Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlusconi's Italy: Is it safe?

• 13-04-2011 8:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭

I have travelled up and down Italy, visited many of the different regions and met many different nationalities there (Sicillians, Umbrians, Tuscans, Calabrians included).

But I am increasingly concerned about my own Moral Security when I a reminded of the numerous Court Case's that Silvio Berlusconi has faced and the pervaracation of Prosecutors at the different of levels the Italian court system to bring cases in front of the various courts. So that many of these cases pass the Statute of Limitations for the offence.

The changes in the law after a prosecution have been brought against the Prime Minister so that the alleged crie is no longer a breach in the law.

These prosecutions have concerned Bribery of Judges on previous cases, Embezzlement and Fraudulent accounting.

By remaing in a country my taxes and purchases with State owned organisations I a surely complicite in condoning the behaviour at the top of this regime.

There is a 10% IVA (VAT) on Hotel bed prices and further discusion on the Cabinet passes more laws for local comune (Municipalities) to raise taxes directly off tourists.
    http://www.worldtourismdirectory.com/news/8050
    "European Tour Operators Association's (ETOA’s) Executive Director, Tom Jenkins, reacted by highlighting the recent introduction of such a tax in Rome.
    “We read that communes would be able to follow the ‘Rome model.’ This is not a paragon of good government,” said Jenkins."

Berlusconi's domination of the Italian Media so that ordinary Italians are not provided with an adequate independent service and the fact that AC Milan aren't tip-top should be grave concern for any intending visitor to Italy.

Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, if any...

Should we be boycotting Italy in your opinion? Or just lamenting AC Milan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Yeah you propably should have posted this in after hours.

Advertisement