Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annual council charge and moving..

Options
  • 13-04-2011 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭

Ok so Im moving house at the end of the month and have paid the annual waste charges for the year 2011 for bin collections. However I am moving to a new apartment in a different area where waste is covered, so is there any way you can get a refund for the annual charge?
    Obviously Im not going to get all of it back because I will have used 5 months worth but would I be entitled to a portion of it? I know they give you the option of paying for 6 months but I had intended to extend my lease at the time.

Thanks for any replies!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

What did your bin provider say when you asked them your question?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Its Fingal Co Co and I've tried ringing them (waste dept) since Monday only to get answering machines (it was during office hours). Left name/number on Monday an nobody got back to me so I came on here to see if anybody had this issue before...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Thank you.
    I finally got in touch with them by going down to the office during their (infrequent) opening hours and was told after a lot of unsure responses that they'd refund me once I brought the stickers on the bins back to them.
    Fair enough, €55 quid in my pocket well worth the chasing!

Thanks for your replies.

Advertisement