Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

If only I'd been able to see in to the future and anticipated that post from the unexpected source. Now why didn't I just think of that :D

In short, yes. When you signed up for a network that is based around user-generated content, it shouldn't come as a huge surprise that some of that content is not to your own taste. If your sensitivity to such content exceeds your ability to give someone who has just lost a baby a break, then maybe Facebook is not the place for you. Or Twitter. Or Tumblr. Or anything that doesn't have a full-time editor with similar sensitivities to you reviewing content

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

rizzodun wrote: »
    Their phone probably capitalised the W in Wednesday, just like google chrome added a z to your spelling of 'capitalise' :P

really? im pretty sure its spelt with z ,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalization , or is it one of those that can be spelt both ways?

would give me the ****s if i found out ive been spelling it wrong all this time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

"gave birth to my little princess last nite, dan cut the cord and bless him nearly fainted hes gone to get us a chow mein from the local chinky and we can toste our little sexy girl with prosecco"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

fussyonion wrote: »
    "gave birth to my little princess last nite, dan cut the cord and bless him nearly fainted hes gone to get us a chow mein from the local chinky and we can toste our little sexy girl with prosecco"

Imagine a world in which someone can spell Prosecco but cannot spell toast...
    Don't even get me started on the 'sexy' newborn, eek!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

really? im pretty sure its spelt with z ,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalization , or is it one of those that can be spelt both ways?

would give me the ****s if i found out ive been spelling it wrong all this time :D

It's spelt with a "z" when using American English, as is "recognize", "pluralize", etc.

However, using UK English (or correct English :D :pac:) it's spelt with an "s".

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

dee_mc wrote: »

...or the blatant racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Joined a group called Cures and Queries. It has people asking for cures to all sorts of ailments big and small. Maybe it's just me but some of the comments are bat sh1t crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

KKkitty wrote: »
    Joined a group called Cures and Queries. It has people asking for cures to all sorts of ailments big and small. Maybe it's just me but some of the comments are bat sh1t crazy.

Tell them to put mustard on it for everything and see if anyone tries it.

Tell them to put mustard on it for everything and see if anyone tries it.

Some on it would probably do it and all. Many put stuff that only a doctor would be able to treat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭893bet

She used the bottle! No doubt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

A woman on my local facebook buy and sell page was trying to sell half a box of the eastern european brand of amoxicillan last night :eek: :rolleyes:

A woman on my local facebook buy and sell page was trying to sell half a box of the eastern european brand of amoxicillan last night :eek: :rolleyes:

What the actual fcuk!!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

A friend of mine posted the most nauseatingly disgustingly cutesy-poo post on her FB earlier on. After I'd read it (and cleaned up the pile of sick on my laptop) I was dying to put it on here, only she uses the site, and would know it was me. God damn it! It'd nearly be worth the ban to sign up a dupe account just so I could enrich this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Toots wrote: »
    A friend of mine posted the most nauseatingly disgustingly cutesy-poo post on her FB earlier on. After I'd read it (and cleaned up the pile of sick on my laptop) I was dying to put it on here, only she uses the site, and would know it was me. God damn it! It'd nearly be worth the ban to sign up a dupe account just so I could enrich this thread.

You can have more than one account. You'll only get in bother if you use one to circumvent a ban.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Toots wrote: »

Not sure if this post is a post about a FB status or if it is the actual FB status quoted and posted here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Would pming someone else the text to post help? Not now cos I've written this in public :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Ah c'mon now don't be so harsh, shes probably only a kid herself! :pac:

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Would pming someone else the text to post help? Not now cos I've written this in public :D

Feck. I should have thought of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

RainyDay wrote: »
    In short, yes. When you signed up for a network that is based around user-generated content, it shouldn't come as a huge surprise that some of that content is not to your own taste. If your sensitivity to such content exceeds your ability to give someone who has just lost a baby a break, then maybe Facebook is not the place for you. Or Twitter. Or Tumblr. Or anything that doesn't have a full-time editor with similar sensitivities to you reviewing content

Do you see the irony in your critique of my opinion on such Facebook posts? Perhaps you should take your own advice where my view offends you.

I have lost a baby myself so I have been that soldier and I did say that I have every sympathy for this person who posted the pics. For me, it doesn't belong on Facebook that doesn't negate any sympathy or understanding I have for that position. It's an opinion.

Do you see the irony in your critique of my opinion on such Facebook posts? Perhaps you should take your own advice where my view offends you.
    Your view doesn't offend me. I never gave any suggestion that it offends me. I disagree with it, but it doesn't offend me.
    I have lost a baby myself so I have been that soldier and I did say that I have every sympathy for this person who posted the pics. For me, it doesn't belong on Facebook that doesn't negate any sympathy or understanding I have for that position. It's an opinion.
    My sympathies on your loss. You're quite entitled to your opinion. But it is entirely in your control. If the risk of seeing this kind of material is significant for you, you need to stay off Facebook or other networks of user-generated material. Or defriend people. Or hide future updates. You have loads of options, other than blaming the person going through the difficult situation.

• Advertisement

RainyDay wrote: »
    Your view doesn't offend me. I never gave any suggestion that it offends me. I disagree with it, but it doesn't offend me.

My sympathies on your loss. You're quite entitled to your opinion. But it is entirely in your control. If the risk of seeing this kind of material is significant for you, you need to stay off Facebook or other networks of user-generated material. Or defriend people. Or hide future updates. You have loads of options, other than blaming the person going through the difficult situation.

I require neither your sympathy nor your sage advice regarding "user generated material" on Facebook.
    This is usually quite a lighthearted thread, my initial response to you was in keeping with that sprit but I see no point in taking our difference of opinion any further by derailing an otherwise light and amusing thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

These two at it again.

'look how cute my boo is <3' then this screenshot

I should add they're having a baby soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

These two at it again.

I give em 2 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

Taylor365 wrote: »

I give em 2 months.

I'd give them a book on grammar.

I require neither [....] nor your sage advice regarding "user generated material" on Facebook.
    I think we'll agree to disagree on that. Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I don't know the person who posted this but it popped up on my timeline because a girl I work with commented on it.
    Mega lols

These two at it again.

mikey mc donagh?

handy grub tonight, kelsey loves mcdonalds tanks fuk cant wait till kye is old enough to have it roll on the less stress

4 hours later......
    Awake early with kye crying gimme patience tat is it, time to get da tubes tied cant handle dis at dis hour of a sunday mornin my ****in god — feeling annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

handy grub tonight, kelsey loves mcdonalds tanks fuk cant wait till kye is old enough to have it roll on the less stress

4 hours later......
    Awake early with kye crying gimme patience tat is it, time to get da tubes tied cant handle dis at dis hour of a sunday mornin my ****in god — feeling annoyed.

Aww, bless.....

""Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!!!! C***** and I have just finalized the purchase of our FIRST NEW HOME and omg I am BEYOOOOOND excited!!!! K***** we are SO going shopping for like EVERYTHINGGGG!!! I'm talking cushions, duvets, lamps, carpets, OMG A SMEG FRIDGE!!! And we are totally having dinner parties like in Come dine with Me!!!!! Conrad's gone to get some champers, it'll probably go STRAIGHT to my head but I don't care-NEW HOUSE WOOP WOOP!!!!!!!""

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Smeg fridge?!?! :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

They sound like a couple of smegheads alright.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

""Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!!!! C***** and I have just finalized the purchase of our FIRST NEW HOME and omg I am BEYOOOOOND excited!!!!
    :mad:

I'm guessing the C stands for Conrad? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

These two at it again.

She's dating a Justin Beiber song?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Person 1: Just got me dream job, buzzin
    Person 2: Ah noway, wa job
    Person 1: Security

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Dunno how anyone could buy a fridge with smeg plastered across the front of it (hehe). I'd never be able to eat anything out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Dunno how anyone could buy a fridge with smeg plastered across the front of it (hehe). I'd never be able to eat anything out of it.

You'd have to get those magnet letters and have HEAD spelled out underneath.

Fishyfreak wrote: »
    Person 1: Just got me dream job, buzzin
    Person 2: Ah noway, wa job
    Person 1: Security

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Loughc wrote: »
    I'm guessing the C stands for Conrad? :pac:

:pac: So much for blanking out his name hahaha.

• Advertisement

This AGAIN:

"So happy!! Best news ever"
    (19 likes)
    "Delighted for you chick!"
    "So happy for ya hun"
    "Thanks guys, delighted I am!"
    "Drinks on you!"
    "Yes, Friday we are on the Moet!"
    "What news is this?!!!!"
    "Mail ya x"

WHY TELL US AND THEN NOT TELL US!?!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

You'd have to get those magnet letters and have HEAD spelled out underneath.

I don't see how anyone can own one and not do that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

hahaha :D [link is SFW]

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/4c/1d/a4/4c1da431dd10770746f39e7d5262bb7e.jpg

Today I learned, don't ever search for "smeghead" on google images without first putting on the safesearch filter!!! :eek: :(

This AGAIN:

"So happy!! Best news ever"
    (19 likes)
    "Delighted for you chick!"
    "So happy for ya hun"
    "Thanks guys, delighted I am!"
    "Drinks on you!"
    "Yes, Friday we are on the Moet!"
    "What news is this?!!!!"
    "Mail ya x"

WHY TELL US AND THEN NOT TELL US!?!!!!!

These type of status updates are a waste of time.

If it's private, just mail people to begin with.

It's a classic attention seeking exercise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

A Facebook friend of mine, every morning without fail, gives a weather update from where she is, followed by a fascinating insight into what she is doing today. Signs off with "stay safe wherever you are" or something similarly sappy. Ugghhhh :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Any takers?
    Getting a flat. got my Eyes on a dacent 2 bedroom. Get onto me anyone who wants to go halfs! It's 2 bedroom as I said. I could afford it on my own but living with someone be better.(uglys and fatties need not apply)

• Advertisement

Any takers?

Tripped up at the last hurdle. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Any takers?

Im considered uglier than a necrotic arse cheek so I'll pass :o

Im considered uglier than a necrotic arse cheek so I'll pass :o

Poor Reggie :'(

"Me little koko got sent hme from school cos she was sick bleeding ticks those teachers as if i have nutin better to do than run around after a youngone all day i was meant to be getting my hair done and meet carl for a cheeky pint an now its going to be viks vaproub and snotty tissues all day fml!!!!!!""

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

"Me little koko got sent hme from school cos she was sick bleeding ticks those teachers as if i have nutin better to do than run around after a youngone all day i was meant to be getting my hair done and meet carl for a cheeky pint an now its going to be viks vaproub and snotty tissues all day fml!!!!!!""

No way. I can't believe someone would actually say that, I don't want to anyway :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement