Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castle in Roscam area?

Options
  • 13-04-2011 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi guys,
    I was driving out of the Galway clinic today and saw a huge Castle to the left in Roscam. Had a quick search online but cant seem to find it. Anyone know what it is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Can you be more specific where you saw it from ?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 4k

When driving out of the Clinic there is a junction, turn right to go to the Roscam roundabout (Martin Roundabout). While stopped at that junction I looked to the left and a few fields over there was a big castle. Seemed to be a little bit of construction going on around it.. Perhaps it's new? Didn't look very newly built though. It looked Amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Tiramisu

Its a new build, a private house made to look like a castle, very impressive if you drive down past it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

It's a private house built in the last few years, the stonework was taken from a ruined castle.

I think the owner was/is financial controller of a large meat company

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

Hmmm there is an old house in ruin, well was in ruin last time i saw it, as you you go up the road off the roundabout for galway clinic you see it on the left across the fields. Is this the one you mean?
    http://goo.gl/maps/OUnX

• Advertisement

yer man! wrote: »
    Hmmm there is an old house in ruin, well was in ruin last time i saw it, as you you go up the road off the roundabout for galway clinic you see it on the left across the fields. Is this the one you mean?
    http://goo.gl/maps/OUnX

That seems to be it alright.
    It looked absolutely beautiful this evening, Might try and drive past tomorrow to see if I can get a better look. Very curious. I cant believe I never spotted this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

4k wrote: »
    That seems to be it alright.
    It looked absolutely beautiful this evening, Might try and drive past tomorrow to see if I can get a better look. Very curious. I cant believe I never spotted this before.

Really shows how taste is such a personal preference. To me it looks like something straight out of Disney!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Miss_F

Tiramisu wrote: »
    Its a new build, a private house made to look like a castle, very impressive if you drive down past it.

thats pretty much the story newish up a couple of years made to look like a castle, person who was building it ran into financial difficulty. Looks savage from a distance lot of flaws up close!!! leaks, etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It is in Ardaun, not Roscam. Clearly visible from the new Dual Carriageway when you are heading west and located here. What a tacky and tasteless monstrosity :( The City Council gave him permission to build this. 'Designed' by well known identikit ( but always suspiciously like Forster Court) semi designer Gabriel Dolan so why am I surprised :D

http://gis.galwaycity.ie/WebDocsViewer/displayimage.asp?ID=8375858

I wasn't sure where Roscam ended and I didn't know what the area beside it was called. So is the Clinic in Ardaun as well?

I think it's lovely anyway. and I agree that it looks straight out of Disney land. Maybe nama will make a playground out of it.. *crosses fingers*

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Feck it, I cant get a good view of it on Google Maps. Would have liked to see it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

almighty1 wrote: »
    Feck it, I cant get a good view of it on Google Maps. Would have liked to see it.

:confused:
    It's still there, physically visible on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hoff1

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    It is in Ardaun, not Roscam. Clearly visible from the new Dual Carriageway when you are heading west and located here. What a tacky and tasteless monstrosity :( The City Council gave him permission to build this. 'Designed' by well known identikit ( but always suspiciously like Forster Court) semi designer Gabriel Dolan so why am I surprised :D

http://gis.galwaycity.ie/WebDocsViewer/displayimage.asp?ID=8375858

whats the planning number the links not working

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭dannyd20

try this streetview link

link

it's old but gives you an idea

Advertisement