Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

:rolleyes:
    A guy sends you a friend request. You don't know him, but he's got a cute profile picture, so you accept.

It's baby girl's first day at school! She looks so cute in her new outfit you just have to take a picture and put it on Facebook so all your friends and family can see. You're so excited dropping her off that you "check in" to her school on Facebook saying "I can't believe how big she's gotten. Time sure flies. One proud momma/daddy right here!"...

Meanwhile, the mystery guy whose friend request you hurriedly accepted earlier this morning is saving that picture you posted of your daughter in her cute new outfit to his phone and texting it to 60 other grown men across the world with the caption "Caucasian female. Age 5. Brown hair, green eyes. $2,500." Not only did you provide a picture of your little girl to a child trafficker, you've handed him the name and exact location of her school on a silver cyber platter. You go to pick her up at 3:00 this afternoon, but she's nowhere to be found. Little do you know, your precious baby girl was sold to a 43-year-old pedophile before you even stepped foot off campus this morning, and now she's on her way to South Africa with a bag over her head, confused, terrified and crying because a man she's never seen before picked her up from school, and now she doesn't know where her parents are, where she's going, or what's gonna happen to her.

STOP ADDING STRANGERS ON FACEBOOK

Share it with as many you know & avoid keeping your children in profile pics on ‪#‎Facebook‬, ‪#‎Whatsapp‬ etc.

via Facebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

BaZmO* wrote: »

That's the quote my cousin put up! Along with 'deleting every foreign person, can't be too careful'

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Its odd how you never hear of anyone being kidnapped after accepting a friend request on facebook.

Same people probably have all their pictures public anyway.

Then there's the fact it is statistically more likely that a family member will abuse her and yet she stays friends with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I'll bet that status was put up by someone who is sick of seeing pictures of other people's "precious baby girls" on FB!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

That 'I'll always love you' stuff is serious cringe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

Hello there.......
    Just a few words if that is okay.
    I am sure i am boring you at this stage.
    I have been talking to family members about the current situation regarding what is going on in the protest against water.
    I say the protest about water because so many of you are focused on this point.
    Well i suppose it is better than no focus at all.
    Now believe me the people i spoke to are very highly qualified in the legal profession all my family are i am the only one who is not involved.
    It is funny because a few years back i had a booming business and i was the hero of the hour but the great wheel turns and fortunes turn to misfortune.
    Some may say tough or you get what you deserve but i say most people wont understand the passion involved in a lifetimes work.
    Most people will never achieve the level of satisfaction such passion can bring.
    Anyway i do not want to drift too far from the point here.
    Let us say that the advice i get is free it would cost €250-€500 an hour if i was not the big brother.
    Irish water whether it was setup properly or improperly because it has been commissioned to do a task by the government will be protected by that government and all the tasks set out will be shepherded till the task is finished.
    The legislation needed is there anyway and like all government appointed tasks be they good or bad the government can and will bully its way through the courts etc confidently in the knowledge that they can evoke for the common good etc etc if need be.
    I would imagine you will get a bill soon regardless of a meter installation and regardless of a contract.
    The normal rules of business do not apply here because the government says so.
    As for the gardai.
    Are you really this disillusioned?
    No amount of jibes and protests will turn them.
    The are the strong arm of the law put there to keep you peasants in your place.
    To maintain the status quo.
    The public will be protected when it suits but they protect the government and the governments interests first and foremost.
    And as the violence or protest escalate the level of policing will arise accordingly.
    This is the reality we face.
    This is what keeps us hemmed in ,corralled like sheep by the farmer.
    The greater good is a carte blanche with which the government can unfurl the skull and cross bones and hoist its flag of intentions.
    What would any cornered beast do?
    I know many people will not like or agree to what i am saying.
    I don’t like what i am saying for gods sake!
    So on the basis that the government is correct and we are at fault we have a big problem.
    And the cards are stacked in their favour.
    What cards you may ask.........well remember the famous tale about the origins of the Hellfire Club in the Dublin mountains?
    This story still haunts me to this day.

Richard Parsons, the first Earl of Rosse, established the Hell-Fire Club in Dublin in 1735.
    The president of the Hell Fire Club was named 'The King of Hell' and was dressed like Satan, with horns, wings and cloven hoofs.
    One custom was that of leaving the vice-chair unoccupied for the devil in whose honour the first toast was always drunk.
    The Clubs became associated with excessive drinking.
    Scaltheen, a drink made from whiskey and butter was served in abundance during meetings of the Hell Fire Club.
    Malachi Horan, in the book, Malachi Horan Remembers, says how they always had scaltheen ready at the Jobstown Inn.
    Current urban lore tells us that it was, and still is, a site commonly used for the practice of Satanism and other occult activities, and that the Devil himself made brief appearances at some unspecified times in the past.
    One story tells us a mysterious stranger seeks shelter on a stormy night, and a card game ensues.
    A member of the household drops a card, and sees that below the table, the otherwise affable and charming visitor has a cloven hoof.
    His or her screams made the Devil 'aware of her discovery, and he at once vanished in a thunder-clap leaving a brimstone smell behind him'.
    There are may versions of events but the reality is this.
    If you play poker with the government make sure you check under the table first....even if you are too frightened to do so.......check for the cloven foot before the cards are dealt out and the game begins therein lies the contract.
    We should have stood up against them when they robbed us of our oil.
    Instead they lied to us.
    And it was a lie.
    And no one can lie to me now to change that lie into a truth.
    No matter how expensive the cost if there is oil it will be extracted.
    Answer me this Mr Government man.
    How come Norway taxes a minimum of 78% on the extraction of their oil?
    How can that not be the most expensive part of a project regardless of the ramifications.
    Add up what you like Norway is looking out for the people.
    We just swallowed the garbage.
    I even watched the debate on the governments exclusive news channel RTE.
    I felt ill afterwards.
    And now that mistake is compounded by the fact that the reserves are even bigger.......wtf?
    And when was Board Gais sold? that was kept low key..........and Eircom don't get me started.
    This is happening all around us people.
    It is happening now.
    It is happening outside your door right now.
    The subterfuge ,the deceit,we will never be whole again.
    And because i say this i will be branded an enemy of the state.
    I will be branded a traitor by many of my own because most people do not care one jot for justice.
    Justice is a chameleon.
    Justice is shambolic for if we have to rely on it we are already doomed.
    Justice is there to serve the euro.
    And this will not change.
    It breaks my heart to say it because i am a fighting man to the death.
    People closest to me would know this.
    We are up against the devil.
    Make no mistake.
    How can five million people be gelded with so much ease?
    Why do we shame those who protest in our stead?
    Why do we exterminate the passion in others to compensate for the rot that festers in our hearts?
    Someone once said to me and i will never forget this........
    ‘If you want to roast an Irishman make sure you get another Irishman to turn the spit.’
    Do you take the full meaning to heart and mind.
    The full meaning of this hits home hardest today.
    For I am sickened by the feelings i feel right now.
    The glaring truth has come too late.
    Our older people will die with less dignity than they were born with.
    Why?
    I will let you answer that.
    Our sick and vulnerable will pave the path to our own graves.
    Our homeless will be ignored by simply turning a blind eye.
    Great men will be hunted for the pleasing of the mob.
    And all the while our life blood will be spilled.
    And their justice will look unkindly upon our deeds.
    There is no justice for you and me.
    There is no justice in our constitution because they have raped over the last 25 years.
    You have no rights.
    I apologize.
    I made an error of course you have rights.
    You have the right to shut up.
    You have the right to be taxed till you breathe your last.
    You have the right to be robbed.
    You have the right to be abused by the catholic church.
    You have the right to let the financial institutions of this country pick at your carcass.
    You have the right to have cancer.
    You have the right to be mentally ill.
    You have the right to work your fingers to the bone.
    You have the right to be addicted to what ever we choose to peddle to you.
    You have the right to be mass medicated by drinking the poison we have piped into your homes.
    And now you have earned the right to pay for this time and time again.
    If there was a god up there in the sky i think we can safely say we are in need of him or her right now.
    I am not writing this because i am just an angry confused coward.
    I am writing this because i am the new face of Ireland.
    I am a practical man that heeds sound practical advice.
    I have the advice of my loved ones to back me up and believe me you will not meet a closer family.
    Each one of us would sacrifice everything for one another without a second thought.
    So when the legalities are spelled out i listen.
    There is only one solution.
    One!
    There are 5 million of us.
    We have to make a stand.
    We the public, you and i have created this monster.
    It is no one else’s fault.
    This is the hardest bit.
    We put them in power.
    We fuel the madness.
    We are the cloven foot.
    For the government is each and every one of us.
    It is not in the Dail.
    It is in our homes and our hearts and this is where we make our stand.
    Legislation does not matter because we the people can change that.
    Our pens are as mighty as their swords are.
    Our wills are indomitable.
    Our voices the sweetest.
    Left,right our politics does not fill our bellies.
    Black,white our blood still stains the ground upon which we tread.
    It is time.
    Happy,unhappy,young,old,sick,healthy,bewildered,disillusioned it is time for us to make the hardest choice we will ever have to make.
    It is a time for selflessness.
    For sacrifice.
    To regain our pride.
    Ireland is not and will never be a part of Germany.
    We will not sell our soul.
    We are not afraid of what you hide under the table.
    We will use the pen we will bring you down.
    We will use the love we hold in our hears for all that is dearest to us.
    We will use our voices to persuade you.
    We will use the system to break you.
    If you strike us the world will see your true colours.
    If you beggar us you will feed us.
    If you jail us we will break free.
    If you enslave us you will fear us.
    My Message is this.
    We need to unite home by home.
    Village by village.
    Town by town.
    City by city.
    County by county.
    Provence by province till as a country we stand as one.
    And as long as we together Ireland will be whole again.T
    Together we can take on the world.
    Thank you for your time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭Minera

^ yeah way too long to read........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Minera wrote: »
    ^ yeah way too long to read........

That's what all the cloven hoofed devil sheeple say…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Please nobody quote that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Simona1986 wrote: »
    SH!TE
    What is this?

Lyrics for a song?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

Hello there.......
    Just a few words if that is okay.
    I am sure i am boring you at this stage.
    I have been talking to family members about the current situation regarding what is going on in the protest against water.
    I say the protest about water because so many of you are focused on this point.
    Well i suppose it is better than no focus at all.
    Now believe me the people i spoke to are very highly qualified in the legal profession all my family are i am the only one who is not involved.
    It is funny because a few years back i had a booming business and i was the hero of the hour but the great wheel turns and fortunes turn to misfortune.
    Some may say tough or you get what you deserve but i say most people wont understand the passion involved in a lifetimes work.
    Most people will never achieve the level of satisfaction such passion can bring.
    Anyway i do not want to drift too far from the point here.
    Let us say that the advice i get is free it would cost €250-€500 an hour if i was not the big brother.
    Irish water whether it was setup properly or improperly because it has been commissioned to do a task by the government will be protected by that government and all the tasks set out will be shepherded till the task is finished.
    The legislation needed is there anyway and like all government appointed tasks be they good or bad the government can and will bully its way through the courts etc confidently in the knowledge that they can evoke for the common good etc etc if need be.
    I would imagine you will get a bill soon regardless of a meter installation and regardless of a contract.
    The normal rules of business do not apply here because the government says so.
    As for the gardai.
    Are you really this disillusioned?
    No amount of jibes and protests will turn them.
    The are the strong arm of the law put there to keep you peasants in your place.
    To maintain the status quo.
    The public will be protected when it suits but they protect the government and the governments interests first and foremost.
    And as the violence or protest escalate the level of policing will arise accordingly.
    This is the reality we face.
    This is what keeps us hemmed in ,corralled like sheep by the farmer.
    The greater good is a carte blanche with which the government can unfurl the skull and cross bones and hoist its flag of intentions.
    What would any cornered beast do?
    I know many people will not like or agree to what i am saying.
    I don’t like what i am saying for gods sake!
    So on the basis that the government is correct and we are at fault we have a big problem.
    And the cards are stacked in their favour.
    What cards you may ask.........well remember the famous tale about the origins of the Hellfire Club in the Dublin mountains?
    This story still haunts me to this day.

Richard Parsons, the first Earl of Rosse, established the Hell-Fire Club in Dublin in 1735.
    The president of the Hell Fire Club was named 'The King of Hell' and was dressed like Satan, with horns, wings and cloven hoofs.
    One custom was that of leaving the vice-chair unoccupied for the devil in whose honour the first toast was always drunk.
    The Clubs became associated with excessive drinking.
    Scaltheen, a drink made from whiskey and butter was served in abundance during meetings of the Hell Fire Club.
    Malachi Horan, in the book, Malachi Horan Remembers, says how they always had scaltheen ready at the Jobstown Inn.
    Current urban lore tells us that it was, and still is, a site commonly used for the practice of Satanism and other occult activities, and that the Devil himself made brief appearances at some unspecified times in the past.
    One story tells us a mysterious stranger seeks shelter on a stormy night, and a card game ensues.
    A member of the household drops a card, and sees that below the table, the otherwise affable and charming visitor has a cloven hoof.
    His or her screams made the Devil 'aware of her discovery, and he at once vanished in a thunder-clap leaving a brimstone smell behind him'.
    There are may versions of events but the reality is this.
    If you play poker with the government make sure you check under the table first....even if you are too frightened to do so.......check for the cloven foot before the cards are dealt out and the game begins therein lies the contract.
    We should have stood up against them when they robbed us of our oil.
    Instead they lied to us.
    And it was a lie.
    And no one can lie to me now to change that lie into a truth.
    No matter how expensive the cost if there is oil it will be extracted.
    Answer me this Mr Government man.
    How come Norway taxes a minimum of 78% on the extraction of their oil?
    How can that not be the most expensive part of a project regardless of the ramifications.
    Add up what you like Norway is looking out for the people.
    We just swallowed the garbage.
    I even watched the debate on the governments exclusive news channel RTE.
    I felt ill afterwards.
    And now that mistake is compounded by the fact that the reserves are even bigger.......wtf?
    And when was Board Gais sold? that was kept low key..........and Eircom don't get me started.
    This is happening all around us people.
    It is happening now.
    It is happening outside your door right now.
    The subterfuge ,the deceit,we will never be whole again.
    And because i say this i will be branded an enemy of the state.
    I will be branded a traitor by many of my own because most people do not care one jot for justice.
    Justice is a chameleon.
    Justice is shambolic for if we have to rely on it we are already doomed.
    Justice is there to serve the euro.
    And this will not change.
    It breaks my heart to say it because i am a fighting man to the death.
    People closest to me would know this.
    We are up against the devil.
    Make no mistake.
    How can five million people be gelded with so much ease?
    Why do we shame those who protest in our stead?
    Why do we exterminate the passion in others to compensate for the rot that festers in our hearts?
    Someone once said to me and i will never forget this........
    ‘If you want to roast an Irishman make sure you get another Irishman to turn the spit.’
    Do you take the full meaning to heart and mind.
    The full meaning of this hits home hardest today.
    For I am sickened by the feelings i feel right now.
    The glaring truth has come too late.
    Our older people will die with less dignity than they were born with.
    Why?
    I will let you answer that.
    Our sick and vulnerable will pave the path to our own graves.
    Our homeless will be ignored by simply turning a blind eye.
    Great men will be hunted for the pleasing of the mob.
    And all the while our life blood will be spilled.
    And their justice will look unkindly upon our deeds.
    There is no justice for you and me.
    There is no justice in our constitution because they have raped over the last 25 years.
    You have no rights.
    I apologize.
    I made an error of course you have rights.
    You have the right to shut up.
    You have the right to be taxed till you breathe your last.
    You have the right to be robbed.
    You have the right to be abused by the catholic church.
    You have the right to let the financial institutions of this country pick at your carcass.
    You have the right to have cancer.
    You have the right to be mentally ill.
    You have the right to work your fingers to the bone.
    You have the right to be addicted to what ever we choose to peddle to you.
    You have the right to be mass medicated by drinking the poison we have piped into your homes.
    And now you have earned the right to pay for this time and time again.
    If there was a god up there in the sky i think we can safely say we are in need of him or her right now.
    I am not writing this because i am just an angry confused coward.
    I am writing this because i am the new face of Ireland.
    I am a practical man that heeds sound practical advice.
    I have the advice of my loved ones to back me up and believe me you will not meet a closer family.
    Each one of us would sacrifice everything for one another without a second thought.
    So when the legalities are spelled out i listen.
    There is only one solution.
    One!
    There are 5 million of us.
    We have to make a stand.
    We the public, you and i have created this monster.
    It is no one else’s fault.
    This is the hardest bit.
    We put them in power.
    We fuel the madness.
    We are the cloven foot.
    For the government is each and every one of us.
    It is not in the Dail.
    It is in our homes and our hearts and this is where we make our stand.
    Legislation does not matter because we the people can change that.
    Our pens are as mighty as their swords are.
    Our wills are indomitable.
    Our voices the sweetest.
    Left,right our politics does not fill our bellies.
    Black,white our blood still stains the ground upon which we tread.
    It is time.
    Happy,unhappy,young,old,sick,healthy,bewildered,disillusioned it is time for us to make the hardest choice we will ever have to make.
    It is a time for selflessness.
    For sacrifice.
    To regain our pride.
    Ireland is not and will never be a part of Germany.
    We will not sell our soul.
    We are not afraid of what you hide under the table.
    We will use the pen we will bring you down.
    We will use the love we hold in our hears for all that is dearest to us.
    We will use our voices to persuade you.
    We will use the system to break you.
    If you strike us the world will see your true colours.
    If you beggar us you will feed us.
    If you jail us we will break free.
    If you enslave us you will fear us.
    My Message is this.
    We need to unite home by home.
    Village by village.
    Town by town.
    City by city.
    County by county.
    Provence by province till as a country we stand as one.
    And as long as we together Ireland will be whole again.T
    Together we can take on the world.
    Thank you for your time

