Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choice of Courses

Options
  • 13-04-2011 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just got an acceptance letter for Bsc in Computing with Multimedia. I applied for a few courses through the CAO in case I didn't get my preferred course which is Information Technology Support. I won't find out about this course until July if there is significant numbers for it to go ahead.

I went for this course because it's more for mature students and is more practically delivered. It also has a 6 month work placement at the end. I liked this as I'm formally a manufacturing technician for 12 years.

My questions are can I apply for this course and opt out if the other course goes ahead?

Has anyone any experience in Computing with Multimedia and it's difficulty?
    I love repairing and troubleshooting computers (and machines in previously job) and have one chance as you know with choosing a course as a mature student, so don't want to chose something over my head.

Any advice appreciated, thanks..

Advertisement