Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Jaunting cars around Killarney/Gap Of Dunloe

Options
  • 13-04-2011 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

What can I expect to pay for jaunting car trips around Killarney

More specifically - a trip from Kate Kearney's cottage up through the gap of Dunloe ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

How come I can't find any info on this? It's worse than a secret society, I cannot seem to find prices at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

For info on Gap of dunloe tours their mobile number is 0872672821 they arrange travel to Kate Kearney cottage where Jauntings car can bring you the 7 muiles to Lord Brandon Cottage where then u are brought by boat on Killarney's 3 lakes retuning to Ross Castle, this journey may also be done in reverse....www.gapofdunloetours.com is their site....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

vicwatson wrote: »
    How come I can't find any info on this? It's worse than a secret society, I cannot seem to find prices at all.

The only reason is because their is NO set-price.

Some in the town will charge 30euros for 30mins whereas others then would be 30euros for 45mins-1hr! What most people do is haggle, it is about the only thing in Killarney that you can haggle successfully on.
    More then at the Gap itself would not have these prices at all then. It depends of who you meet to be honest.

Ring the number suggested above and see what response that gives you.

It is not worse than a secret society. If people here had answers they will answer you vicwatson, like they have answered countless of other queries relating to Killarney.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Also spotted another bit of info....Killarney Jaunting Cars ....Tangney Tours...064 6633358...they would be able to help you also.....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

It is not worse than a secret society. If people here had answers they will answer you vicwatson, like they have answered countless of other queries relating to Killarney.

Eh it was a joke. Though it is very VERY difficult to get prices for such trips. Ok Haggle it is !

Thanks for all the info guys (and gals).

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 cutefainne

Hello,

I know a jarvey who owns a b&b the gap of Dunloe, his wife runs it and you'll get a price direct from the jarvey and not a tour company.
    http://www.ferriswheel.ie/index.html

phone numbers are on the site.

Basically there is no fixed price as its as much as they think you will pay. It depends on the jarvey. It depends on how many people also. 2 people will be different from 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭katy67

You can use your car and drive through the Gap of Dungloe. The roads are fine.

Advertisement