Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

Take a deep breath....FYP means fixed your post and in this case the poster who used it is agreeing with you but adding 12 centuries to your estimate of Boko Haram's regression and repression.

Oh! I don't now what Fixed Your Post means but thanks anyway, haha! Sorry, other poster, my mistake :/

Of course it's too flippant.

but some people talk like that, maybe too... straight to the point, but that doesnt mean they havent thought much about it or don't care or that they're intentionally being facetious. I think some of the more long winded posts Ive read about various serious things are, sometimes, all padding and very little real genuine meaningful content in there apart from the frilly and flowery and carefully thought-out wording.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

but some people talk like that, maybe too... straight to the point, but that doesnt mean they havent thought much about it or don't care or that they're intentionally being facetious. I think some of the more long winded posts Ive read about various serious things are, sometimes, all padding and very little real genuine meaningful content in there apart from the frilly and flowery and carefully thought-out wording.

That was at the end of an incredibly long post full to the brim of unadulterated ****e. That was the bit I could pull without it being readily identifiable as per the instructions.

And it isn't sincere or accurate. It's an imbecile of a man trying to look intelligent who was attempting to draw comparisons between the famine era and what's going on in Nigeria.

It wasn't a specific, little has changed in Nigeria since the 19th century it was a generic talk about the famine and then when you think about kidnapped girls in Nigeria little has changed since the 19th century.

A ridiculous statement in any event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Oh! I don't now what Fixed Your Post means but thanks anyway, haha! Sorry, other poster, my mistake :/

No worries, I was just pointing out that describing the ideas of hardcore jihadists like BH as "19th Century" is both far too lenient & actually quite inaccurate since their aim is to return to their vision of how things were in the 7th Century beginnings of Islam.

Custardpi wrote: »
    No worries, I was just pointing out that describing the ideas of hardcore jihadists like BH as "19th Century" is both far too lenient & actually quite inaccurate since their aim is to return to their vision of how things were in the 7th Century beginnings of Islam.

Allah Akbar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

That was at the end of an incredibly long post full to the brim of unadulterated ****e. That was the bit I could pull without it being readily identifiable as per the instructions.

And it isn't sincere or accurate. It's an imbecile of a man trying to look intelligent who was attempting to draw comparisons between the famine era and what's going on in Nigeria.

It wasn't a specific, little has changed in Nigeria since the 19th century it was a generic talk about the famine and then when you think about kidnapped girls in Nigeria little has changed since the 19th century.

A ridiculous statement in any event.

Tbf, that completely changes the context of what he was saying. I'm sure it was all complete drivel but the single sentence in isolation would have meant something completely different to most people than what the person probably intended. I would have thought like others it was something to do with women's rights. I never would have known it was in relation to the famine.

Tbf, that completely changes the context of what he was saying. I'm sure it was all complete drivel but the single sentence in isolation would have meant something completely different to most people than what the person probably intended. I would have thought like others it was something to do with women's rights. I never would have known it was in relation to the famine.

Yeah. Point taken.

He was rabbiting on about reflection in a famine garden and then how when you consider Nigeria little has changed.

A good box wouldn't go amiss!:D

Yeah. Point taken.

He was rabbiting on about reflection in a famine garden and then how when you consider Nigeria little has changed.

A good box wouldn't go amiss!:D

Arra, there's nothing worse than some gombeen trying to get philosophical when he's looking out the window while having his sandwich at lunch and then putting it up on facebook to show the world how deep he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

Arra, there's nothing worse than some gombeen trying to get philosophical when he's looking out the window while having his sandwich at lunch and then putting it up on facebook to show the world how deep he is.

u ok hun, I mean, what is ok nyway?

/existenshal angle

• Advertisement

Muise... wrote: »
    u ok hun, I mean, what is ok nyway?

/existenshal angle

I'm just thinking of famine. Sigh… like Mariah Carey said, I'd love to be that skinny but without all the flies and death and stuff.

Oh, ok. Nigeria has changed a fair bit over the years. Sorry but I still can't understand what the FB person was trying to say on the strength of the expanded version of their posts. It's even more confusing now. I take it they were just generally talking rubbish though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I must be old too, I thought they just used snapchat to send nudey photos and then they disappear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

pc7 wrote: »
    I must be old too, I thought they just used snapchat to send nudey photos and then they disappear?

Thats how I view it. If you arent sending me pictures of boobs I have no interest in it. Screenshot is a helpful trick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Well, this thread kept me entertained today in work :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

The 2 girls i posted about yesterday are back with there latest post to each other

Just For You Love
    A True Friend
    We met upon the internet,
    My heart you have,
    I sit and wait each day for
    the song my heart soon play. Of laughters,love
    and tears, You washed away all my fears
    To be my friend and so deep, I know why,
    I dont get much sleep.
    I have waited through the years, to find
    something to hold so dear.
    Now i will never be blue
    For i have found a true friend in
    YOU xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

But they have never met each other !!!! LoL

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

The 2 girls i posted about yesterday are back with there latest post to each other

But they have never met each other !!!! LoL

I can imagine this pair ending up on Catfish! 'What do you mean my best internet female friend is a 7 foot inmate called bubba'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

pc7 wrote: »
    I can imagine this pair ending up on Catfish! 'What do you mean my best internet female friend is a 7 foot inmate called bubba'

Would not shock me at all. Like one of them had only set up there facebook about 3 months ago extramly odd for a 20 year old girl lol also she is a total babe as well :O.

Like these posts are at lest 3+ times a day to each other and they give on sending then stupid photos with the same stuff to each other in it !!!

Would not shock me at all. Like one of them had only set up there facebook about 3 months ago extramly odd for a 20 year old girl lol also she is a total babe as well :O.

Like these posts are at lest 3+ times a day to each other and they give on sending then stupid photos with the same stuff to each other in it !!!

Maybe its the same girl pretending to be both!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

gcjoP1s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭cynicalcough

Ok I've tried my best but I cannot understand what this is supposed to mean. Anyone care to hazard a guess

"me nd cato wer in maries one nit nd marie was in junes drink nd then jay nd tomo start knockin on the window ta let them in so i let them so few hours later marie cums in locked so tomo asked june cam we go er gaf sp we wer wlkin ta junes at the oldfolks next off all jay ran ta me nd grubs me hand nd said megan run its the garda we ran nd jumped in ta junes garden hidin bu e leaved tomo nd cato at old folks the garda cought them haha jay didnt say atn ta them e just got ne nd ran haha bu me nd jay we cudnt stop lafin hahaha x"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Ok I've tried my best but I cannot understand what this is supposed to mean. Anyone care to hazard a guess

"me nd cato wer in maries one nit nd marie was in junes drink nd then jay nd tomo start knockin on the window ta let them in so i let them so few hours later marie cums in locked so tomo asked june cam we go er gaf sp we wer wlkin ta junes at the oldfolks next off all jay ran ta me nd grubs me hand nd said megan run its the garda we ran nd jumped in ta junes garden hidin bu e leaved tomo nd cato at old folks the garda cought them haha jay didnt say atn ta them e just got ne nd ran haha bu me nd jay we cudnt stop lafin hahaha x"

"Myself and Catherine were entertaining guests in our friends June's domicile one delightful evening. Whilst walking along we were chased by several law enforcers and despite us getting away by hiding in a garden Catherine and Thomas got apprehended. Jason found this to be the height of hilarity and could barely breathe he was laughing so hard. Indeed he couldn't stop for some time. My gracious what a wonderful time youth is."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

I'll try....

"Me and Catherine, who I like to call Cato for short, were at Marie's one evening [possibly hair louse?] and Marie was at June's drinking [??]. Then Jay and Thomas, who for purposes of abbreviation I will call Tommo, started knocking on the window, asking us to let them in, so I let them in. A few hours passed and Marie came [orgasmed?] home extremely intoxicated, so Tommo asked June can we go to her house. As we walked to June's residence at the old age home [??], suddenly Jay grabs [maggots?] my hand [<3] and said: "Megan! Run! It's the Gardai!". We ran, and jumped into June's garden, hiding, but he [?] left Tommo and Cato at the retirement home. The gardai apprehended them. This is amusing to me. Jay did not say anything to them, he just ran away. This is also amusing to me. Jay and I could not stop laughing. I am laughing still. I am adding a kiss to the status to prove I am an adorable tearaway and not someone who belongs in the Dochas Centre. x."

EDIT: Damn you AnonoBoy ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Kathryn Thomas got arrested????

• Administrators Posts: 14,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

That's what I read anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Alf. A. Male

For crimes against television.
    Sorry, Facebook thread, I mean 4 cryms agenst telli xxx

• Site Banned Posts: 9 Oblong Gata

I heard it was for bein too gor-juss. Mwah xXx

I person I know is asking O2 what phone she should get and when they gave her a link she asked if it should be bill pay or pre pay. How the **** are they supposed to know?

I person I know is asking O2 what phone she should get and when they gave her a link she asked if it should be bill pay or pre pay. How the **** are they supposed to know?

- Hear mster - wha fone shud i get?

"Thank you for your valuable question. We think you should get this ridiculously expensive phone on an outrageously exploitative price plan."

- thx mster, hear hav mi munee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

A guy I went to school with who's Islamic shared this on Facebook, trying to rationalize deprivation of human rights :rolleyes:
    A British man came to Sheikh and asked: Why is it not permissible in Islam for women to shake hands with a man? The Sheikh said: Can you shake hands with Queen Elizabeth? British man said: Of course no, there are only certain people who can shake hands with Queen Elizabeth. Sheikh replied: Our women are queens and queens do not shake hands with strange men. Then the British man asked the Sheikh: Why do your girls cover up their body and hair? The Sheikh smiled and got two sweets, he opened the first one and kept the other one closed. He threw them both on the dusty floor and asked the British: If I ask you to take one of the sweets which one will you choose? The British replied: The covered one. The Sheikh said: That's how we treat and see our woman

A guy I went to school with who's Islamic shared this on Facebook, trying to rationalize deprivation of human rights :rolleyes:

Angry Buffy

Also, I'm open to correction, I think men shake hands with the queen and bow, women shake hands and curtsey....?

• Advertisement

ivytwine wrote: »
    Also, I'm open to correction, I think men shake hands with the queen and bow, women shake hands and curtsey....?

Except Ronan O'Gara.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Except Ronan O'Gara.

Aboy Ronan ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

This came across my news feed today...

29 years ago Liverpool fans murdered 39 football fans.4 years later they murdered 96 of there own.

What is really annoying is it has got some likes from people who I thought knew better, really gone down in my estimation. It's followed by clowns actually trying to say that hooliganism played a part in Hillsborough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

This came across my news feed today...

29 years ago Liverpool fans murdered 39 football fans.4 years later they murdered 96 of there own.

What is really annoying is it has got some likes from people who I thought knew better, really gone down in my estimation. It's followed by clowns actually trying to say that hooliganism played a part in Hillsborough

I saw something along the lines of "heysel, showing ukip how its done........ England out of Europe"

Not sure if it is meant to be a joke or serious

From the girl talking about getting married and sharing all the pictures of dresses and crap:
    i miss him so much it hurts. now he talks to me like he dont no me. when i been nice to him the whole time Talking about Marriage after 9 months is not normal.
    As you can probably guess, they broke up, again.

From the girl talking about getting married and sharing all the pictures of dresses and crap:
    i miss him so much it hurts. now he talks to me like he dont no me. when i been nice to him the whole time Talking about Marriage after 9 months is not normal.
    As you can probably guess, they broke up, again.

