Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sympathetic GP

Options
  • 13-04-2011 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anybody could recommend a good GP in the Dublin 15/Chapelizod/Lucan area.I have had trouble finding a good GP since my current one left my local practice. I have tried a few other places but haven't found any that I would rush back to. Like I said I can be quite a nervous patient and would need somebody sympatheitc, a good "people person".

If anybody has any recommendations I would appreciate if you could post details and experiences up here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

The Maguire's practice directly across from the Greyhound pub have served many people for over three decade's.

Doctor Terrance Maguire (not totally sure if it's this way of spelling the surname) was the long standing doctor in this practice but his daughter Cloda has taken it on as far as I know and she is exactly as her father is; a total top class personality which is always important.

I hope this is of help to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 IndigoBlue

Two really lovely doctors in Main St, Clonee Village, I think it's called Clonee Medical Centre, just before the post office, upstairs from the Chinese Restaurant. Great hours, 8.30am (or maybe 9.30)- 11.30 and 4pm - 6pm Monday to Friday, no appointments necessary. One male, one female, and the female doctor (Dr Edel McAteer) has her own clinic times if you prefer to see a woman. They couldn't be nicer, I've road-tested several doctors in the area and these are the best I've met anywhere really. There's an archway just before that leads into a large parking area not ticketed.
    I think the fee is €55.00
    As for being nervous, the last time I was there I was completely HYSTERICAL, having woken up with a fly in my ear. INSIDE my ear.YES. ALIVE. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Hiitsme

I second Dr. Clodagh Maguire in Blanch. She is lovely, very friendly and down to earth. I would have no hesitation recommending her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your recommendations - makes finding a new gp practie a lot easier.

D78:)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lil-ms-vodka

Clonsilla Clinic, only been for one visit but the doc is lovely, very friendly and will put u at ease. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Dr McDonald in Portersgate is fantastic

Oh Jesus Christ indigo!!! :eek:
    Sorry off topic but tell more! What did the dr do to treat this?!
    IndigoBlue wrote: »
    As for being nervous, the last time I was there I was completely HYSTERICAL, having woken up with a fly in my ear. INSIDE my ear.YES. ALIVE. :eek:

Don't blame you for being hysterical!

Advertisement