Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone want to start a band?

Options
  • 13-04-2011 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Alright,

I'm a songwriter / guitarist. Mid twenties. Looking to start a band influenced by The Strokes, The Vaccines, The Stone Roses, The Libertines etc

In a band already but it's not going as fast as I would like it to due to other members commitments to other things. Ideally I want to get a group of people together who are also unemployed / students / have a lot of time on their hands and have a desire to make it and who are willing to put the time into it to make it happen sooner rather than later. There must be folks out there with time on their hands! I want people who want regular daytime practices as well as regular gigs.

If you're intersted drop us a reply and tell us a bit about yourself, influences, experience etc and we can try hook something up

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭line6

i expect you're in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭paul.fitz

hey man i'm in the middle up gettin a band together, just lookin for a 2nd guitarist and drummer now.

here's a rough idea of what we're doin

www.myspace.com/pfitzpatrick

if your interested my email is fitzer99@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

pjsc84 wrote: »
    Alright,

I'm a songwriter / guitarist. Mid twenties. Looking to start a band influenced by The Strokes, The Vaccines, The Stone Roses, The Libertines etc

In a band already but it's not going as fast as I would like it to due to other members commitments to other things. Ideally I want to get a group of people together who are also unemployed / students / have a lot of time on their hands and have a desire to make it and who are willing to put the time into it to make it happen sooner rather than later. There must be folks out there with time on their hands! I want people who want regular daytime practices as well as regular gigs.

If you're intersted drop us a reply and tell us a bit about yourself, influences, experience etc and we can try hook something up

Cheers
    Please have a read of this thread and add more info to your post like your location and the age range you're looking for. That'll save others from having to ask you those questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pjsc84

Apologies for left out details. Does seem hurried on reading it back. Yes I'm in Dublin.

I hadn't really thought about the age group, I suppose 18 - 30. Maybe a bit older. I'm 26. It wouldn't bother me being in a band with an 18 year old or whatever once they're good and able to practice and gig very regularly.

Positions sought: Singer, bassist, lead guitarist and drummer.... Keyboard, violin, banjo WHATEVER! All good.

I want people interested in playing Indie, Rock, Alt music. My influences are The Beatles, The Strokes, The Stone Roses, The Libertines, Kasabian, The Vaccines, The Jam, The Rolling Stones, The Smiths, The Clash etc

I'd quite like to get people who like this style of music too!

The reason I want to set up a band here is because I'm currently in another band with band members who have a lot of personal things going on and can't make the band the priority. Which is what I want. I'm not working at the moment so I have a lot of time and i want to use that time to find other people in similar circumstances and with similar views about how good music is made. People who will put time and effort into practicing and gigging around Ireland. And also who can play!

Too much to ask? Maybe. But you won't get if you don't ask!

Now I'm really new to this so if I've left out anything again then my apologies but contact me if you want to know more.

Cheers

Thanks for the update pjsc84, welcome to Boards by the way!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Katsong

Where are you based?
    K

Katsong wrote: »
    Where are you based?
    K
    Just in case you missed it:
    pjsc84 wrote: »
    I'm in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pjsc84

Cheers Malice!

Yeah I was born, raised and currently live in Dublin. I am a Dub. A Northside Dub if that matters.

DUBLIN!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Shortyshaz

PM sent! :)

Advertisement