Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

If the poster was on about a 90 degree angle then they have to be right .

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

imaging if our teachers at school taught us about angels between intersecting lines?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,778 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

^
    I don't get any of the above.

Maybe it's because I'm a square.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I wish people would refrain from posting about people using "angle" instead of "angel" so that we don't have to go through those f*cking "Oh don't be so obtuse" ..... "something something acute"....... "something something degree" punathons! They're not funny anymore!

I agree. When it gets to 180, it's time to draw the line

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Yeah, when it gets to 360 it seems to just go round and round

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

I hear the Pope is hugely against people going abroad for Christmas, cos it's a sin to get a tan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Magenta wrote: »
    I hear the Pope is hugely against people going abroad for Christmas, cos it's a sin to get a tan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

he's right though we're just going round in circles every time :pac:

A circle jerk in After Hours, who'd have thought it :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭forgotten password

coolhull wrote: »
    Yeah, when it gets to 360 it seems to just go round and round

i agree theres no point protracting the suffering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

*unfollows thread*

• Advertisement

Valentina wrote: »
    *unfollows thread*

Come back, Valentina. We've been running round in circles and going off on tangents lately, but we're back on a straight line now.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

And just when I thought she couldn't possibly post anything more insane, she decides to put this as her status:

"GUYS if anyone of u have every kissed four played rode or was meeting or going out wiv [some girl's name] can u PLz write ur name below thanks".

No idea why she needs this info!

And just when I thought she couldn't possibly post anything more insane, she decides to put this as her status:

"GUYS if anyone of u have every kissed four played rode or was meeting or going out wiv
    [some girl's name] can u PLz write ur name below thanks".

Well she's certainly covering all bases here.
    ''four played'' :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

It's no secret that this year I've put on a lot of the weight I lost. At first, I was super hard on my self. I felt like I was going to lose my husband if I kept getting bigger, like I was letting myself, and all my hard work, go, and more importantly that I was somehow less of a person (I started taking up less 'space' speaking less, and I generally lost my confidence and spark). Now, I don't want to go back to the 'skinner' version of me-- that girl was too concerned with herself, with her image, with every morsel of food feeling like a betrayal as it crossed my lips. I do miss being fit, being active, having the legs of an Amazon. For this New Year, I will not be promising a 'new me' instead- I will be making a commitment to myself to become more active in a healthier way. To keep myself in check and not go back to the 4 hours of working out and 500 calories a day. I'm limiting myself to pre-work morning lap swims at the OU pool with my little bro 3 times a week and a zumba/boot camp class 2 days a week. Wish me luck-- I know I can be lighter, just send me some good vibes so I can be healthier at the same time.

Followed by all the comments telling her how OMG amazing she is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

"GUYS if anyone of u have every kissed four played rode or was meeting or going out wiv [some girl's name] can u PLz write ur name below thanks".

Someone had an interesting result from the STI check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

"Anyone got a spare course of antibiotics?"

Wow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Legs of an Amazon? Hahaha
    500 calories? They'd end up on a drip weighing about 6 stone ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

It's no secret that this year I've put on a lot of the weight I lost. At first, I was super hard on my self. I felt like I was going to lose my husband if I kept getting bigger, like I was letting myself, and all my hard work, go, and more importantly that I was somehow less of a person (I started taking up less 'space' speaking less, and I generally lost my confidence and spark). Now, I don't want to go back to the 'skinner' version of me-- that girl was too concerned with herself, with her image, with every morsel of food feeling like a betrayal as it crossed my lips. I do miss being fit, being active, having the legs of an Amazon. For this New Year, I will not be promising a 'new me' instead- I will be making a commitment to myself to become more active in a healthier way. To keep myself in check and not go back to the 4 hours of working out and 500 calories a day. I'm limiting myself to pre-work morning lap swims at the OU pool with my little bro 3 times a week and a zumba/boot camp class 2 days a week. Wish me luck-- I know I can be lighter, just send me some good vibes so I can be healthier at the same time.

Followed by all the comments telling her how OMG amazing she is.

How utterly self absorbed.

Saw a friend of a friend status today with her fiancé tagged.....

"you complete me"

VOM! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

To say I'm proud would be an understatement!The effort and performance tonight from the children in the school play was world class!I've always loved being a teacherbut it's these nights I'll always remember!Well done everyone-feeling blessed..

This idiot is always putting up inspirational picture/quotes, passive aggressive comments along the lines of "grrrr...some people"...and of course, duck face selfies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

"I do moan about him a lot of the time but I wud b lost with out him really keeps me smiling wen I want cry n rob me a chair that works so I cud ly down n sleep later xox *boyfriend* wish u cud of stayed wit me n *baby* tonigh xox — feeling emotional at Temple Street Children's University Hospital."

I...what?

• Advertisement

rawn wrote: »
    "I do moan about him a lot of the time but I wud b lost with out him really keeps me smiling wen I want cry n rob me a chair that works so I cud ly down n sleep later xox *boyfriend* wish u cud of stayed wit me n *baby* tonigh xox — feeling emotional at Temple Street Children's University Hospital."

I...what?

If her baby is in Temple St Hospital and she's sitting on ''a chair that works'' (what?) then what the fcuk is she doing posting on Facebook? :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

If her baby is in Temple St Hospital and she's sitting on ''a chair that works'' (what?) then what the fcuk is she doing posting on Facebook? :mad::mad:

If her baby is in Temple Street I'd actually give her a pass on doing normally stupid things. I've seen posts like this and yes usually they are attention seeking, but normally because the person is worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

"I don't understand y everyone is givin out over the famine comedy on c4. I mean, come on people, its not as if any of us were around for it. And those who signed a petition to stop it... fúck sake... pc much? "

Face Palm....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Oh God it gets worse.

People are replying to her stupid famine status and her update is

"Eh, it was 160 years ago. .. you nor i know what it was like so why go mad about it when we werent alive!?"

I am tempted to write a reply to say im taking it, her college degree wasn't in history then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

The actress and comedienne Carol Burnett famously said comedy is tragedy plus time. I'd have no issue with a comedy about the Irish famine if it was handled well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Season 2 is the Holocaust

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

The armchair lawyers are out again denying FB their photos etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

"Anyone got a spare course of antibiotics?"

Wow.

I wonder are we friends with the same person because I saw that on a person in work's FB page over xmas...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

zefer wrote: »
    I wonder are we friends with the same person because I saw that on a person in work's FB page over xmas...

I don't know. That was posted only 2 days ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

The "to do" lists in 2015 are some of the most cringiest and attention seeking posts I've ever come across. Sometimes the people who like these posts are the worst, just feeding these ego driven idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

"It's been a great year! Thanks for being a part of it."

:mad: :mad: :mad:

marcbrophy wrote: »
    "It's been a great year! Thanks for being a part of it."

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't really understand why this deserves 3 mads on the mad scale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't really understand why this deserves 3 mads on the mad scale.

Is it just me then? :pac:
    I've seen it about 60 times over the past 10 days.
    Sick to death of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I wish people would refrain from posting about people using "angle" instead of "angel" so that we don't have to go through those f*cking "Oh don't be so obtuse" ..... "something something acute"....... "something something degree" punathons! They're not funny anymore!

We bow to your whim dear Overlord and Appointed Decider of What is Funny

We bow to your whim dear Overlord and Appointed Decider of What is Funny

It's been done 5 or 6 times already on this thread. The same puns being recycled every couple of pages does tend to start getting a bit dull…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

It's been done 5 or 6 times already on this thread. The same puns being recycled every couple of pages does tend to start getting a bit dull…

And yet it's so simple to just skip over them.

I havent checked in here in a while, that's the first time I've seen such a rally of puns and i quite enjoyed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

Girl in north cork went missing, day after her name was on rte news she was posting selfies. I **** you not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I know, it deserves way more than 3!

Retards posting photos of themselves in onesies.......

diograis wrote: »
    Girl in north cork went missing, day after her name was on rte news she was posting selfies. I **** you not.

I saw that a Wexford facebooker put up that a girl in Australia is missing since New Years Eve. The poster asks everyone to keep an eye out for her
    It's unfortunate, and I hope she's ok.but the chances of her roaming around Enniscorthy or Gorey are fairly remote.

diograis wrote: »

I saw that a Wexford facebooker put up that a girl in Australia is missing since New Years Eve. The poster asks everyone to keep an eye out for her
    It's unfortunate, and I hope she's ok.but the chances of her roaming around Enniscorthy or Gorey are fairly remote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

i think I read this before very recently....things do repeat themselves here!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Channel 13 News was just talking about this change in Facebook's privacy policy. Better safe than sorry. As of January 5th, 2015 at 8:37 p.m. Eastern standard time, I do not give Facebook or any entities associated with Facebook permission to use my pictures, information, or posts, both past and future. By this statement, I give notice to Facebook it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute, or take any other action against me based on this profile and/or its contents. The content of this profile is private and confidential information. The violation of privacy can be punished by law (UCC 1-308- 1 1 308-103 and the Rome Statute). NOTE: Facebook is now a public entity. All members must post a note like this. If you prefer, you can copy and paste this version. If you do not publish a statement at least once it will be tactically allowing the use of your photos, as well as the information contained in the profile status updates. DO NOT SHARE. You MUST copy and paste
    Copy it from the comment

Can't believe it's that time of year again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Better safe than sorry right. Channel 13 news was just talking about this change in Facebook's privacy policy. Better safe than sorry. As of January 3rd, 2015 at 11:43am Eastern standard time; I do NOT give Facebook or any entitles associated with Facebook permission to use my pictures, information, or post, both from the past, in the present, or in the future. By this statement I give notice to Facebook it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute or take any other action against me based on this profile is private and confidential information. The violation of privacy can be punished by law (UCC 1-308-11 308-103 and Rome statute). NOTE: Facebook is now a public entity. All members must post a note like this. If you prefer, you can copy and paste this version if you do not publish the statement at least once it will be tactically allowing the use of your photos, as well as information contained in the profile status updates. DO NOT SHARE you MUST copy and paste this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I wonder if the users posting that status actually realise what Eastern Standard Time is. 8:37pm EST won't happen for another 6 and a half hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

im sittin heyour tinkin ders a smell in heyour. smell of unwashed gee. den i turned around an ders trush an jasinta frum numbur 82 sittin in de corner. thyme 2 find a new local if i hav 2 sit heyour wit dem 2 kunts near me ‪#‎KantKope‬ ‪#‎AskMeSlice‬ ‪#‎FishyMinge‬ xxx :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

redarmy wrote: »
    im sittin heyour tinkin ders a smell in heyour. smell of unwashed gee. den i turned around an ders trush an jasinta frum numbur 82 sittin in de corner. thyme 2 find a new local if i hav 2 sit heyour wit dem 2 kunts near me ‪#‎KantKope‬ ‪#‎AskMeSlice‬ ‪#‎FishyMinge‬ xxx :confused:

I'm sitting here, thinking there's a smell in here, a smell of unwashed gee(no idea, judging by the #, its the fishy smell from an unwashed vagina.).
    then I turned around, and there's Trush & Jasinta from number 82. Time to find a new local if I have to sit here with them two c/unts near me.

heyour?? the fcuk is that? thats harder than the correct spelling O_O :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

And yet it's so simple to just skip over them.

How can you know what something says until you've already read some or all of it?
    I havent checked in here in a while, that's the first time I've seen such a rally of puns and i quite enjoyed it

It's funny the first time, but when it happens for the 7th or 8th time and people are just recycling jokes from previous pages, it gets very tiresome.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

heyour?? the fcuk is that? thats harder than the correct spelling O_O :confused:

She's spelling it phonetically! :pac:

At least, the way she pronounces it anyway. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

redarmy wrote: »

That's just taken straight from the Hope Ur OK Hun page....you know it's a parody, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Better safe than sorry right. Channel 13 news was just talking about this change in Facebook's privacy policy. Better safe than sorry. As of January 3rd, 2015 at 11:43am Eastern standard time; I do NOT give Facebook or any entitles associated with Facebook permission to use my pictures, information, or post, both from the past, in the present, or in the future. By this statement I give notice to Facebook it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute or take any other action against me based on this profile is private and confidential information. The violation of privacy can be punished by law (UCC 1-308-11 308-103 and Rome statute). NOTE: Facebook is now a public entity. All members must post a note like this. If you prefer, you can copy and paste this version if you do not publish the statement at least once it will be tactically allowing the use of your photos, as well as information contained in the profile status updates. DO NOT SHARE you MUST copy and paste this.

Someone I know just posted that. Strange thing is that an article saying it's rubbish was the item above it in my feed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement