Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things To Do In... Salou

• 13-04-2011 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Can anyone recommend anything to do/see when in Salou?
    Any good restaurants or bars that are a must??
    Any trips to do other than Portaventura or Barcelona??

Going there early May.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Dannys Irish bar is a mad spot..

Other than sit on the beach theres not much to do.. Went over to view a sporting event and other than that we dident do much else.. As we dident see anything to do..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

go to puertaventura....dragon kahn, nearly **** my pants

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭culsoh

Plan is to go to Portaventura one of the days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

It's not a great place, dunno how good it will be in May though. Barcelona is worth a visit. There is quad biking n stuff, but other than that it's a typical seaside holiday resort, bars, people on the streets trying to get you into bars, chips and sand...

On the plus side though I met my husband there. I had a great laugh there, but I'd not go back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Take a wander into the old town - near the marina end, nice area with reasonably up-market (compared to the commercial end) restaurants & shops where the locals generally hang out.

Also if you rent a car, driving along the coast and even into the hills is well worth the trip - although I was there at the time of the WRC Rally event 2009 - some incredible scenery in the mountain villages & surrounding areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Go to Aquapolis water park and go to the Go kart track, its one of the best I've been on! Check out the link for google maps to see a satellite view of the track

www.kartingsalou.com

www.aquopolis.es

Is there any places you'd recommend to visit for something nice to eat?

Any recommendations for bars - e.g. Irish Bars?

culsoh wrote: »
    Is there any places you'd recommend to visit for something nice to eat?

Any recommendations for bars - e.g. Irish Bars?

Anyone???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

culsoh wrote: »
    Anyone???

there was a nice scottish pub i havent a clue of the name its been a few years but the name has some connection with golf- nineteenth hole or something like that- theres a picture of an old fashioned golfer on the sign. but anyway went there for the breakfast one morning and then went every morning after that it was lovely the dinners were lovely there too. nothing fancy but good grub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

El Toro Steakhouse along by the beach is absolutely amazing, definitely worth a visit. There's the Danny Boy bar just off the beach which is pretty good and 007 just down the road which is more of a club/pub, but both owned by the same crowd. Nightclub wise, Snoepy's is well worth a visit although depending on your musical taste, you'll either love it or hate it!

• Advertisement

Thanks. Will keep an eye out for those places!

Is Salou big?? We ere in Lanzarote a few years ago and I didn't seem to big (like you wouldn't miss anything IYKWIM)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

big enough i suppose a lot of it is concentrated like most resorts but theres bits and bobs all over if you know what i mean.. personally i wasnt too impressed with salou but dont let that put you off ive met others who loved it. portaventura is definately worth a visit especially if youve kids

Advertisement