Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request for festival 2011 sticky

Options
  • 13-04-2011 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hey boards,

Was thinking it would be a great idea if we could get a sticky in here named festival <year> that people can add to. A big huge comprehensive list of festivals big and small going on this summer all in place.

What you reckon?

I added a poll to this. Mod's, if theres a pile of yes's can you set it up?

Would you like to see a sticky for a list of festivals <year>? 14 votes

yes
    0% 0 votes
    no
    100% 14 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I would love to see a festival A-Z where people can list festivals they've been to with a brief description of the location, what kind of music etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dubbeat

Indeed. I really think those of us who dislike having to traverse more than 1 page for information should be catered for !

:P

but seriously, I'm looking for rock/metal festival to go to this summer and a nice handy list of ones boardsies were at would be handy, sort it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭bren2001

I was looking at going to a festival in Europe but found it hard to find festivals and then their line up. It just made the process really long.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Also you could also link to a page on certain festivals e.g When someone sees Pukkelpop then you but the Pukkelpop Thread link beside it

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    I'm up for this, I'll PM the other mods and see what they think, an A-Z of festivals abroad with some info like prices/official site etc would be handy, not sure about posting each lineup as this would clog it up plus would be always changing. A general sticky would be better IMO.

This all sounds good! I agree no need for line-up just a link would be fine and just basic info....location, price, type of music, when it is etc
    Also you could also link to a page on certain festivals e.g When someone sees Pukkelpop then you but the Pukkelpop Thread link beside it

yes nice idea

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I have done one up. It's a good idea so we'll see how it goes. :)

Advertisement