Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must eat restaurants/Must see spots in/around Killarney

Options
  • 13-04-2011 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

Be staying Killarney in couple of weeks with young family.

Any ideas would be great

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

first thing is pack walking shoes as they are so many walks around Killarney...from Knockreer house and gardens in town to Ross Castle and the Cooper mines...Muckross House and gardens leading to Torc Waterfall.....stop off at the lake hotel and admire the mountain and lake while enjoying a refreshing drink....A trip on the lake from Ross Castle to Lord Brandon's cottage and walk/cycle or hire a jaunting car to bring you through the gap of Dunloe and stop off at Kate Kearneys for a meal or drink ....I did it last year and it really was worth the trip...arranged boat and transport from Kate Kearneys....
    for the younger members of the family there is buddies play area...but great reports on Kennedys Pet farm on the Cork road.....To be honest you will need a holiday after all this....A great holiday pocket guide is called Kerrygems and is free ..try the tourist office and also found in some shops...or try www. Kerrygems.com packed with some good sight seeing tips
    above all enjoy...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Thanks for that inof. the website you suggested is a broken link or doesn't exist.

I have a thread in the Kerry section re the prices of jaunting cars would you oblige me and let me have an answer on it?

Thanks

Advertisement