Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire pit - where to source bricks?

Options
  • 13-04-2011 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭

Hey I'm looking to build a firepit in a field we have at the back of our house.

I was looking at using this as a template

I think I can source everything, but I am a bit stumped on where to get the blocks required from.
    The ones used already have markings on them to help with the alignment etc, while obviously this isn't essential it would make things easier.
    Here is a picture of the ones used.

Any idea the costs associated with this kind of a project? And any other hints or tips would be most appreciated as it will be my first diy project.

thanks in advance

Luke

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

I have 65 trees worth of wood to burn and no fireplace to burn it in and was thinking about one of these so thank you for posting the link.

Did you get the steel ring made or did you buy it somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Thought you were offering me some free wood for a second there ;)

I haven't gotten any of the materials yet, so actually if anybody knows a good place to find a steel ring like this, then post it too :).

I was thinking it would be easy enough to get it fabricated if I wasn't able to find it in a large hardware store.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Any body else got some ideas? Was reading more into it and thinking maybe using firebricks and then just other stones as a facade around the outside to make it more aesthetically pleasing.

Advertisement