Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eating Tacos

Options
  • 13-04-2011 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

How does one go about this without creating a big mess?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

not possible, roll up the sleeves, grab a heap of napkins and dive in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Yeah its like a kebab ,theres no easy way !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

When done in restaurants and possibly in Mexico :D, aren't they steamed or something so they're somewhat soft so you can kinda eat them as a wrap?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

THey come in dark and soft versions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭Kiva.D

Perhaps you could avoid some of the mess if you put very little stuff inside, roll them up and deepfry them like taquitos... ? taquitos.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭s-cogan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ryandublin

Fart wrote: »
    When done in restaurants and possibly in Mexico :D, aren't they steamed or something so they're somewhat soft so you can kinda eat them as a wrap?

Tacos can come in soft shell or hard shell varieties. I make hard shell tacos at home and if I am served hard shells in a restaurant I handle it the same. I just break the shells into bits and mix everything together effectively making a taco salad. This is also good because all of the flavors get mixed.

Soft shelled tacos if not over stuffed are just eaten like a burrito. The important thing is to not over stuff the taco but layer it properly so you have a good portion of all ingredients inside. The perfect layering system for a taco if you are left to make it yourself from tortillas at a restaurant is....

1. meat on the bottom

2.cheese (this means the taco meat melts the cheese the best)

3. Salad

4. Sour cream guacamole and then salsa. This ensures all the veggies mix with the sauces and will stay fresher away from the heat of the meat.

It amuses me to watch my Euro friends try to eat tacos. As an American i was raised with them and it seems as simple a question as asking me how I would eat toast with butter.

Naturally I butter the top side of the toast turn it upside down and use a lot of napkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I get the taco shells and put some chopped tomatoes (or tinned) at the bottom of the taco then I put the lettuce up along the side and then put the taco meat in and the cheese on top.
    Then I microwave it for a few seconds so that the cheese melts and the taco kind of bends and take it out and kind of squeeze it a bit closed (the cheese should help it stick) and then microwave it again for a few seconds.

The lettuce gets extremely hot though when microwaved so be careful if you do this.

Advertisement