Just a few words..lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Jesus what is with girls who are pregnant telling everyone about every fcuking moment of their pregnancy?!

"Guna get me 1st scan 2day, cnt wait 2c if its a boy r girl"

Three hours later:

"De midwife sed little bean is an activ little ****e lol and anyway its a boy i am so ecxited now i can boot it down ta heatons and stock up on blue stuff no way am i goin to mothercare its way 2 dear"

That evening:

"went 2 heatons got loads luvly stuff jaysus im wreked and i cant even hav a blue wkd to cool down"

This morning:

"Had a great sleep wit the little bean all tucked up in me womb now for a day in town and munchies in kfc gota luv a family bucket wha"

Lord help us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

"This is our pet jinky who was stolen from our back garden wed da 17 sept in Tippeary Town his nurtured and chipped and his groomed at d min his 7 years old and al we want is to hav him bk with us his a family pet who's sadly missed if spotted please ring me on ********** thanks"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

fussyonion wrote: »
    family bucket wha

I'm in stitches :pac:
    There's no need for the wha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

fussyonion wrote: »
    i cant even hav a blue wkd to cool down"

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Applause

I found facebook very entertaining this afternoon.

http://puu.sh/c6M3Y/fbd155fa89.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pedro1234

Picture of two cupcakes on a plate with the following:
    "thanks 4 de bunz maura xxxx"

The mentality of it. Oh cheers for the gift, I'll just take a picture and put that on Facebook and thank you there, hopefully I'll get a few likes out of it.

The mentality of it. Oh cheers for the gift, I'll just take a picture and put that on Facebook and thank you there, hopefully I'll get a few likes out of it.

pedro1234 wrote: »

I don't see the problem with that, sure isn't that the point of Facebook? And what's the difference in you posting a snidey comment about it on here hoping for a few likes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Please nobody quote that.

Quote what??

I'm up for a bit of devilment tonight :D

I don't see the problem with that, sure isn't that the point of Facebook? And what's the difference in you posting a snidey comment about it on here hoping for a few likes?

1. There's nothing 'snidey' about my post. Have you bothered to read the rest of this thread?
    2. The difference is I'm not posting anything for likes. I'm posting about retards on Facebook which is what this thread is for. If I cared about 'likes' I would either: be on Facebook or Reddit.
    3. Who gave you a direct link to my thoughts? Whatever device you're using is malfunctioning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

2. The difference is I'm not posting anything for likes. I'm posting about retards on Facebook which is what this thread is for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

RainyDay wrote: »

Hahaha. Go away. N-Word, R-Word, F-Bomb.

I completely against banning words. By saying R-Word you're forcing the people listening to you to say retard in their head. That's a mean thing to do.

I don't refer to people with mental or physical disabilities as retards, so I have no problem calling someone who I think is an idiot a retard. It's the same, to me, as calling someone slow. The origin of the word (re is back and tardus is slow) contains it's true meaning. Retarded means very foolish, slow, or stupid. If you wish to retard something, you wish to stop it or slow down it's growth.

When some bigot starts using a word to belittle a group of people, I refuse to let the bigot own that word. It was our word before they started using it. Feck them!

Read this: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/fighting_words/2006/12/eschew_the_taboo.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

A couple I know are constantly posting photos of their kids. The last posting was at 1am this morning, a photo of him cuddling both kids, captioned " Sure what else would you be doing at 1am in the morning?". Hopefully, my little one would be fast asleep. If she wasn't, I sure as hell wouldn't be posing for photos, and putting them up on Facebook. The wife is worse, taking photos at that time of the morning. It's all a show, look what brilliant parents we are. It's like they are a reality show at this stage, video clips and all! I love my kids, and that is precisely why I don't constantly put up photos.

• Advertisement

Hahaha. Go away. N-Word, R-Word, F-Bomb.

I completely against banning words. By saying R-Word you're forcing the people listening to you to say retard in their head. That's a mean thing to do.

I don't refer to people with mental or physical disabilities as retards, so I have no problem calling someone who I think is an idiot a retard. It's the same, to me, as calling someone slow. The origin of the word (re is back and tardus is slow) contains it's true meaning. Retarded means very foolish, slow, or stupid. If you wish to retard something, you wish to stop it or slow down it's growth.

When some bigot starts using a word to belittle a group of people, I refuse to let the bigot own that word. It was our word before they started using it. Feck them!

Read this: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/fighting_words/2006/12/eschew_the_taboo.html

So just curious - how often do you use N-I-G-G-E-R, P-A-K-I or F-A-G-G-O-T in polite conversation with workmates or family?

Lads would you please stop. This is a great thread don't be ruining it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Lads would you please stop. This is a great thread don't be ruining it!

2 true hun, 2 true.

Tanx xXX

RainyDay wrote: »
    So just curious - how often do you use N-I-G-G-E-R, P-A-K-I or F-A-G-G-O-T in polite conversation with workmates or family?

Rarely. If i'm speaking about Nigger Jim from Tom Sawyer, then I'll say Nigger Jim. I'm sure the last time I used that particular word was to say "Did you know they say nigger over one hundred times in 12 Years a Slave?". The article I linked talks about using niggardly, a common word to describe someone who is tight with their money, and how there's a stigma around using this word because it sounds like nigger. This is ridiculous.

Faggot is a derogatory term for homosexuals. I'm not prejudice against homosexuals so I wouldn't call a homosexual a faggot, but I have no problems using the word appropriately as I am doing so now. The same goes for Paki.

Fagot on the other hand, is a bundle of sticks. I'm surprised you made that blunder. Two g's is a derogatory term, one g is the innocent bundle of sticks which is rarely used nowadays.

I think you've missed the crux of my point of view here. Did you even bother to read the article? The last sentence is key:
    Hatred will always find a way, and will certainly always be able to outpace linguistic correctness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Mod

Can we please get back on topic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Hello there.......
    Just a few words if that is okay...
    Thank you for your time

I know who this is! I'm half afraid to visit his business in case I end up hearing a 30 minute rant about the water charges.

LizT wrote: »
    Mod

Can we please get back on topic?

User
    Yes.

"there dose me some mad yokes on that jeremy kyle lol I would love to go on it just to get a lot of people caught out on all there lies and bull ****.."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

As a non fbibook user, why do people stay "friends" with these people?

This, I do not understand. Don't want to hurt their feelings?

I think people just like to moan. You can still remain friends with someone (no need for hurt feelings) but block their posts from showing up in your newsfeed. That's what I do when someone constantly posts rubbish.

Some fella I went to school with tried to punch me one night when we were out. He walked up to me and went mental because I deleted him on Facebook.

People taking it very seriously.

I deleted Facebook but I created another account because I live 4,000 miles from my family and they wanted to share photos. I tried to get them to use email, instagram, flickr, but it was a lost cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Teacher23

Firstly fbibook is a great name!

I stay "friends" with these people because some strange part of me enjoys being irritated - and I also enjoy reading the petty dramas people live to play out online. I am saying this sitting in on a Saturday night reading other peoples annoying facebook statuses - take from that what you will ;) I'm sure it says a lot about me haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Teacher23

Firstly fbibook is a great name!

I stay "friends" with these people because some strange part of me enjoys being irritated - and I also enjoy reading the petty dramas people love to play out online. I am saying this sitting in on a Saturday night reading other peoples annoying facebook statuses - take from that what you will ;) I'm sure it says a lot about me haha :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Mahogany

"Is Wales a part o England or waaa"

I **** you not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Mahogany wrote: »
    "Is Wales a part o England or waaa"

I **** you not.

Breatain Bheag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭El Diablo Blanco

"WHAT SICK BASTARDS GET A THRILL OUT OF STEALING DOGS AND KILLING THEM TO MAJE FOOD IM SORRY BUT DOGS ARE FAMILY PETS THEY ARE MEANT TO BE LOOKED AFTER NOT COOKED AND PUT IN A FCKIN STEW OR WHATEVER. BUT LET ME TELL YOU ALL SOMETHING IF U EVER TRY AND STEAL MY DOGS I WILL CATCH YOU BEFORE YOU LEAVE MY HOUSE AND KICK UR SKULL IN TILL UR DEAD AND MAKE YOU INTO FOOD. CAPUCHE!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

"WHAT SICK BASTARDS GET A THRILL OUT OF STEALING DOGS AND KILLING THEM TO MAJE FOOD IM SORRY BUT DOGS ARE FAMILY PETS THEY ARE MEANT TO BE LOOKED AFTER NOT COOKED AND PUT IN A FCKIN STEW OR WHATEVER. BUT LET ME TELL YOU ALL SOMETHING IF U EVER TRY AND STEAL MY DOGS I WILL CATCH YOU BEFORE YOU LEAVE MY HOUSE AND KICK UR SKULL IN TILL UR DEAD AND MAKE YOU INTO FOOD. CAPUCHE!!"

Capuche. Thanks for warning. I steal your neighbour's dog instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I stay friends with them because, honestly, they are not that bad in real life. Facebook turns people into awful eejits, if you didn't know these friends personally, you would surely delete them! Also, as another poster said, it's weirdly entertaining to be irritated by it. Something to give out about!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Capuche??? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Apparently everyone has 'haters' these days and they are to be ****ed.

Rarely. If i'm speaking about Nigger Jim from Tom Sawyer, then I'll say Nigger Jim. I'm sure the last time I used that particular word was to say "Did you know they say nigger over one hundred times in 12 Years a Slave?". The article I linked talks about using niggardly, a common word to describe someone who is tight with their money, and how there's a stigma around using this word because it sounds like nigger. This is ridiculous.

Faggot is a derogatory term for homosexuals. I'm not prejudice against homosexuals so I wouldn't call a homosexual a faggot, but I have no problems using the word appropriately as I am doing so now. The same goes for Paki.

Fagot on the other hand, is a bundle of sticks. I'm surprised you made that blunder. Two g's is a derogatory term, one g is the innocent bundle of sticks which is rarely used nowadays.

I think you've missed the crux of my point of view here. Did you even bother to read the article? The last sentence is key:

Interesting to note how each of the examples above differ substantially from the way in which you used 'retard' as a derogatory term. Big man eh?

I've seen the mod warning, so I'll leave you with this message from that bastion of political correctness, Johnny Knoxville.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

"Here's one for the gangster's in Lenister house... ( Rescept ) this word is on the Extinction list... As I'm praying all you so called head's that are trying to drown your own Country shame on you all please god seeis your Extinction be for its to late... it rains 99% of the year lol and you're trying to put tax on water witch is not drinkable by the way... So it's only porpoises is to flush my **** down the toilet as what I'll be doing with your tax bills.. Ps show the people of Ireland Rescept "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Mars Bar wrote: »
    "Here's one for the gangster's in Lenister house... ( Rescept ) this word is on the Extinction list... As I'm praying all you so called head's that are trying to drown your own Country shame on you all please god seeis your Extinction be for its to late... it rains 99% of the year lol and you're trying to put tax on water witch is not drinkable by the way... So it's only porpoises is to flush my **** down the toilet as what I'll be doing with your tax bills.. Ps show the people of Ireland Rescept "
    It's always nice to see children take an interest in current affairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Rescept isn't even close. I mean.....not even close. You've got the first bit right but the second bit doesn't even sound similar.

Regards,
    Un Croitanss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭FactCheck

Mars Bar wrote: »

To be fair, if there were porpoises in my water I'd object to paying for it too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement