Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

*Madiba :)

Methinks someone was getting Nelson Mandela confused with a Sinead O Connor song!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭xploderz

DoozerT6 wrote: »

Methinks someone was getting Nelson Mandela confused with a Sinead O Connor song!

That's the only typing error you spotted? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

xploderz wrote: »
    That's the only typing error you spotted? :pac:

Haha, I think I tuned the rest of it out!! How anybody could write (type) like that is beyond me. But I am a grammar fiend I'm afraid. Soz bout dat! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

DoozerT6 wrote: »

Ah, in fairness even the Taoiseach had difficulty spelling that one:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

A picture of a friend was on facebook and a comment was ""U look fab <Person>!! Xx" and underneath was "See Translation"

Not even facebook knows what they are saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Festy wrote: »
    Here's a few gems I came across all from the same fella ofc

garda nd county concil ar kiking me nd the young fella outa tullamore fukin kunts just after gettin setteled nd now im movin again fukin kunt of a life

went ta fas today goh in wih them now i have ta go do my cv nd go askin around in garages to see if anyone is willin to take me on nd if so i have ta do 4 years in collage buh **** ih it well worth 640 a month so ih is ill have a skyline in notime nd went nd goh me provishinal lisence taday aswell so im goin ta geh a moped hahah love ih things ar sartin to look up for me love life

This lad will be going places in his skyline...

Ohh wait

Up in court now im up with 32 charges could be lookin ah time inside fora while

:pac:

Follow up

Fukin packed nd the judge said shes givin me 2 yeArs fukin wanker

Nice1 Judge :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

*Snob alert*

I'm actually quite surprised how many of ye are friends with scumbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Birneybau wrote: »
    *Snob alert*

I'm actually quite surprised how many of ye are friends with scumbags.

He's not on my friends list. Just some scumbag who has his profile on public

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

xploderz wrote: »
    "fkn nigrian in d post off dis mrnnin n front ov me yer 1 hands hm ova 300 euros in 50s n 20s nd d big angry monky face on hm walkn away d lest y cud do is smyl ya ungratful c.u.n.t ya wud gt laffed outta it in der country tryna claim dat mch money"
    *in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Siosleis

Sinfonia wrote: »
    *in

Fetac 8?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

"if ya can't take a joke stay outta my conversations ya stupid bastards .-
    if ya think I put up too may status delete me
    and if you find my language offensive you can **** off
    MERRY CHRISTMAS ! FROM ME TO YOU !"

Classy lady..

Classy lady..

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

BNMC wrote: »

Classy lady..

That's no lady. That's my wife.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Girl, 21. Friend of a friend.

2 Hours ago:
    Don't understand when girls dumb themselves down for boys! If you've got intelligence you should be proud of it! I certainly am! I would never pretend to be stupid because I thought it would be COOL because it's definitely not!

20th December:
    Prettttttttyyyy drunk right about. NOW!!!!!!!!!!

19th December:
    absolutely buzzing with 2013 and can't wait for next year! I actually have the best people in my life right now! Hakuna matata

9th December:
    So in 4 nights I have had 11 hours sleep! Safe to day I'm pretty tired!! :'( anyone wanna go out tonight?!

Yeah . . .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Uh oh:

"(Girl 1) is claiming my sister (Girl 2) scrawled her last night! Just to clear up her lie- (Girl 2) wasn't anywhere even close to her! She has just made up a complete bare faced lie to blacken here name and then of course comments about her parenting skills! Low blows for low life! Her draining ness is toxic! She clearly doesn't have a Yolo philosophy!"

Merry Christmas everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

"scrawled"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

"Lads. i tell. Ya. Girls. Dease. Days. Going. Around talking about girls to. Boys. And. the. Boys tells. Ya back. They. Realy should be. A shame. Of dere selfs. Ahh. ****. It. Talk. Is cheep. Keep. Talking biches. Yas are making me. more famours"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

I read that last one in my head in this guy's voice. :D

"Lads. i tell. Ya. Girls. Dease. Days. Going. Around talking about girls to. Boys. And. the. Boys tells. Ya back. They. Realy should be. A shame. Of dere selfs. Ahh. ****. It. Talk. Is cheep. Keep. Talking biches. Yas are making me. more famours"
    A unique form of writing. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    "scrawled"?

Seriously, I need to know. What on earth is scrawled?

The first thing that came to mind was girl 1 passed out drunk and girl 2 drew penises all over her face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Scrawled as in scratched at would imagine. I remember using it as that when I was a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

That took about 15 seconds to read and I'm usually quite good at translating idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Scrawled as in scratched at would imagine. I remember using it as that when I was a kid.

Aww, my one is much more fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 GoAheadCaller

http://s28.postimg.org/6k8zg1tj1/Untitled.png

As much sympathy as I have for him, is facebook really the place for this sort of update?

As much sympathy as I have for him, is facebook really the place for this sort of update?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

what would you suggest, hire a town crier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

But look at all the likes he got

Although in fairness, close family would have been updated directly and now others will know from Facebook so it is handy enough not having to call people to let them know or whatever

what would you suggest, hire a town crier?

It just comes across as attention/sympathy seeking though, this was a public update. It's the type of sensitive info personally I would only talk to family and very close friends about, let them know in person or a phone call or something and not just broadcast publically all over the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

It's facebook via telegram!

Meeting the girlies stop Mad one planned stop YOLO stop hungover.com stop send lucozade stop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

It just comes across as attention/sympathy seeking though, this was a public update. It's the type of sensitive info personally I would only talk to family and very close friends about, let them know in person or a phone call or something and not just broadcast publically all over the internet.

Personally I find nothing wrong with his post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    "scrawled"?

Dumb Facebook slang for Scratched.

Its not the way I would have done it, but who am I to judge?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I feel old for not knowing this alternate use for "scrawled", and I'm only 19. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Is There Anything Worse Than Waiting On Tan Too Dry

No. There's absolutely nothing worse in the world than waiting for tan to try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

GarIT wrote: »
    Dumb Facebook slang for Scratched.

I'm amazed at all the hate for 'scrawled'
    It's a totally normal word meaning scratched.
    Or if you had bad untidy writing you'd be told to 'stop scrawling'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭b_mac

I was having a few beers last night, while reminiscing on times gone by, I decided to have a look at fb profiles of girls that I was messing around with(all 6 of them) in my younger days.

First girl that popped into my head was a little cracker from Tyrone... 5'1, petite, smart and an accent that alone would do it for me. Definately the best looking girl I was ever with. I always wondered how that ended and if there was any chance of one more weekend of madness. So stumbled on to her profile and...

FULL TIME MAMMY.

Only thing I saw on her page before I logged off and went to bed.

Lisha wrote: »
    I'm amazed at all the hate for 'scrawled'
    It's a totally normal word meaning scratched.
    Or if you had bad untidy writing you'd be told to 'stop scrawling'

I just checked Collin's and Oxford dictionaries and dictionary.com. Scrawled is not a word for anything other than to write hastily/badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

GarIT wrote: »
    I just checked Collin's and Oxford dictionaries and dictionary.com. Scrawled is not a word for anything other than to write hastily/badly.

Yes I checked too. All I can say is that in my north cork vernacular scrawled and scratched are interchangeable .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

b_mac wrote: »
    I was having a few beers last night, while reminiscing on times gone by, I decided to have a look at fb profiles of girls that I was messing around with(all 6 of them) in my younger days.

First girl that popped into my head was a little cracker from Tyrone... 5'1, petite, smart and an accent that alone would do it for me. Definately the best looking girl I was ever with. I always wondered how that ended and if there was any chance of one more weekend of madness. So stumbled on to her profile and...

FULL TIME MAMMY.

Only thing I saw on her page before I logged off and went to bed.

Cant remember if I mentioned this before but I have some sort of ability to think of a person I went to school with and guess correctly on whether they have children. My friends had fun naming people I havent heard of for years and yet being able to guess correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Lisha wrote: »
    Yes I checked too. All I can say is that in my north cork vernacular scrawled and scratched are interchangeable .
    Ye lot exchange 'let' and 'left' so I'm not taking any English advice from you! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

"Pj day wit my lil woman she cnt wait 4 da big man 2 cum tonite xx"

That sounds. .. wrong

rawn wrote: »

That sounds. .. wrong

Feckin hell, think that's one for the authorities not this thread!

PJ the pervert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

rawn wrote: »

That sounds. .. wrong

LOL times a thousand.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I wish it could be Christmas everydaaay! Wouldn't mind waking up to this lot every morning! Happy Christmas everyone hope you have a lovely day ‪#‎spoilt‬
    [OTT Picture of Presents]
    Santy was good!!!!! Merry Christmas to you and yours! Eat,drink and merry folks wherever you are!
    Santa was here!

You get the point...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Why is the poll on this thread about being friends with your parents?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

In the scrawled/scratched debate - there is also another word - scraubed - which would have been used back in my day. Haven't heard it in ages.

In the scrawled/scratched debate - there is also another word - scraubed - which would have been used back in my day. Haven't heard it in ages.

My granny was telling me in the 40 in Dublin they said scrabed, but then again they used the wrong words for everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Scraubed/Skrawbed was a common word in the mideast(Kildare/Offaly border) up till a few years ago. Never heard of scrawled before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Why is the poll on this thread about being friends with your parents?
    This thread is a mish-mash of several threads merged back when the mods around here were a bunch of cunts.

Dark days. Dark days indeed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement