Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Masturbation

• 13-04-2011 5:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

After reading and posting in the 'un erotic wet dream' thread I was discussing wet dreams and masturbation (not in a childish way) with mates last night in the pub.
    The general concensus was that guys around my age (mid 30's) didn't masturbate as much as when they were in their 20's.
    Im just wondering now am I in the minority who is married with kids but I still masturbate daily.

No need for childish replies or anything too graphic please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Maybe not daily, but not far off!

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

Masturbation is such an ugly word, how about the phrase 'having sex on our own'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

What's ugly about it, its only a word?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭boost creep

i rather think of it as 'handy sex'...

Jesus, next we'll hear about Pam and her five sisters

• Advertisement

DIY Sex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

how about the phrase 'having sex on our own'

Or as Woody Allen says - "it's sex with someone you love" !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 stratos_fear

Daily when married seems a bit strange-do you have sex also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

vicwatson wrote: »
    Or as Woody Allen says - "it's sex with someone you love" !

Was that not in reference to his step daughter :eek:;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Was that not in reference to his step daughter eek.gifwink.gif

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

Walkman wrote: »
    I was discussing wet dreams and masturbation (not in a childish way) with mates last night in the pub.

So do kids talk about that sort of thing in the playground now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Maybe not every day, but close enough. I can go a good few days without, whereas I couldn't when I was younger. Then again the mood would take me and I could do it twice or three times a day/row.

Can't beat the feeling of an orgasm :P

Lahm wrote: »
    So do kids talk about that sort of thing in the playground now?

Was wondering when one of these responses would come about.
    If you have nothing better to add move along

Daily when married seems a bit strange-do you have sex also?

Course that's why I was wondering and asked the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

About three times a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Nothing to add to the general conversation I just feel the need to pop in and mention that the ones when you can't sleep are the best and ensure a blissful slumber after :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭I-Shot-Jr

I'm twenty and single and have a ferociously muscled right bicep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

My first ever was Christmas eve and I couldn't sleep cause I was so excited about Santa arriving. (seriously)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

My first ever was Christmas eve and I couldn't sleep cause I was so excited about Santa arriving. (seriously)

Possibly the best story about someone's first masturbation I've ever heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭I-Shot-Jr

banquo wrote: »
    Possibly the best story about someone's first masturbation I've ever heard.

Agreed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas ♫

Serious question here, I've mentioned this to a few of my mates and they're either in the same boat or know somebody who is....

I'm left handed yet use my right for self-love - do most leftys do this??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

PaulieC wrote: »
    Serious question here, I've mentioned this to a few of my mates and they're either in the same boat or know somebody who is....

I'm lefty, and no.

I think thats the whole "stranger" dealy some people do.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I'm lefty, and no.

I think thats the whole "stranger" dealy some people do.

Nah...I use my right even though I'm left handed - any other lefty I've asked has been in the same boat as myself which is odd

I thought the stranger dealy is that you sit on your hand until it goes numbe then work away - never seen the appeal tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I thought the stranger dealy is that you sit on your hand until it goes numbe then work away - never seen the appeal tbh

Ya gotta love Scrubs.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Must resist comment about abouttobebanned looking forwards to an old man emptying his sack for him

Why do that??
    If your gonna look after yourself then have everything able to feel all the sensations, don't bloody numb or you could get carried away and cause yourself and injury :-p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Walkman wrote: »
    Why do that??
    If your gonna look after yourself then have everything able to feel all the sensations, don't bloody numb or you could get carried away and cause yourself and injury :-p

Eh...its your hand that goes numb, no nice nerve endings in a hand as far as I can recall.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Ya gotta love Scrubs.

Or you gotta love whoever first came up with that idea. I remember being in first year in secondary school being told that one!

By a girl too oddly!

I'm right handed and use my left. Don't think it has anything to do with stranger thing though. I open all bottles, doors etc with my left hand too.

• Advertisement

I'm right handed and use my left. Don't think it has anything to do with stranger thing though. I open all bottles, doors etc with my left hand too.

The plot thickens....more research to be done....to the LAB! :pac:

The lab revealed the following:
    According to a survey of over 10,000 males by the web site HealthyStrokes.com in the second half of 2007, 50 percent of right-handed males masturbate with their right hand, 11.7 percent with their left hand, 37 percent switch or use both, and 1.3 percent use no hands (primarily males with Traumatic Masturbatory Syndrome, or TMS).

Among left-handed males, 47.6 percent masturbate with their left hand, 21.8 percent masturbate with their right hand, 29.6 percent switch of use both, and 1 percent use no hands.

Among ambidextrous males, 69.1 percent switch or use both hands, 20.7 percent masturbate with their right hand, 8.5 percent masturbate with their left hand, and 1.6 percent use no hands.

What is odd about these data is not that most males masturbate with their dominant hand or hands; rather, it is puzzling why almost twice as many lefties masturbate crosshanded (i.e., with the non-dominant hand) than righties.

I think I'd identify as ambidextrous. Lefty is the old reliable, but the right does get some action on occasion. Maybe learning to kick a ball with my right and left feet played a part?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Traumatic Masturbatory Syndrome, or TMS

What is that? Is that like PMS but for men instead?:eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Ya gotta love Scrubs.
    Or Billy Connelly circa 1979, which is where I heard it first. I reckon there's Roman graffiti somewhere saying similar. And I just know there's Greek. :D
    I use both TBH. Not at the same time, lest some think me boastful for structural reasons, though... But yea both. Frequency? At 44? It depends, but I'd say 6 times a week on average, sometimes 3, sometimes 10. NOt a lot of diff from when I was 25.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

I genuinely think there were weeks when I was 12 that I was getting past 21 times :pac:

Mrmoe wrote: »

I noticd that and looked into it on the same site - has to be made up becuase some of the 'facts' about it were frankly hilarious!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

kbannon wrote: »
    Must resist comment about abouttobebanned looking forwards to an old man emptying his sack for him

Noticed how I said santa "arriving"..... ;)

Mrmoe wrote: »

By the power of Google....
    What is Traumatic Masturbatory Syndrome?

Traumatic Masturbatory Syndrome (TMS) is the habit some males have of masturbating in a face-down (prone) position. Some TMS practitioners rub their penises against the mattress, pillow, or other bedding, or the floor. Some TMS practitioners lie on their stomachs and thrust into their hands.

What's wrong with masturbating in this fashion?

Masturbating face down puts excessive pressure on the penis, and especially on the base of the penis. These sensations are not easily replicated in conventional masturbation or in sexual intercourse. This can make TMS practitioners unable to have normal sexual relations. A survey conducted for this web site revealed that males who masturbate conventionally have sex 6.6 times more often than TMS practitioners.
    http://www.healthystrokes.com/

Seemingly there is a bit of debate over the syndrome as it was only theorised in 2004. But it has been discussed in actual legitimate academic journals. That was an odd 10 minutes of research!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

Using your right hand if your a lefty or vice versa is called cross dominance.

I eat crisps and hold myself with my left hand while urinating, and I'm a righty.

Disclaimer, (I don't eat crisps while urinating).:D.

About masturbation.

I own a sex toy site and 60% of the visitors to both my site and facebook page are male. And 70% of these are between 35-55. So it looks like its normal to masturbate when your middle aged or married. I know I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

What is Traumatic Masturbatory Syndrome?

Traumatic Masturbatory Syndrome (TMS) is the habit some males have of masturbating in a face-down (prone) position. Some TMS practitioners rub their penises against the mattress, pillow, or other bedding, or the floor. Some TMS practitioners lie on their stomachs and thrust into their hands.

Bizzare, I masturbated this way as a youngster. I reckon this is due to me sharing a room. (for future reference parents, 11 year old boys need privacy).
    I now masturbate with my hand. I have heard that it can cause problems like phimosis but not sure. Never really thought much about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

suey71 wrote: »
    I own a sex toy site and 60% of the visitors to both my site and facebook page are male. And 70% of these are between 35-55. So it looks like its normal to masturbate when your middle aged or married. I know I do.
    €6 for a chocolate willy:eek: You get them in the george for free.:D

Just curious you say 60% of your visitors are men but what about customers?
    Maybe your visitor count is mostly male because of the link from your boards sig which would bring mostly men.

• Advertisement

I know most of my customers are men because I sell a lot of TENGA products.
    The Tenga toys were designed to keep Japanese businessmen faithful to their wives while away on business trips(bought by wives for their guys).

You could be right about the sig, I never thought of that.
    But what makes you think that most Boards members are guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

My best friend talks about masturbation as if he's talking about the weather.He goes into detail about techniques etc.Im wondering should i tell him about this thread,i better not:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

According to a survey of over 10,000 males by the web site HealthyStrokes.com in the second half of 2007, 50 percent of right-handed males masturbate with their right hand, 11.7 percent with their left hand, 37 percent switch or use both, and 1.3 percent use no hands (primarily males with Traumatic Masturbatory Syndrome, or TMS).

Among left-handed males, 47.6 percent masturbate with their left hand, 21.8 percent masturbate with their right hand, 29.6 percent switch of use both, and 1 percent use no hands.

Among ambidextrous males, 69.1 percent switch or use both hands, 20.7 percent masturbate with their right hand, 8.5 percent masturbate with their left hand, and 1.6 percent use no hands.

What is odd about these data is not that most males masturbate with their dominant hand or hands; rather, it is puzzling why almost twice as many lefties masturbate crosshanded (i.e., with the non-dominant hand) than righties.
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Id imagine that small precentage to things like hump pillows etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    About three times a day.

Jaysus H!! Lads, will ye pull ye'reselves together and don't be pulling ye'reselves apart.

I know most of my customers are men because I sell a lot of TENGA products.
    The Tenga toys were designed to keep Japanese businessmen faithful to their wives while away on business trips(bought by wives for their guys).

You could be right about the sig, I never thought of that.
    But what makes you think that most Boards members are guys?
    Any of the gender polls I've seen normally have around 70% guys.

Id imagine that small precentage to things like hump pillows etc.

Or maybe the lucky few that are double jointed and don't need hands.

Damn that 1.6%.

Plazaman wrote: »
    Jaysus H!! Lads, will ye pull ye'reselves together and don't be pulling ye'reselves apart.
    I doubt 3 times a day would be considered a lot by most men.

I have at least 2 a day but it would just be getting rid of morning wood and then one to get to sleep. I'd only have one during the day maybe 2 or 3 times a week and they would be the only ones where I'm actually horny the rest are just practical.:D I think have a pretty low sex drive.

SugarHigh wrote: »
    Any of the gender polls I've seen normally have around 70% guys.

Is that 70% of Boardsies are guys or 70% of people that buy erotic toys are guys?

Is that 70% of Boardsies are guys or 70% of people that buy erotic toys are guys?
    Of Boardsies

in 2005 it was 80% male
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=249022#

I think it's closer to 70 now but I can't find any threads.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement