Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Wha .. Arnotts don't use the real Santa.

I'm gonna sue them for false advertising.

Surprised someone hasn't done this already in US, they love taking big corpos to court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

This status is from a girl who does hairdressing from her home.

"bahahaha vicki im sorry but ur hair an dem rank extensions an so called blonde dont suit ye .pmsl"

"bahahaha vicki im sorry but ur hair an dem rank extensions an so called blonde dont suit ye .pmsl"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

rawn wrote: »

Seems a pretty standard thing for a female under the age of 30 to say.

And by standard, i mean low....

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Applause

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

"Have just finished teaching for the day and was standing peeling spuds for the dinner n him in doors said Jasus there a breeze and a half blowing around the back of my neck and he says there is no windows or doors open what could that be and I just turned and smiled at him (he knows my thoughts on the spirit world) he says STOP that now or I may sprinkle myself in Holy Water !!!!!! Says I the Devil doesn't like Holy Water ha ha ha ha ha :):):):):):)"

Yes, that's correct, she's a teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I needed to re-read that several times just to understand it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Pack of snobs on this but it's good for a laugh. To be fair, most people are only messing on facebook and not writing a doctorate on linguistics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pedro1234

eternal wrote: »
    Pack of snobs on this but it's good for a laugh. To be fair, most people are only messing on facebook and not writing a doctorate on linguistics.

You'll find the majority are quite serious narcissists.

pedro1234 wrote: »
    You'll find the majority are quite serious narcissists.

Well I still follow this thread as people are astounding and most of them never cease to amaze me. Everyone is a narcissist to some degree.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

Well I still follow this thread as people are astounding and most of them never cease to amaze me. Everyone is a narcissist to some degree.

Mailed u hun <3 xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Awww hun, did someone post your status? xoxo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Awww hun, did someone post your status? xoxo
    U ok Hun? xxx ''feeling generous''

Notin only a pak of mouths n dis town hun let d haterz b ur motevaters xoxoxo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Everyone is a narcissist to some degree.

Quite true. But totally meaningless. It's like saying everyone is tall to some degree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

I relly shod think befor I tock - feeling ashamed
    Chats Bord Home Alone
    Feelin ugly ughhh

And I see more of the problems apart from being a morbidly obese stupid narcissistic bitch are:
    Works at: model (barbie)
    Studied at: i dont go to school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Squeedily Spooch

Tock?

Tock?

What a ****ing moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Spot the glass of "vino" strategically positioned in the picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Spot the glass of "vino" strategically positioned in the picture.

And the empty bottle beside it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Marilyn Monroe framed pic on the wall and everything!!!

"If yiz dont love me at me worst, yiz dont deserve me at me best hunzos xxx"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Tock?

Tock?

What a ****ing moron.

Maybe shes a clock and meant tick instead of think?

Although , funnily enough, think is the only word more than 1 letter long she spelled properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Girl 1: "O to the em to the G. I have such big news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    Girl 2: "I know hun cnt believe it"
    Girl 3: "Trilled 4 ya chick"
    Girl 4: "wat news is this?"
    Girl 5: "Mail ya."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

fussyonion wrote: »
    Girl 1: "O to the em to the G. I have such big news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    Girl 2: "I know hun cnt believe it"
    Girl 3: "Trilled 4 ya chick"
    Girl 4: "wat news is this?"
    Girl 5: "Mail ya."

Girl 4 should reply.

Delighted that .... & mention the news in that chat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pedro1234

Why do silly boys lie ?? then get caught rotten well your girlfriend isnt impressd with you all fellas like that should be put down snakes

Nib wrote: »
    Notin only a pak of mouths n dis town hun let d haterz b ur motevaters xoxoxo

Luv u xxxx

"C dis fb takn all me crd crackn up."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Ill have a go at deciphering this one:

"This Facebook application is using all my mobile phone credit as I was unaware of the of the data charges. I am seriously unhappy about this."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

If she's paying by the letter then she's grand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

Not friends with this person but this status has been shared way too many times by people I'm friends with
    B1A30E57-1978-4C09-B5EE-BE8CAC22C537_zpshrzghqy7.jpg
    I hate people...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

sparkle_23 wrote: »
    Not friends with this person but this status has been shared way too many times by people I'm friends with
    B1A30E57-1978-4C09-B5EE-BE8CAC22C537_zpshrzghqy7.jpg
    I hate people...

100 shares and he gets fired from his job tho xoxo

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8364458752/hEBC31298/

Shame ya can't post images on this forum. Effort of clicking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8364458752/hEBC31298/

Shame ya can't post images on this forum. Effort of clicking!

What an absolute knob of a person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Facebook just seemed to be details about commercial pages my friends liked

The first few months of our marriage haven't been the smoothest of sailing- but tonight is pretty damn hard. How do you give up something that you've had long before a new last name because the love of your life asks you to?

Responses:
    1.There are many people that find a lot of value in the idea of compromise, but when it comes to giving up elements of yourself to please or maintain a relationship I personally don’t feel that it is very healthy. The best, and often longest lasting relationships are those in which both parties can effortlessly be themselves without being faced by or fearing judgement, ridicule or a pressure to change. We all know when we are being fake, it’s therefore up to us to first see why we are being fake and then decide whether or not our true self belongs in this relationship.

2. Achieving harmony is always a challenge....but it is much easier if you, as a couple, sit quietly together, holding hands, and breathing and letting go of any expectations on the other and yourself - and just being at one. Andy and I have practiced this process - to reach consensus for years - and it has virtually eliminated all arguments. This has been practiced by native populations for millennia - and it works. The biggest problem with this method - is that life gets in the way - dinner needs fixing, you have to go to work, kids need care....etc etc...But truthfully - if you will take a few minutes when the situation comes up - and sit together - and bond....you will achieve a deeper harmony than you ever realized was possible. But truthfully - if it is smoking that is the issue - I vote for your husband! LOL Also - If you do have a major disagreement and the other partner doesn't want to participate in the harmony sitting - you can do it by yourself too - breathing and just being quiet....at least you find your own center...and can deal in kindness and strength.

The first few months of our marriage haven't been the smoothest of sailing- but tonight is pretty damn hard. How do you give up something that you've had long before a new last name because the love of your life asks you to?

Responses:
    1.There are many people that find a lot of value in the idea of compromise, but when it comes to giving up elements of yourself to please or maintain a relationship I personally don’t feel that it is very healthy. The best, and often longest lasting relationships are those in which both parties can effortlessly be themselves without being faced by or fearing judgement, ridicule or a pressure to change. We all know when we are being fake, it’s therefore up to us to first see why we are being fake and then decide whether or not our true self belongs in this relationship.

2. Achieving harmony is always a challenge....but it is much easier if you, as a couple, sit quietly together, holding hands, and breathing and letting go of any expectations on the other and yourself - and just being at one. Andy and I have practiced this process - to reach consensus for years - and it has virtually eliminated all arguments. This has been practiced by native populations for millennia - and it works. The biggest problem with this method - is that life gets in the way - dinner needs fixing, you have to go to work, kids need care....etc etc...But truthfully - if you will take a few minutes when the situation comes up - and sit together - and bond....you will achieve a deeper harmony than you ever realized was possible. But truthfully - if it is smoking that is the issue - I vote for your husband! LOL Also - If you do have a major disagreement and the other partner doesn't want to participate in the harmony sitting - you can do it by yourself too - breathing and just being quiet....at least you find your own center...and can deal in kindness and strength.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

What a ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Achieving harmony is always a challenge....but it is much easier if you, as a couple, sit quietly together, holding hands, and breathing and letting go of any expectations on the other and yourself - and just being at one. Andy and I have practiced this process - to reach consensus for years - and it has virtually eliminated all arguments. This has been practiced by native populations for millennia - and it works. The biggest problem with this method - is that life gets in the way - dinner needs fixing, you have to go to work, kids need care....etc etc...But truthfully - if you will take a few minutes when the situation comes up - and sit together - and bond....you will achieve a deeper harmony than you ever realized was possible. But truthfully - if it is smoking that is the issue - I vote for your husband! LOL Also - If you do have a major disagreement and the other partner doesn't want to participate in the harmony sitting - you can do it by yourself too - breathing and just being quiet....at least you find your own center...and can deal in kindness and strength.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

What's she actually being asked to give up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

What's she actually being asked to give up?
    I think she's saying that she's perfected sulking til her husband agrees with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Achieving harmony is always a challenge....but it is much easier if you, as a couple, sit quietly together, holding hands, and breathing and letting go of any expectations on the other and yourself - and just being at one. Andy and I have practiced this process - to reach consensus for years - and it has virtually eliminated all arguments. This has been practiced by native populations for millennia - and it works.

Strangely enough, I think that two people having a bit of cop on works wonders as well. Much better than a dose of hand holding and heavy breathing imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Fozzydog3

Responses:

Ahh native populations and all the earthy spiritual wisdom that comes with ... being from a place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Aren't all populations native? Sounds like a kind of a New Age Hippy to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I think she's saying that she's perfected sulking til her husband agrees with her.

Luv u xxxx
    My post was funny too and I only got one like :confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

You ok hun? x

Make that zero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Nib wrote: »
    Make that zero.

I felt sorry so I gave it a like. I may remove it in the future just to create an atmosphere of uncertainty.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement