Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

The Rome Statute established four core international crimes: genocide, crimes against humanity, war crimes, and the crime of aggression. If anyone can tell me what that has to do with their facebook I will try my best to keep a straight face....

Oh I forgot to quote non existent american law, despite the fact I'm Irish and have never even set foot in america USC 12-3-4-56-789

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

redarmy wrote: »
    im sittin heyour tinkin ders a smell in heyour. smell of unwashed gee. den i turned around an ders trush an jasinta frum numbur 82 sittin in de corner. thyme 2 find a new local if i hav 2 sit heyour wit dem 2 kunts near me ‪#‎KantKope‬ ‪#‎AskMeSlice‬ ‪#‎FishyMinge‬ xxx :confused:

Is there a google translate yet for this type of s**te?

#FishyMinge lets get it trending:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Is there a google translate yet for this type of s**te?

#FishyMinge lets get it trending:pac:

Is that not the 'hope your ok hun' FB page? It is a parody and tbf she has made a heap of cash on merchandise and a book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Better safe than sorry right. Channel 13 news was just talking about this change in facebooks privacy policy. Better safe than sorry. As of January 3rd, 2015 at 11:43am Easter standard time. I do not give Facebook or any entities associated with Facebook permission to use my pictures, information, or posts, both past and future. By this statement I give notice to Facebook it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute or take any other action against me based on this

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Is that not the 'hope your ok hun' FB page? It is a parody and tbf she has made a heap of cash on merchandise and a book.

That really died a death in terms of being funny the longer it went on and the fecking eejits that responded to her status in 'u ok hun?' speak were terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭skirtgirl

"The ****ing cheek of some people!!! Have some nerve walking into my house and ya out riding my ex last weekend!!!! Goooout!!!! I dunno who's worse!!!!"

This is definitely a dumb status.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

skirtgirl wrote: »
    "The ****ing cheek of some people!!! Have some nerve walking into my house and ya out riding my ex last weekend!!!! Goooout!!!! I dunno who's worse!!!!"

This is definitely a dumb status.

Is 'Ex' the name of his/her racehorse? ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Better safe than sorry right. Channel 13 news was just talking about this change in Facebook's privacy policy. Better safe than sorry. As of January 3rd, 2015 at 11:43am Eastern standard time; I do NOT give Facebook or any entitles associated with Facebook permission to use my pictures, information, or post, both from the past, in the present, or in the future. By this statement I give notice to Facebook it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute or take any other action against me based on this profile is private and confidential information. The violation of privacy can be punished by law (UCC 1-308-11 308-103 and Rome statute). NOTE: Facebook is now a public entity. All members must post a note like this. If you prefer, you can copy and paste this version if you do not publish the statement at least once it will be tactically allowing the use of your photos, as well as information contained in the profile status updates. DO NOT SHARE you MUST copy and paste this.

My brother just posted this. That's right, my f***ing brother. To say that I am ashamed would be an understatement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Slideways

No family member has posted it yet but a few 'friends' have. Jesus.

Whoever starts them must get some laugh when they go viral like this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

I've already deleted 5 people from my friends list. they weren't close ones anyways. sadly a few close ones have.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Wilberto wrote: »
    My brother just posted this. That's right, my f***ing brother. To say that I am ashamed would be an understatement.

Intervention time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

bjork wrote: »
    Easter standard time.

:)

Easter Time eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

"Woooo I got my collage place studyin English, sessions will b had" (Facepalm)

Students that spell college wrong really gets on my tits for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    "Woooo I got my collage place studyin English, sessions will b had" (Facepalm)

Students that spell college wrong really gets on my tits for some reason.

The fact that she is doing English just makes it worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

For obvious reasons you can not get sparkling water in a sports bottle this still annoys me though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Girl A:A big happy birthday 2 my gorgeous, funny lil nephew ****** 2day! Cant believe ur 5 already! hope u have a super day.. I love u so much!!! Hugs and kisses your aunty ****!!!!! ‪#‎ifeelold‬ ‪#‎mylittlemunchkin‬

Girl B:my god the time flew 5 already in happy birthday to ******x

Girl C:Have a brill 5th biryhday ******!!!! See u soon xxx

Girl A: He says a big thank u and sends his love!!! Xx

Now, I don't have much of a problem with someone being excited about their nephew's birthday....BUT.....

Does he have a facebook account?
    Why the f£$k would somebody wish a FIVE year old a happy birthday on facebook?!
    The only way it could be worse is if she called him a "little man".

*Vomit*

Girl A:A big happy birthday 2 my gorgeous, funny lil nephew ****** 2day! Cant believe ur 5 already! hope u have a super day.. I love u so much!!! Hugs and kisses your aunty ****!!!!! ‪#‎ifeelold‬ ‪#‎mylittlemunchkin‬

Girl B:my god the time flew 5 already in happy birthday to ******x

Girl C:Have a brill 5th biryhday ******!!!! See u soon xxx

Girl A: He says a big thank u and sends his love!!! Xx

Now, I don't have much of a problem with someone being excited about their nephew's birthday....BUT.....

Does he have a facebook account?
    Why the f£$k would somebody wish a FIVE year old a happy birthday on facebook?!
    The only way it could be worse is if she called him a "little man".

*Vomit*

But Girl A must have been in the room with her nephew if he is able to relay his message of thanks to the other well wishers.

If he is in the same room as her, she is spending her time posting on facebook how much she loves him and b-day wishes, instead of interacting with the live child in the same room.

Give me strength!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

There's a plethora of awful occurances happening in our world these days. The bombings, the killings, the dying of justice at home and abroad... On days like today-- hold those you love close. Today, just like every other, I am beyond grateful for my wonderful Husband ________ ____ for his love, kindness, patience, and understanding. He loves me even when I cannot seem to love myself. When the world is going crazy, I find comfort in the easy silence he creates for me.

Attached is a youtube video of the Dixie Chicks' song Easy Silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

There's a plethora of awful occurances happening in our world these days. The bombings, the killings, the dying of justice at home and abroad... On days like today-- hold those you love close. Today, just like every other, I am beyond grateful for my wonderful Husband ________ ____ for his love, kindness, patience, and understanding. He loves me even when I cannot seem to love myself. When the world is going crazy, I find comfort in the easy silence he creates for me.

Attached is a youtube video of the Dixie Chicks' song Easy Silence.

vom!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flutterby80

But Girl A must have been in the room with her nephew if he is able to relay his message of thanks to the other well wishers.

If he is in the same room as her, she is spending her time posting on facebook how much she loves him and b-day wishes, instead of interacting with the live child in the same room.

Give me strength!!

I have a cousin who's first reaction when her child is ill is to post the gory details in full technicolor. "My poor ickle man has just vomited everywhere, he cannot stop being sick" Would it not be more in your line to hold the "ickle" mans hair back while he blows chunks rather than post about it on FB!?....give me strength !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

______ is at Coombe Women's Hospital: "In so much pain but at last the op is over; womb out, ovrees out, tubes tied,now to try n use the tiolet by myself".

Seriously too much information, ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Tiolet!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Ovrees!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

These picture quotes are doing my head in, seen this one today, followed by the usual 'so true xx' nonsense below it.

'we're adults and busy. No need to be in constant contact with you to prove my friendship to you. Just know that when/if you need me I'll be there'

These picture quotes are doing my head in, seen this one today, followed by the usual 'so true xx' nonsenonsense below it.

'we're adults and busy. No need to be in constant contact with you to prove my friendship to you. Just know that when/if you need me I'll be there'

so true xx

Sorry :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

"There is no extremists, only muslims. Those extremists are practicing Islam the way it is written. As you see when towers were brought down Arabs were dancing in streets in America and in Middle East. Make no mistake about it there are only muslims. The ones doing the killing are just more aggressive. Second, the Europeans wanted the Jews out. Good smart productive citizens. Most of Europe helped the maxis even the French. For the swap of Jews they took muslims. Europe will be an Islamic continent in 10 years. Europe deserves what they are getting".

The above was written by an American. I did giggle at "maxis" though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Anyone else see this "pay it forward" BS? :pac:
    Facebook wrote:
    This world needs as much kindness as it can get. I'm participating in the 'Pay it Forward' initiative: The first five people who comment on this status with "I'm in" will receive a surprise from me at some point during this calendar year - anything from a book, a ticket, something homemade, a postcard, absolutely any surprise! There will be no warning and it will happen when the mood comes over me and I find something that I believe would suit you and make you happy. These five people must make the same offer on their Facebook status. Once my first five have commented "I'm in" I will forward this message to you privately, so that you can copy and paste it, and put it on your status, (don't share it) so that we can form a web of connection of kindness. Let's do more nice and loving things in 2015, without any reason other than to make each other smile and show that we think of each other. Here's to a more enjoyable, friendly and love filled year!

5 or 6 on my newsfeed now with the above put up.

Call me cynical if you like, but no one is going to get anything from these people :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Anyone else see this "pay it forward" BS? :pac:

5 or 6 on my newsfeed now with the above put up.

Call me cynical if you like, but no one is going to get anything from these people :D

Either that, or that person got some awful Christmas presents that need shifting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Loughc wrote: »
    Either that, or that person got some awful Christmas presents that need shifting!

Exactly, maybe a nicer way of "spring cleaning".
    Instead of giving your junk to Mr Binman, give it family and friends instead :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Exactly, maybe a nicer way of "spring cleaning".
    Instead of giving your junk to Mr Binman, give it family and friends instead :pac:

Hey it's Facebook, it's a good chance the first five to reply will be people you haven't seen in person since school... no harm offloading your junk to them :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Give me strength!!

We've got a Live one here! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

(Picture of some 19 year old outgoing young one, in the sluttiest skirt imaginable, while putting on that stupid fish face pout, while raising one leg as a pose)

The comments underneath are so predictable, you don't even have to read the comments and you know what's said

"Stunnah bae"

"Gorgeous hun"

F**k Off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Husband:Just when you thought you could rely on someone.......ah well!!!

Wife:Best not to bother then you won't be disappointed!! X

Husband:I should know by now!

Other Woman:Hope your ok """""""" never mind them x

Husband:Those who have little or no interest in their children or grandchildren- should expect little or no interest in return when it comes to suiting them

*Shakes head*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Slideways

Right here it is: Pass it on guys. Let me see how this turns out: It occurs to me that for each and every one of you on my friends list, I catch myself looking at your pictures, sharing jokes and news, as well as support during good and bad times. I am also happy to have you among my friends. We will see who will take the time to read this message until the end. If... you appreciate your friends and family... from all over the world. I'm going to be watching to see who takes care of the friendship, just like me. Thank you all for being a part of my life. DON'T SHARE!! Once you respond, I will inbox you this post for you to copy then paste on your wall so I can leave a word for you. So, if you read this, leave ONE WORD AS TO HOW WE MET. Only ONE word or should I say; ONE WORD ONLY!!!

Why, oh why....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Slideways wrote: »
    Why, oh why....
    We all seek acceptance, one way or another.

Facebook's a pretty bad way of going about it though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

ღღ New Year Fat Flush Flush & Detox Drink ....

- 1 cucumber
    - 1 lemon
    - 2 limes
    - 1 bunch of mint.

Slice them all and divide the ingredients between four 24 oz water bottles and them fill them up with filtered water. Not only does this taste delicious and help flush fat, but it also counts toward your daily water intake. The lemons help in the absorption of sugars and calcium and cuts down your cravings for sweet things. xoxo

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

"I'm not looking for an argument or anything, but do you agree with abortion in Ireland?".

Needless to say, a very well informed and restrained debate followed.

I just saw a photo of a very sick sleeping child in bed at home accompanied by in-depth descriptions of all had brought up that day. Why….just, why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

fussyonion wrote: »
    ______ is at Coombe Women's Hospital: "In so much pain but at last the op is over; womb out, ovrees out, tubes tied,now to try n use the tiolet by myself".

Seriously too much information, ffs.

Off-topic but if she had her womb and her "ovrees" out why did she bother getting her tubes tied??

sam34 wrote: »
    Off-topic but if she had her womb and her "ovrees" out why did she bother getting her tubes tied??
    Just to be absolutely sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

sam34 wrote: »

cause either a lie, or she didn;t actually know the operation she was undergoing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

P1 feeling angry
    U wanna b two faced no problem let's c how far it gets u

Someone and 6 others like this.

P2 ok hun?
    P1 Oh ya hun I'll b fine thanks
    P2 Ok
    P3 U OK ??
    P1 Ya P3 just someone has my blood boiling.....
    P4 Deep breaths Hun and count to ten
    P1 I'll need more than that hun lol
    P4 If someone has u that worked up Hun look at ur beautiful boys and tell urself whoever is pissing u off simply isn't worth it xx

The word 'hun' actually turns my stomach. Especially when people use it in the 'real world'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

""In A&E an i swear i cant wait here all night i sliced my finger wit a knife earlier cutting a sandwich and ive been here since 9. all the amblances comin here and im tihnking hello im here since 9 see me 1st! but no they have to get those people seen 1st dont they and to top it off ive no money for the machine to get coke i swear im going to start unleashing my temper now soon if they dont hurry up and im afraid to go for a smoke incase im called.""

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

fussyonion wrote: »
    ""In A&E an i swear i cant wait here all night i sliced my finger wit a knife earlier cutting a sandwich and ive been here since 9. all the amblances comin here and im tihnking hello im here since 9 see me 1st! but no they have to get those people seen 1st dont they and to top it off ive no money for the machine to get coke i swear im going to start unleashing my temper now soon if they dont hurry up and im afraid to go for a smoke incase im called.""

Jesus that's outrageous, why should someone with possible life threatening injuries be seen before her

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

"Mandatory check in"

It may be mandatory/obligatory/whatever -ory word you want to use to get on to your flight but there is no need to do it on Facebook. You're going abroad, we get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

"Mandatory check in"

It may be mandatory/obligatory/whatever -ory word you want to use to get on to your flight but there is no need to do it on Facebook. You're going abroad, we get it.

... and we hate you for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

"Mandatory check in"

J Mysterio wrote: »
    ... and we hate you for it.

Even worse when people tag you in certain places with them

John is with XxMCRxBabyxX, J Mysterio & Ted_YNWA @ ........

I don't want the world to know where I am ffs !!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

"Overheard the good ol' ''Is that a girl''......seriously okay I dont dress like a girly girl. Im a total utter tomboy but seriously whatever I wear I seem to look like a boy apparently. Ugghh just f*cking annoys me im already self concious as f*ck and then when you hear that it doesnt f*cking help one bit."

"Yes I am a girl and not a boy. Thanks for wondering and asking. Do I dress girly no but i can do what I want so seriously quit it"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I accidentally spilled wax on the carpet...had a bit of a waxident...get it?

*unfriends*

*unfriends*

No point in waxing lyrical over an old flame!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

"Thiere is no I in Happyness"

eh.....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement