Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs found

Options
  • 13-04-2011 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Found three little dogs in a field close to castle oaks between oak park road and Dublin road this evening. They didn't have collars or tags.
    One was terrified of us and ran off towards oak park road.
    They are terriers type small dogs...I'm not sure of exact breed. I'll post a pic later.
    I've left a message for the dog warden tonight also.
    Please PM me if you know of anyone that's missing their dogs. Although they weren't wearing collars they look well fed and looked after.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ruby rules

kildareash wrote: »
    Found three little dogs in a field close to castle oaks between oak park road and Dublin road this evening. They didn't have collars or tags.
    One was terrified of us and ran off towards oak park road.
    They are terriers type small dogs...I'm not sure of exact breed. I'll post a pic later.
    I've left a message for the dog warden tonight also.
    Please PM me if you know of anyone that's missing their dogs. Although they weren't wearing collars they look well fed and looked after.

I was just wondering what happened to the dogs??? Did anybody claim them??? Poor things :( Alot of dogs were been taken around that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

There sure was. (Kildare Ash took 3 of em) :D

Only kidding, but just wondering why you would pick up these dogs?

Would it not be normal for dog owners to allow their dogs to roam collarless freely in country area's?

I'm not saying its OK, Just fairly normal maybe, I know many farmers who don't place collars on their dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Hannah C

Maybe let ASH Animal Rescue know?http://www.ashanimalrescue.com/ash/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

We took them to the vets the next morning to scan them for chips, but unsurprisingly they weren't microchipped.

We have two dogs of our own, so we were only able to keep them overnight.

I rang the pound the following morning and they came to collect them. I tried ringing a couple of times the following week, but didn't get through to see what happened to them.

I felt really bad for the little things, but if they were dropped off, hopefully karma will bite their formers owner in the bum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

kildareash wrote: »
    I rang the pound the following morning and they came to collect them. I tried ringing a couple of times the following week, but didn't get through to see what happened to them.

I felt really bad for the little things, but if they were dropped off, hopefully karma will bite their formers owner in the bum.

So then they are probably dead? :/ As the pound only holds them for about 5 days or little over it I think then they ....well....go to doggie heaven! :/

• Advertisement
Advertisement