Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭AlwaysAnyTime

Don't be so obtuse

And its always "Nom nom. Wud luv dis. Me pleez. Hope I win" in the comments. Nom nom? Are you serious?

Nom :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Im writing from my heart as thats all i can do..i want the world to know how i feel about you You are my guardian angel in my life I firmly believe we met by faith and because we did I know we will be together forever In the last like month you have saved me from myself..been there when I have been at my worst..and no matter how bad i am you never give up on me Not many people are like that in this world. I am sooo happy and privileged that you are in my life and I cant imagine you not being there..its like my world would be incomplete...You understand me and nobody else does I trust you with my life and I will always be here for you. We share so much and its like we are two of a kind you make me happy and smile your smile is so beautiful and you are so beautiful It lights up my world to see you smile and so i smile too I keep you on my wrist and you know why I cant ever dream of not being with you I cant wait til August when i see you in person instead of hugging the computer I get to hold you in my arms and i know for a fact that i will never want to let you go You are the sunshine on my rainy days and you give me so much strength without you I am nothing So i want to thank you for coming into my life and being there for me Skype me later beautiful Love you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A girl to another girl on my Facebook Go way LoL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Im writing from my heart as thats all i can do..i want the world to know how i feel about you You are my guardian angel in my life I firmly believe we met by faith and because we did I know we will be together forever In the last like month you have saved me from myself..been there when I have been at my worst..and no matter how bad i am you never give up on me Not many people are like that in this world. I am sooo happy and privileged that you are in my life and I cant imagine you not being there..its like my world would be incomplete...You understand me and nobody else does I trust you with my life and I will always be here for you. We share so much and its like we are two of a kind you make me happy and smile your smile is so beautiful and you are so beautiful It lights up my world to see you smile and so i smile too I keep you on my wrist and you know why I cant ever dream of not being with you I cant wait til August when i see you in person instead of hugging the computer I get to hold you in my arms and i know for a fact that i will never want to let you go You are the sunshine on my rainy days and you give me so much strength without you I am nothing So i want to thank you for coming into my life and being there for me Skype me later beautiful Love you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A girl to another girl on my Facebook Go way LoL

God I'd be so uncomfortable if a female friend wrote all that ****e on my wall. We're always telling each other that we think the world of each other (in PMs or in person!) but that- wow.
    Unless are they actually a couple?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

ivytwine wrote: »
    God I'd be so uncomfortable if a female friend wrote all that ****e on my wall. We're always telling each other that we think the world of each other (in PMs or in person!) but that- wow.
    Unless are they actually a couple?

They are not a couple at all LoL.

I dont even think they have ever met in person LoL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Alf. A. Male

Don't be so obtuse

Did you forget to quote somebody or is that now just reposted randomly every few pages? Not sure I have your angle figured out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Did you forget to quote somebody or is that now just reposted randomly every few pages? Not sure I have your angle angel figured out?

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

mfceiling wrote: »
    I have a cousin who does the same with her husband.........please die you pair of bástards - you live in the same house and post within minutes of each other...what the fcuk are you playing at!!

hahahahaha sorry you just made my week with that comment .

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭AlwaysAnyTime

Did you forget to quote somebody or is that now just reposted randomly every few pages? Not sure I have your angle figured out?

Oh come on, stop being so obtuse..

Oh come on, stop being so obtuse..

I thought it was acute thing to say.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 9 Oblong Gata

Now we're just going round in circles.....

Now we're just going round in circles.....

I knew you'd be oblong in a minute to say that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I knew you'd be oblong in a minute to say that.

Has that been your hypotenuse all along?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

A friend of mine asked for unusual name ideas for her imminent newborn. Obviously, insisting that it MUST be a name someone has suggested on FB is strange. I find the ones along the lines of ''ten ways to confuse people'' with a list of madap things to do for a laugh, quite good. People who constantly post about 'negativity' and 'drama' yet seem to generate their fair share of it, annoy me. I knew someone who made a big show of being sweetness and light and when I removed her from my FB page, I found that there was no friction or petty arguments going on on my posts anymore. Another one is announcing you are going for a bath or to bed, every single time you are going to have a bath or go to bed.

And repeated posts about watching out for bikers, commemorating soldiers, awareness weeks, i think they are called memes..the little boxes with a photo or a drawing and a text caption on them..oh yeah.. if you love your son/daughter share this picture...anti muslim propaganda, videos of cats doing silly things and anything that is lazily shared and no effort or thought put into writing an actual post of your own. Reposted lists of Man rules and Women rules which are all cringe making stereotypes and most of all, I dislike crowdfunding and Kickstarters and being asked to share them far and wide to reah as many people (who dont know the person trying to fundraise for themself) as possible, especially if it's shared once a day or more, how pushy!. No problem with people posting a link to their fundraising page if they're doing a sponsored marathon for harity or something, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

And repeated posts about watching out for bikers, commemorating soldiers, awareness weeks, i think they are called memes..the little boxes with a photo or a drawing and a text caption on them..oh yeah.. if you love your son/daughter share this picture...anti muslim propaganda, videos of cats doing silly things and anything that is lazily shared and no effort or thought put into writing an actual post of your own. Reposted lists of Man rules and Women rules which are all cringe making stereotypes and most of all, I dislike crowdfunding and Kickstarters and being asked to share them far and wide to reah as many people (who dont know the person trying to fundraise for themself) as possible, especially if it's shared once a day or more, how pushy!. No problem with people posting a link to their fundraising page if they're doing a sponsored marathon for harity or something, though.

Settle down there, leave the cat videos out of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Axel Lamp wrote: »

I don't get the obsession with cats on the internet. All of them look like sociopathic arseholes that would chew your face off if you had the temerity to drop dead in their company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I hate the repeated posts giving a "heads up" about speed cameras or breathalysers on certain roads. I'm sorry but if you're thick enough to drink and drive you deserve to be caught

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭cynicalcough

"Nice sleepover in Mountjoy last nite.. ****in prison systems ****ed, they said i was a prison at large, an the see da govener dis morning an tells me it was a mistake.... Nice one yea, sound bloke!"

And some of the replies:

"False in prisionment so"

"over to a solicitor with tha"

"Go further bot dat.."

"I smell a claim (moneybags symbols)"

"Dnt let tat go take it further when ye got out u have went straight to solicitor so get movin big moneys there"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Some poor motorist got a 6 month ban for parking in a disabled space, same rules should apply if they park in our spaces! Equality and all that jazzz

...ehhh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I got defriended and called a self absorbed arrogant prick for leaving a group conversation the other day.

I mean I understand the self absorbed arrogant prick bit but defriending somebody just because they left a group conversation? One that I hadn't typed in?

One that was annoying the piss out of me due to constant notifications from EVERYONE that was forced into it?

Ok. Whatever love.

MrVestek wrote: »
    I got defriended and called a self absorbed arrogant prick for leaving a group conversation the other day.

I mean I understand the self absorbed arrogant prick bit but defriending somebody just because they left a group conversation? One that I hadn't typed in?

One that was annoying the piss out of me due to constant notifications from EVERYONE that was forced into it?

Ok. Whatever love.

Someone told me by FB email that a mutual friend was a ''cold'' person, because they left a group message. Those things can go on for ages with lots of inane replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

some good news and bad news
    the good news is i got 2 letters today :)
    i didnt get accepted into college and i have 3 penalty points/80 fine

• Administrators Posts: 14,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Someone told me by FB email that a mutual friend was a ''cold'' person, because they left a group message. Those things can go on for ages with lots of inane replies.

I'm afraid to "unfollow" this thread, now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

does the fire brigade website have a firewall

Yeah... god forbid we have our own lives that aren't actually focused around the other person at all or anything...

I'm afraid to "unfollow" this thread, now :(

DON'T YOU DARE YOU SELF ABSORBED PRICK... I'LL DEFRIEND YOU!

Axel Lamp wrote: »

cats are grand but I have seen a cat before.I dont need to be shown one every time I log in :)

The missing persons posts are awful as well. Often stories that are years old and the person was found safe & well ages ago.

These are by a friend of a friend who friended me! I tried to talk to her to see if I could help but she got quite snarky and agressive with me. This is the general carry on:

I wish you felt the way I did...that way you can feel my pain.

Make the shadows go away. . .

Dont ****ing sit there and ask to ****ing talk to me, then ignore me. That's not how that **** works

Dont ever tell me you love me, without meaning it in the best way possible.

I hate being put on the ****ing back burner.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 14,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

"Unfriend"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

Woman I know from America just got engaged. Her father posted this:

I have been waiting for this moment for over twenty years now. Not that I have always looked forward to it, because for most of those years I worked hard to protect my daughter from making this decision too young in her life. But I can truthfully say that I knew that this day would come and have been thinking about what I would say in terms of counsel and wishes for my little girl and her new husband.
    ****** has always had an attitude of compassion to those around her. All through her school years she was loved by all who knew her. She has always been concerned about other people and was especially aware of those less fortunate and perhaps not as popular. She always sought for the best in others and helped them to feel valued. Now that sense of compassion reaches its apex in her life thus far as it becomes focused on the one man with whom she has chosen to spend the rest of her life. Putting the same compassion, love and energy into her husband that she has put into her friends will result in a truly remarkable partnership and friendship now and always.

With time, that partnership will expand as ****** and **** welcome children into their family.***** will be an extraordinary mother and bring that trait of compassion and selflessness into the life of a child. Who would not want a mother as beautiful, talented and loving?

I love you, Baby. Your happiness is my happiness.

She replied:
    I love you too dad. Way to make me cry!!!

Father replied:
    Does the truth hurt?

Her reply:
    No papa. Tears of joy from being so loved by you! Better put on those walking shoes and start practicing your trek down the aisle by my side!

It made me cry too but not for the same reason as her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Does the truth hurt?

Oh dear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭893bet

I deactivated my account 6 months ago.

Every now and then I think I might activate it again but instead look at this thread and remember how stupid people are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭893bet

Woman I know from America just got engaged. Her father posted this:

I have been waiting for this moment for over twenty years now. Not that I have always looked forward to it, because for most of those years I worked hard to protect my daughter from making this decision too young in her life. But I can truthfully say that I knew that this day would come and have been thinking about what I would say in terms of counsel and wishes for my little girl and her new husband.
    ****** has always had an attitude of compassion to those around her. All through her school years she was loved by all who knew her. She has always been concerned about other people and was especially aware of those less fortunate and perhaps not as popular. She always sought for the best in others and helped them to feel valued. Now that sense of compassion reaches its apex in her life thus far as it becomes focused on the one man with whom she has chosen to spend the rest of her life. Putting the same compassion, love and energy into her husband that she has put into her friends will result in a truly remarkable partnership and friendship now and always.

With time, that partnership will expand as ****** and **** welcome children into their family.***** will be an extraordinary mother and bring that trait of compassion and selflessness into the life of a child. Who would not want a mother as beautiful, talented and loving?

I love you, Baby. Your happiness is my happiness.

She replied:
    I love you too dad. Way to make me cry!!!

Father replied:
    Does the truth hurt?

Her reply:
    No papa. Tears of joy from being so loved by you! Better put on those walking shoes and start practicing your trek down the aisle by my side!

It made me cry too but not for the same reason as her.

Reads like the script of home and away. I hate people.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

A friend of mine asked for unusual name ideas for her imminent newborn. Obviously, insisting that it MUST be a name someone has suggested on FB is strange. I find the ones along the lines of ''ten ways to confuse people'' with a list of madap things to do for a laugh, quite good. People who constantly post about 'negativity' and 'drama' yet seem to generate ttheir fair share of it, annoy me. I knew someone who made a big show of being sweetness and light and when I removed her from my FB page, I found that there was no friction or petty arguments going on on my posts anymore. Another one is announcing you are going for a bath or to bed, every single time you are going to have a bath or go to bed.

snapchat seems to have become the new outlet for that. I have a friend who sends a snap every morning giving out about how she had to get up, some stage during the day complaining about work, one in the evening of her son and finally one at night letting me know how many hours of sleep she's going to get. Every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Maybe it's just me but the above comes across as a bit creepy. By any chance did they do one of these ceremonies when she was younger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

sligojoek wrote: »
    So proud of or girl erin 2 nty she graduated 2 nty we r missin her dad in the photo buh he wud b proud of yu erin xxxx

Dad's in Mountjoy?

A friend of mine asked for unusual name ideas for her imminent newborn. Obviously, insisting that it MUST be a name someone has suggested on FB is strange. I find the ones along the lines of ''ten ways to confuse people'' with a list of madap things to do for a laugh, quite good. People who constantly post about 'negativity' and 'drama' yet seem to generate ttheir fair share of it, annoy me. I knew someone who made a big show of being sweetness and light and when I removed her from my FB page, I found that there was no friction or petty arguments going on on my posts anymore. Another one is announcing you are going for a bath or to bed, every single time you are going to have a bath or go to bed.

snapchat seems to have become the new outlet for that. I have a friend who sends a snap every morning giving out about how she had to get up, some stage during the day complaining about work, one in the evening of her son and finally one at night letting me know how many hours of sleep she's going to get. Every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Does she send them to everyone? I'm getting old because the whole snapchat thing has passed me by…

Does she send them to everyone? I'm getting old because the whole snapchat thing has passed me by…

As far as I can tell Yea!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

"When you think of kidnapped girls in Nigeria, little has changed since the 19th century."

Gob****e.

893bet wrote: »
    I hate people.

I despise them if I'm being honest!

We are a cúnt of a breed.

I don't know what it is for. Someone said here that they must be getting old because Snapchat passed them by but when I was 16, 18, 21 I wouldn't have known or cared about Snapchat then either, cause I didnt go in for silly pointless stuff like that. Im kind of amazed that Im on FB, but the only reason is when I signed up, people used to write relatively original stuff and it was a bit different somehow. I used to have a bit of craic apart from that one weirdo who announced she was going to have a bath every day. I have to wonder if she had an inferiority style complex because someone one implied she didnt smell nice or isnt clean, or something. I told her she must be wearing a hole in the bottom of the bath.

"When you think of kidnapped girls in Nigeria, little has changed since the 19th century."

Gob****e.

Ok what exactly's wrong about that statement? Is it too flippant? Boko Haram have 19th century ideals regarding the education of girls, so it kinda makes sense to me. What am I missing here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭burstbuckle

893bet wrote: »
    I deactivated my account 6 months ago.

Every now and then I think I might activate it again but instead look at this thread and remember how stupid people are.

I deactivated my account 5 months ago. I'm re activated it last week & am already seriously pissed off with it. I'm away now to deactivate it again. Life's much happier without Facebook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Ok what exactly's wrong about that statement? Is it too flippant? Boko Haram have 7th century ideals regarding the education of girls, so it kinda makes sense to me. What am I missing here?

FYP

Custardpi wrote: »
    FYP

That's helpful! What does FYP mean? Now maybe you would explain what the reposted status meant so I could see what was wrong about it? I don't understand what it meant or what was wrong about it, having followed the kidnaping story since before it broke on mainstream news.
    I don't understand the editing of my reply where I agreed they have 19th century ideals, to 7th century. I think we an all agree they are retrograde and primitive in their beliefs.
    I won't hold my breath for a sensible/ dignified response...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

LOL wrong forum. Nvm.

That's helpful! What does FYP mean? Now maybe you would explain what the reposted status meant so I could see what was wrong about it? I don't understand what it meant or what was wrong about it, having followed the kidnaping story since before it broke on mainstream news.

I won't hold my breath...

Take a deep breath....FYP means fixed your post and in this case the poster who used it is agreeing with you but adding 12 centuries to your estimate of Boko Haram's regression and repression.

Ok what exactly's wrong about that statement? Is it too flippant? Boko Haram have 19th century ideals regarding the education of girls, so it kinda makes sense to me. What am I missing here?

Of course it's too flippant.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement