Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Studies suggest, 9 out of 10 men prefer a woman with curves. The 10th man prefers the other 9 men.
    I don't know where to start...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

dee_mc wrote: »
    Studies suggest, 9 out of 10 men prefer a woman with curves. The 10th man prefers the other 9 men.

Skinny-shaming is all the rage on Facebook these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

What size is the poster?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Cormac... wrote: »
    What size is the poster?

A2.

:pac::pac::pac:

What size is the poster?

L/XL
    Like you needed to ask :D

• Advertisement

Grayson wrote: »
    A2.

:pac::pac::pac:

Had that coming :D
    L/XL
    Like you needed to ask :D

Is she curvy or straight up a massive whale?

Had that coming :D

Is she curvy or straight up a massive whale?

Ouch! I'm going to be diplomatic and say, somewhere in between.

Ouch! I'm going to be diplomatic and say, somewhere in between.

Single yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Single yeah?

I don't think anyone was thinking she was as big as two whales now!;)

Single yeah?

Nope she's married!

• Advertisement

Nope she's married!

Clearly unhappily or she wouldn't bother with comments like that. Why should she comment on peoples looks or what other people should find attractive. She's got an OH now so why does it matter.

Her husband didn't answer quickly enough when she asked "do you think i'm after putting on a bit of weight?", queue ambiguous Facebook post

Clearly unhappily or she wouldn't bother with comments like that. Why should she comment on peoples looks or what other people should find attractive. She's got an OH now so why does it matter.

Her husband didn't answer quickly enough when she asked "do you think i'm after putting on a bit of weight?", queue ambiguous Facebook post

Ah I don't know if I'd speculate on how happy someone's marriage is based on a silly Facebook post. At a guess, I'd say it has more to do with being unhappy with her weight and trying to be seen to be making a joke of it.

"have t ask who is dis Keith barry predicting all sorts is he some fortune teller dat tells the truth."

I don't think she understands what fortune telling is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

rawn wrote: »
    "have t ask who is dis Keith barry predicting all sorts is he some fortune teller dat tells the truth."

I don't think she understands what fortune telling is...

http://tinypic.com/r/t6tptz/8

Familiar/similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Skinny-shaming is all the rage on Facebook these days.

Yeah, it sucks when people try and make you feel shitty about how much you weigh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Nib wrote: »
    Make that zero.
    harsh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

" A junky scumbag walked across the road near Argos and deliberately bumped into a nice timid looking college girl,unknowns to her he put his hand in her pocket and snatched her purse. me and Jerry saw him do it so we made a scene and demanded it back,he denied it so we flattened him with a box and went through his pockets and got it back for the poor sweetgirl. some dirty c*nts around cork city.fellas like that should be DROWNED,I hate people like that who pray on others "

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

" A junky scumbag walked across the road near Argos and deliberately bumped into a nice timid looking college girl,unknowns to her he put his hand in her pocket and snatched her purse. me and Jerry saw him do it so we made a scene and demanded it back,he denied it so we flattened him with a box and went through his pockets and got it back for the poor sweetgirl. some dirty c*nts around cork city.fellas like that should be DROWNED,I hate people like that who pray on others "

fair play to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pedro1234

Gotta watch those people who pray.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

Ah I don't know if I'd speculate on how happy someone's marriage is based on a silly Facebook post. At a guess, I'd say it has more to do with being unhappy with her weight and trying to be seen to be making a joke of it.

Or, maybe she's just a bitch?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

"Sum people really need to get a life.. Certain people dat brag bout dem selfs so much look for attention on fb instagram all dat crap..I know im writen dis post but dats to make sure dem "haters" see it.. really der jus sad people dat need make up,boob jobs, kids, fellas, "bffs"to make demselfs feel good about der sad lifes... least i no me n my sisters n my friends yea my small group of friends! but least i no who my friends r all.. all u lot stab each otr in d bk every few wks.. We dont need no make up plasterd on our faces or to make sure wer out flauntn ourselfs we live in d real world work hard n r respectable people we gav grown up n thank god dont associate wit people like yee... an any lil dirt bag dat disagrees well u can pop a comment or pm which ever u want.. oh n girls who im friends wit make sure u screen shot dis n pass d message on.. much love"

This "lady" works at "full time mary popens lol". Jesus Christ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

made me LOL

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

It would seem the "junky scumbag" had the last laugh!
    Thers one fella in cork iv been looking for, Jerry you no who I'm on about, im going to beat the little scummy weasel within an inch of his life, and I told him id catch him, this little scumbaby robbed my phone. The likes of this fella should be found in the lee. iv been dreaming about finding him, I honestly can't wait because when I do im going to hurt him. The likes of him make me sick.a druggy junky woman beating scumbag with no regard for anyone but himself he'd sell his mother for a score. Oh God please let me catch him soon I beg you. Noone does that to me and gets away with it.
    :pac::pac:

"Me heart was broke the other day , my neice Katie Boo said , uncle alan do ya no the 2 goldfish ya have left , i said yes Boo Boo , why , She said they are the 2 goldfish that me and Calum own , because the other 2 that are dead belonged 2 Brianna and Cammron , thats right i said , so i said the way things are going with the water rates , it broke my heart that i could not tell my little neice , about her goldfish and her brother calums goldfish , so iv decided 2 get a bigger Tank rigged up 2 the fuckin water mettor outside me gaff . and get more goldfish for me Neices and Nephews lol ,"

What?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Please ask is the hunso ok xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

"Sum people really need to get a life.. Certain people dat brag bout dem selfs so much look for attention on fb instagram all dat crap..I know im writen dis post but dats to make sure dem "haters" see it.. really der jus sad people dat need make up,boob jobs, kids, fellas, "bffs"to make demselfs feel good about der sad lifes... least i no me n my sisters n my friends yea my small group of friends! but least i no who my friends r all.. all u lot stab each otr in d bk every few wks.. We dont need no make up plasterd on our faces or to make sure wer out flauntn ourselfs we live in d real world work hard n r respectable people we gav grown up n thank god dont associate wit people like yee... an any lil dirt bag dat disagrees well u can pop a comment or pm which ever u want.. oh n girls who im friends wit make sure u screen shot dis n pass d message on.. much love"

This "lady" works at "full time mary popens lol". Jesus Christ.

It sounds like a Lorde song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

"Me heart was broke the other day , my neice Katie Boo said , uncle alan do ya no the 2 goldfish ya have left , i said yes Boo Boo , why , She said they are the 2 goldfish that me and Calum own , because the other 2 that are dead belonged 2 Brianna and Cammron , thats right i said , so i said the way things are going with the water rates , it broke my heart that i could not tell my little neice , about her goldfish and her brother calums goldfish , so iv decided 2 get a bigger Tank rigged up 2 the fuckin water mettor outside me gaff . and get more goldfish for me Neices and Nephews lol ,"

What?

Classic 'hope ur ok hun' names, one of which is not spelled correctly. Ok that does it. Stop the planet, I want to get off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Aubrey loves Joe

Weetabix for baby, and bed hes nackered not had a sleep today so shuuusssh son bun go to bow bows

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Weetabix for baby, and bed hes nackered not had a sleep today so shuuusssh son bun go to bow bows
    Does 'baby' follow her on Facebook?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Aubrey loves Joe

Child is about 2 i'd guess

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

One of my wife's friends just posted 30 pictures under the heading "Kate's Christening and Session".

Because you cant have one without the other, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

"Jaysus dats fearse wet rain out"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

ShazGV wrote: »
    "Jaysus dats fearse wet rain out"

Ha ha, reminds me of this song :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

I think this post by an American friend of mine (a kind of circus skills performer) definitely qualifies as a Great Facebook Status!: (I've omitted the names and locations)

It's about 2 weeks before Thanksgiving and I've been seeing folks struggling to get into the holiday "spirit"..folks grieving because they see their world as less than "perfect" this holiday season, i'm also seeing other people trying to cuddle these folks up and make em' feel better about their views on the holidays..i truly have the answer...there is an Orphanage in (location), they don't call em' that anymore because it makes us uncomfortable, but that's what it is...next weekend plan a trip up there...now don't plan this as a crusade or recruiting drive for your Religion, these kids have had it explained "spiritually" multiple ways why life isn't fair and why the most selfish children have the nicest ****...go to give of yourself..(friend's wife and son) and myself just did our shtick..I sideshowed and did magic, (his son) yo-yoed and (his wife) was the straightman to my idiocy..and I hear you guys moaning you cant' do those things...but go read em a story, "Where the Wild Things Are" is a good one..play with them, give of yourself..kids sense and appreciate sincerity..now when we went we spent a coupla weeks trying to gather up stuff to take em...but it's hard to buy stuff for 80 children and the requests seemed strange to us folks who have such excess in our everyday lives...and here is where we really received one of the greatest gifts of humility I've ever received.. (wife) and I have handed a 9 year old kid a bottle of shampoo and crème rinse and got a tight hug from a teary eyed thankful kid in return...when you see a kid cry out of thankfulness over a damn bottle of shampoo, well it just kinda helps you set things in the proper perspective..so do yourself a favor and take a short drive to (location) and be prepared to cry your eyes out all the way home......if you do go, you really will be giving yourself the greatest gift...the gift of knowing that Thanksgiving and the holidays ISN'T about football...or deerhunting...or shopping...or getting material gifts or honestly even about what most of us like to try to consider a cookie cutter "appears to be normal" family...it's about being "Thankful" and sharing of ourselves..hell, guys...it's about love...Happy Monday, Compadre's.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

New photo album posted entitled:
    Mi new nefu

(My new nephew)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    New photo album posted entitled:

Mi new nefu

(My new nephew)

I believe that is Swahili for 'my left testicle'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Wow, its that kind of day. Friend of a friend:

Written underneath a picture of a budgie sitting on a bed beside a lot of skins and plastic bags. "Just found ou this little fuker has been eating all me weed! He's made his way through 2 bags in the last week!"

I'd post the picture but I'm in work.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

keano_afc wrote: »

Written underneath a picture of a budgie sitting on a bed beside a lot of skins and plastic bags. "Just found ou this little fuker has been eating all me weed! He's made his way through 2 bags in the last week!"

At least we now know how Aido's budgie has been getting on... potential spin-off idea there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

A middle aged woman I know, frequently puts up photos of sessions at her house. The only thing is these are her sessions with her teenagers and their friends, usually captioned "my kids have the best friends ever".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

keano_afc wrote: »

Still waiting for photo...

"I dont care what anyone says a kindney infection is one of the most painfullest things you can ever have!"

I would have agreed until I read your status.

I meant unhappy that day, having read it back yeah, I worded it wrongly :P
    73Cat wrote: »
    A middle aged woman I know, frequently puts up photos of sessions at her house. The only thing is these are her sessions with her teenagers and their friends, usually captioned "my kids have the best friends ever".

Creeeeeeeeepy

Brothers friend is a gross looking hippie guy, putting up photos of his dreadlocks. Ain't nobody want to see that, it's vile. Dreadlocks should be illegal.

Brothers friend is a gross looking hippie guy, putting up photos of his dreadlocks. Ain't nobody want to see that, it's vile. Dreadlocks should be illegal.

I have dreadlocks and I have absolutely no doubt my hair is cleaner than 90% of the people I meet due to the miracle of baking soda and apple cider vinegar. That being said I actually take care of my hair. A lot of dreadlocked people are messy.

In fact even I judge them, which I guess is funny as when I'm with friends and we pass another guy with dreadlocks, they'll be like "oh look, your doppleganger" and I'm like, "oh god no, his dreads are in a state and you can tell he uses wax etc". Tbh some dreads are grotty, but many of us go to great efforts to keep our hear happy and healthy. I own more essential oils than i've had birthdays.

For years now I've been saying to myself I should just get a t-shirt that says "Yes I can wash my hair" :pac:

But thats a whole other topic for a whole other day.I'll take it that he is the grotty hippie type :p

I have dreadlocks and I have absolutely no doubt my hair is cleaner than 90% of the people I meet due to the miracle of baking soda and apple cider vinegar. That being said I actually take care of my hair. A lot of dreadlocked people are messy.

In fact even I judge them, which I guess is funny as when I'm with friends and we pass another guy with dreadlocks, they'll be like "oh look, your doppleganger" and I'm like, "oh god no, his dreads are in a state and you can tell he uses wax etc". Tbh some dreads are grotty, but many of us go to great efforts to keep our hear happy and healthy. I own more essential oils than i've had birthdays.

For years now I've been saying to myself I should just get a t-shirt that says "Yes I can wash my hair" :pac:

But thats a whole other topic for a whole other day.I'll take it that he is the grotty hippie type :p

Yeah he is, weed smoking bob Marley wannabe. He posts the most ridiculous **** and seems to take pride in being the great unwashed. My eyes feel vile even looking at him

Yeah he is, weed smoking bob Marley wannabe. He posts the most ridiculous **** and seems to take pride in being the great unwashed. My eyes feel vile even looking at him

Sometimes I'll wear an expensive fancy suit just to f*** with people. They are like "Y U DRESS NICE BUT HAVE DREAD HAIR!?!" :confused:

Sometimes I'll wear an expensive fancy suit just to f*** with people. They are like "Y U DRESS NICE BUT HAVE DREAD HAIR!?!" :confused:

Horses for courses though. You judge people for being fat, people judge you for having dreadlocks. People judge girls who wear too much tan or whatever.
    It's a judgemental old place we live in these days

Horses for courses though. You judge people for being fat, people judge you for having dreadlocks. People judge girls who wear too much tan or whatever.
    It's a judgemental old place we live in these days

Damn straight, every time I see one of these "Only God can Judge me" statuses, I just go full judge on them, I judge everyone, as they do me, I believe anyone thinking the opposite is deluded. That being said I think a negative connuctivity has sprung up between "Judging someone" and "Thinking someone is a bad person". Being able to judge people, places, situations etc well is what keeps us from sending money to an imprisioned African Prince :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement