Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Move Network adaptor on usb list?.

• 13-04-2011 9:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭

I want to try to make sure people dont accidentally eject the wireless usb network adaptor when they really mean to eject their usb flashdrive?.

The network adaptor is top of the list and automatically highlighted as a deafult.
    Is there any way i can protect the network card from being accidentally ejected other than verbally warning people!?

USB-Device-Shortcut-6.png
    (A google image of a similar scenario)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Instead of left clicking on the remove icon and clicking eject item why not just tell them to right click and choose the item to eject

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Instead of left clicking on the remove icon and clicking eject item why not just tell them to right click and choose the item to eject

The thing is even when this is done its the wireless adaptor thats highlighted as the assumed device even though the usb flashdrive was the last usb device in.

Have a look at this. It's for hiding drives but it may also work for devices. I havent tested it (too lazy to sorry :( )
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/hide-drives-from-your-computer-in-windows-vista/

Unfortunately not. Ive seen the question posed on some google searches but cant find a solution yet.

I think it's time to take a big stick to the staff!!

Think pavlov's dog :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

As I said to a store owner today. That would be a training issue. :)

Yup:)
    Screen+shot+2011-04-01+at+11.34.04+AM.png

Advertisement