I just noticed my 45 year old, mother of 4, sister-in-law 'Works at Being Hyper'

Oh dear!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭burstbuckle

You're all full time mad bastards on here

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭AlwaysAnyTime

You're all full time mad bastards on here

Except for young Deco. Hes with de angles now xxxxx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Ah the saturday of a bank holiday and my news feed is full of "wherz me child binifit" "fukken bankz" "skummy kenny" all because the child benefit didnt go into their account early.

You would almost believe they were going to spend it on their children and not themselves !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

got this in my feed

Yay ...Tommorow is the official day that my new business venture begins ,Born upon passionate recognition of a need for good equine establishments ,as the horses , ponies and other animals of ireland are so in need after being involved in rescue horses i got to see how the rescue charities struggling too , So sad that due to Apparent progress and mans addiction to money and lack of access to the land and ignorance, this sacred species that was so relied upon has become abandoned upon the wayside, at a time when man could benefit from the therapeutic healing benefits to be had from taking care of and keeping horses and using them having time away from modern day stresses or saving deisel by working them . young adults and children can benefit greatly, building confidence and assertiveness, compassion and understanding , and a sense of freedom that doesnt have to be sought in less constructive ways and can lead to many careers it is so lovely to have to opportunity to turn things around for the rescues that remain here and see them with plenty food and bedding this year as they had a tough time last winter with the storms , and me with no finances but we pulled through i am so gratfeul for this special little troupe and the beautiful environment we share together at my home like a family along with charlotte and hazel the pigs , Ella and turbo the manic terriers and pixie the overly affectionate cat ,,, i also do healing for animals for my diesel costs and donation so come check out my website ,,dont be shy one to one confidence building sessions also available or just enjoy a cart ride to explore the views ... much love Namaste X

Fair play to him/her but I really hope they hire someone to do their press releases!

If you're going to try sell your business in 2 sentences, make them really really long sentences.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

"Gods sake have to get up drive all d way to cork to meet up wit d girlies have lunch ,then off to be pampered all day @ castlemartr hotel & spa resort then off to stay in the Gresham hotel to get ready for a night out in Cork &#55356;&#57207;&#55356;&#57209;. So Wish I was going to work and not off for 3 months"

Trying to make people jealous status' are just the worst.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

"Gods sake have to get up drive all d way to cork to meet up wit d girlies have lunch ,then off to be pampered all day @ castlemartr hotel & spa resort then off to stay in the Gresham hotel to get ready for a night out in Cork 🍷🍹. So Wish I was going to work and not off for 3 months"

• Advertisement

dory wrote: »
    "Gods sake have to get up drive all d way to cork to meet up wit d girlies have lunch ,then off to be pampered all day @ castlemartr hotel & spa resort then off to stay in the Gresham hotel to get ready for a night out in Cork 🍷🍹. So Wish I was going to work and not off for 3 months"

I'm guessing this is the same type of geebag that puts up statuses about how tough it is to be a teacher and people don't realise it when they have to correct a couple of exam papers around Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

How can a boyfriend convince me, that the moon is FAKE???? Damn you Scott. You f***g tool. You bear your last name, like an ignorant, piece of sh!t. I hope that the girl who does NOT take care of her cat sees this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,556 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

sligojoek wrote: »
    How can a boyfriend convince me, that the moon is FAKE???? Damn you Scott. You f***g tool. You bear your last name, like an ignorant, piece of sh!t. I hope that the girl who does NOT take care of her cat sees this.

:confused:

I can read the words - they're even spelt correctly, which is nice for a change - but I have NO idea what this is about.

Anyone help?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    :confused:

I can read the words - they're even spelt correctly, which is nice for a change - but I have NO idea what this is about.

Anyone help?

Translation:

''How can he cheat on me?! Damn you Scott. We were married you piece of $hit! I hope the flapper you cheated with that has an STD observes this.''

Oh, what a pity. I thought she was so dumb he actually convinced her the moon was fake.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement