Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lock or Security Device suitable for Patio Doors

• 13-04-2011 5:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭

I am wondering if anyone can recommend a lock or security device that is suitable for patio doors.

Have any of you purchased the Ivess Lock? (I read about it in the newpaper but I believe that it was also featured on Dragon's Den too) and if you did purchase it, was it any good?

Many thanks,

Mrs D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭altor

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I am wondering if anyone can recommend a lock or security device that is suitable for patio doors.

Have any of you purchased the Ivess Lock? (I read about it in the newpaper but I believe that it was also featured on Dragon's Den too) and if you did purchase it, was it any good?

Many thanks,

Mrs D

Very hard to protect with a lock as most are simply glazed from the outside so taken the glass out is easier than trying to force the door open. Might not be in your case but always best to check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Altor, Can you tell from this picture if my patio doors are grazed from the outside? I'm sorry it isn't a great picture.

The creator of the Ivess Lock states that most patio doors are lifted off and his device prevents this. Do you have any views? Thanks, Mrs D ;):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭altor

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Altor, Can you tell from this picture if my patio doors are grazed from the outside? I'm sorry it isn't a great picture.

The creator of the Ivess Lock states that most patio doors are lifted off and his device prevents this. Do you have any views? Thanks, Mrs D ;):)

It is not a good picture to see if it is or not. If you can post a clearer picture of where I have the arrow pointed to I will tell you. Inside and outside.

I would say it would prevent the door being lifted off but what protects the glass from being taken out.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Moved to DIY.

Advertisement