i'd say their popularity has plummeted as a result of the last two winters, so garden centres may not be stocking them.

Disappointing news, but thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Plants are vunerable to heavy or long frost. However during periods of prolonged (short periods not a problem) ie 2-4 weeks, some basic precaution will protect the plant. Put plenty of mulch around base and simply tie back fronds and wrap with fleece and/or bubble wrap. Alternatively you could cut back fronds and cover head with old sack.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭dark_jedi_ire

B&Q Always have them this time of the year/, I have a two 1/2 foot Tree Fern I have the Last 5 years, with out any problems, When it comes to the First week in November, Depending on the Weather, wrap it in fleece ( from the garden Centre) and plenty of Mulch and fleece on the Crown,. my back garden is Sheltered slightly
    and every spring/summer watch the fronds unfold,,

However I have Seen Neighbours tree`s Front and Back garden when they didnt do this and it was a Sorry sight..

R

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Tully's Nth Co Dublin , big selection

• Advertisement
Advertisement