Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 week old puppy limping after second booster

• 13-04-2011 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi :)

My 10 week old Lap X puppy just got her second booster today
    She is now limping and when you touch under her right leg just up around the hip/rib area she yelps also she is sleepin alot.

If anyone can help or give me some information on if this is normal or not i would be greatful

Thanks
    Sinead

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

that happened my dog and went away itself after few day..i think it was grown pains i think..and its normal that they sleep alot at that age too.give it 2 or 3 days and see how she is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭galwegians

sparky89 wrote: »
    Hi :)

My 10 week old Lap X puppy just got her second booster today
    She is now limping and when you touch under her right leg just up around the hip/rib area she yelps also she is sleepin alot.

If anyone can help or give me some information on if this is normal or not i would be greatful

Thanks
    Sinead

best advice i would say is ring the vet who gave her the booster and explain your concerns,
    if the vet is any good he/she will look into it for you. good luck.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

Hey there. This happened before in a collie pup i was fostering, she had a reaction to the shot and was very tender and yelped everytime i picked her up. Almost had a panic attack the first time i heard her cos i thought something was seriously wrong. Is the area where she got the shot swollen? In my pup, it went down after a few hours and she was fine by the following day.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sparky89

Shanao wrote: »
    Hey there. This happened before in a collie pup i was fostering, she had a reaction to the shot and was very tender and yelped everytime i picked her up. Almost had a panic attack the first time i heard her cos i thought something was seriously wrong. Is the area where she got the shot swollen? In my pup, it went down after a few hours and she was fine by the following day.

It doesnt appear to be swollen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Shanao wrote: »

+1 my guy was the same - he had the shot in the evening and cried when I tried to pick him up that night but he was fine the next day. He had it just before puppy class and was slept thru the class because he was drugged up lol :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

It doesn't sound like a very bad reaction so. I'd give her until tomorrow and see how she is, if she's still sore, then I'd contact the vet

Advertisement