Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

No way. I can't believe someone would actually say that, I don't want to anyway :(

Having got sucked into 'On Benefits and Proud' on TV3 last night, I can believe. Just watch 2 minutes, to see the smug mum telling her to 'face reality'. Btw, reality is 'no point in working as you're barely any better off'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LerbK2ftcfE&feature=youtu.be&t=32m15s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

RainyDay wrote: »
    Having got sucked into 'On Benefits and Proud' on TV3 last night, I can believe. Just watch 2 minutes, to see the smug mum telling her to 'face reality'. Btw, reality is 'no point in working as you're barely any better off'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LerbK2ftcfE&feature=youtu.be&t=32m15s

Usually when you're told to "face reality" it's to get you OFF benefits, not tell you to stay on them! Unreal! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭cynicalcough

Omfg my child nuts I told her to ring canton for spice box and a big curry sauce and the woman start shouting at her she said **** off I'll dig your head in Chinese dope i walked in and fell around cause having argument with her hate her cursing but she hung up on her now ive no curry I'll be bared out off every curry shop letting it rip at the Chinese girl very funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

The 'my child is sick' ones freak me out. It's like some facebook version of munchausems by proxy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

I have one "friend" actually scratch that more than one who put up these type of status
    "I'm ragging" or "I'm fit to kill someone" and the like,
    I don't funkin care if something bothered you in the supermarket you moron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

fussyonion wrote: »
    "Me little koko got sent hme from school cos she was sick bleeding ticks those teachers as if i have nutin better to do than run around after a youngone all day i was meant to be getting my hair done and meet carl for a cheeky pint an now its going to be viks vaproub and snotty tissues all day fml!!!!!!""
    That reads like it was taken from the "Hope ur ok hun" page. I really hope it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

'tank god ***** only of friday. Dont kno how de rest of ye will cope with yours of for de hole week. Hahaha enjoy de midterm girls'

I have never understood this, so many people wishing the midterm away, and these aren't working women who are put out with needing a childminder etc. These are stay at home mothers, who are just too lazy to amuse their kids. really annoys me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

'tank god ***** only of friday. Dont kno how de rest of ye will cope with yours of for de hole week. Hahaha enjoy de midterm girls'

I have never understood this, so many people wishing the midterm away, and these aren't working women who are put out with needing a childminder etc. These are stay at home mothers, who are just too lazy to amuse their kids. really annoys me!!

I really struggle with this.

I am a working mother, and happy with that. Being home full-time wouldn't be ideal for either myself or my son. I am happy with my career, and he is happy in creche.

But I naturally really enjoy the time I get with him, and want as much time with him as possible.

The idea of non-working mothers gloating about spending as little time as possible with their children ... christ!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭17larsson

A picture showing his college exam results. "Very happy with results. Better than expected".
    Nobody gives a sh*t.
    The only other person apart from yourself that cares about your Christmas exam results is your mother. They weren't even that good you self absorbed prick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

17larsson wrote: »
    A picture showing his college exam results. "Very happy with results. Better than expected".
    Nobody gives a sh*t.
    The only other person apart from yourself that cares about your Christmas exam results is your mother. They weren't even that good you self absorbed prick

Harsh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Please don't Ignore
    Your Ameen Is So Powerful!
    May Allah Help Him
    Please Say Ameen!
    & Share.

With a picture of a child hooked up to machines in a hospital. The same woman who likes these likes all those "comment yes if Jesus loves you" ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

yeah think yea know someone but ye dont .do yeah really know them. yeah cant trust anybody can ye these days.......moral off the story do u know them and can u trust them......‪#‎dont‬ trust anyone as the old sayin goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

yeah think yea know someone but ye dont .do yeah really know them. yeah cant trust anybody can ye these days.......moral off the story do u know them and can u trust them......‪#‎dont‬ trust anyone as the old sayin goes

Amused by the fact that they spell the word 'you' in four different ways in just one post!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

"One dream love to have to go back to 2007 its was the best year of my life every :):) "

http://u85i.imgup.net/IMG-142416013a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

OSU Internal Medical make Lower Lights Christian Health Center look like a third world country. I had a simple check up in July. They did some blood work and MY DOCTOR call me at 7:00 am the next morning and ask if I would go to the ER. Since that day I have had Kidney Stones removed, stint removed, major bone loss that caused all my teeth to be removed and just last week my thyroid was removed and the bleeding tube was removed this morning. After each and every appointment MY DOCTOR would call the following day with the results of test or what the next step would be. Not the nurse not the janitor but THE Doctor. Just today two Doctors call me this morning to see how I was doing even though my appointment is next month. My Mother is in the hospital again today because her Doctors office had yet to make a single phone call to get her the portable oxygen tank she needs to work the soup kitchen. I refuse to let [MOTHER] go back to LOWER HEALTH CARE and after her first visit to OSU HER DOCTOR called her the next morning called in some scripts

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

WTF did I just read haha.

Getting a running commentary on 'hu kild Lucy?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Just after been sent this by a friend not saying names I could not see it as **** blocked me after she gave my 13 yr old daughter abuse and there to say on sell your stuff this morning that I was selling fake phones well I didn't threatened u but I am now telling u and as u made it public so will I and I hope your mates tell u that when I get you ya dirty rotten ******* Ryan's whore that sells her fanny your dead I am going to make u wish your mother never gave birth to u abusing a 13 year old sick twisted whore and now looking for pity on Facebook your dead dead dead is that clear
    Not a full stop or comma in sight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

"Tanx to every one who came to lila's party today an to marie and git for putting on a lovely spread and to deco for the drinkys for the mammys and daddies now the childers are asleep its our PARTHY TIME and sure while we're at it, we might have a swing around the stripper pole in the sitting room!! #dontbegettingjealousnowyahear"

"Tanx to every one who came to lila's party today an to marie and git for putting on a lovely spread and to deco for the drinkys for the mammys and daddies now the childers are asleep its our PARTHY TIME and sure while we're at it, we might have a swing around the stripper pole in the sitting room!! #dontbegettingjealousnowyahear"

Love Parthys

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Usually when someone misspells something, it doesn't end up being longer than the correct spelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

ratmouse wrote: »
    Amused by the fact that they spell the word 'you' in four different ways in just one post!!

And none of them were correct either. It's only got three bloody letters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭wallywhittle

"Some snakes in this town boy, saint Paddy lied when he said he vanished them all. You know who you are boy."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

You really do have access to some choice facebook statuses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

eternal wrote: »
    You really do have access to some choice facebook statuses.

Don't I know it; I don't know how some of these people function. I can't post half of the ones I want to 'cos I have a feeling one of my FB friends is a regular on Boards....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Not a full stop or comma in sight.
    right guys any one who knows me knows im a straight person **** ****** has abused my name and family through facebook now playing the victim so I did the hourable thing and I drove to newbridge to her house tonight knocked on her door and asked her to take down her status and lies off facebook she would not open the door fully had it on the chain and told me she never put my name up on facebook which I know and everyone else dose that's a lie when I told her she was a liar she got thick so I asked her to open the door and she would not I wil say this she is very lucky her kids where there as I would not do that on any child and she cowardly would not take the chain on the door off but moral of the story is she lied into my face she never put anything on facebook when she did I saw it and she was not so hardy when she was at the door with her safety chain as if that would really save her thank god for her she had her kids up and second of all alma why where and are u so tough on facebook keypad warrior why didn't u say anything other than **** at your door cos your nothing more than a **** stirrer now I will advise u to stop right now or next time I arrive at your door the kids wont even save ya I hope that is loud and clear for u ya tramp
    Chain wudn have stopped me
    ....she can't be saying things like tat...taking ur caricture etc....

How dare she draw cartoon sketches of her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

My degree in English is tortured. I deleted 100 people off Facebook and now all I have is nice, happy and bearable browsing capability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

If your reading this, repost and receive a large amount of money in 25 minutes if you fail to repost youll loose something worth keeping.

loose :pac:

If your reading this, repost and receive a large amount of money in 25 minutes if you fail to repost youll loose something worth keeping.

Your bowels?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I lost some sanity & respect for that person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

How do people mistake lose for loose?

I see dem der on de netz alot i dose!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

:

That's false advertising. 25 minutes! I reposted this and I had to wait over half an hour before I received my large amount of money. It's not good enough. . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Anyone see the fake facebook page for Crumlim Shopping centre?
    https://www.facebook.com/Crumlinshopingcentre
    Just a note on the dog fights that usually take place behind the shopping centre by the bottle banks. The organisers have asked us to pass on the message that the fights will now take place on the first Saturday of every month, instead of the first Friday of every month. Anyone wishing to enter a dog into a fight, please be there by 7pm to register your dog. First fight 8pm sharp!
    It's 22 years since Caravaggio's The Taking of Christ was found in the stock room of Crazy Prices, in the Crumlin Shopping Centre. It can now be found hanging in the National Gallery of Ireland.

In this one they stuck up a photo of an old lady they said they found wandering in Dunnes and would her family please come and pick her up. It had over 2000 shares. If you click on the shares you can see the comments people posted and the replies they got. there are some really angry people out there :)
    https://www.facebook.com/Crumlinshopingcentre/photos/a.339231029610961.1073741828.339089842958413/339229516277779/?type=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I'm sorry I can't find the actual picture.But a friend on Facebook of mine (who's a girl) shared a photo saying something like " I support Chris Kyle dumb liberals should stop hating on him". I actively see typical far right **** cogging up my newsfeed on Facebook. It seems the less intelligent ones are predisposed to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Quick enough to talk about Ballybeg ya all want to look at what's going on in Ur own place I'm from here and taking the piss out of it ye should all be ashamed of urselfs when it's not any of Ur ye goin true it.

I bet she is multilingual ^^

Pictures of Gardai and Irish water

"another bus full arrives making there presents felt"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Pictures of Gardai and Irish water

"another bus full arrives making there presents felt"

I love felt presents but I prefer suede ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Quick enough to talk about Ballybeg ya all want to look at what's going on in Ur own place I'm from here and taking the piss out of it ye should all be ashamed of urselfs when it's not any of Ur ye goin true it.

I bet she is multilingual ^^

Well that's certainly not English anyway!

Some People Would Just Wreck Your Brain With There Bull****. Genuine Have No Lives What So Ever. Looking For A Reaction, but They Ain't Getting One So They Can stop Now. Thanks

Why leave two words without a capital?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Some People Would Just Wreck Your Brain With There Bull****. Genuine Have No Lives What So Ever. Looking For A Reaction, but They Ain't Getting One So They Can stop Now. Thanks

Why leave two words without a capital?
    'but stop'

Ve ave zeecoded zee hidden missage!

Type Amen.

Under a picture of a baby with all its guts hanging out.

Didn't finish my breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

A pregnancy announcement at 3 and a bit weeks gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

A pregnancy announcement at 3 and a bit weeks gone.

Oh dear god why?

KKkitty wrote: »
    Oh dear god why?

No idea. I'm still trying to decide if it's a joke or not.

Lots of "really Hun? Are you?" Underneath it but no response to those.

No idea. I'm still trying to decide if it's a joke or not.

Lots of "really Hun? Are you?" Underneath it but no response to those.

If she is it's stupid to announce it so early. Anything could happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Apart from anything else, if it's dated based on her when her last period was and she has regular periods she wasn't even pregnant for the first two weeks. She might as well have said 'I had sex a week and a bit ago.'

Apart from anything else, if it's dated based on her when her last period was and she has regular periods she wasn't even pregnant for the first two weeks. She might as well have said 'I had sex a week and a bit ago.'

Exactly. At 3 and a bit weeks you haven't even missed a period.

Her prerogative to announce it obviously but bit of a stupid move in my opinion.

This actually makes it worse. It's ok announcing it at 12 weeks but anything before then is too soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Works either way.
    If she's pregnant, she can start posting scans, inspirational messages about how she'll love her baba and so on asap

If she's not, she'll have lots of fb sympathy and are u ok hun type stuff

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement