Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Narrowing down the 2011 English Poetry Course

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

MikeHough wrote: »
    well dis guy is wrong so:

thats what i was goin on.

ps i think hopkins is alrite

He was definitely on the 2004 course - I checked and he actually came up on the exam. Can't remember what the question was though. :pac:

Most of his poems bore me because of how religious they are tbh, and he's annoying to write about because of all of his inscape,instress,sprung rhythm etc... Frost is much nicer. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

We never studied Frost so I'm stuck with Hopkins. I actually dont mind his work though. It was a nice break from Kavanaghs poetry (we did them one after the other). We've studied Yeats, Kavanagh, Hopkins, Wordsworth and Boland. Im going to concentrate on Hopkins/Wordsworth/Boland (in that order) and continuously skim my notes on the other two just in case. Although its fairly likely she'll come up, I really dont want to have to answer on Boland. Either the question will be very widely answered (meaning harsher marking by the examiners) or it will be a very difficult question (seeing as she's so widely tipped to come up after last year). Ideally I'd like a slightly open question on Hopkins. It doesnt seem like the majority of people would pick him if he came up so that would be a welcome bonus!

Advertisement