Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

KKkitty wrote: »
    If she is it's stupid to announce it so early. Anything could happen.

1 in 4 pregnancies don't make it to the second trimester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Has her occupation changed to full time mummy yet?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

milltown wrote: »

No it's still down as being a full time mad bastard!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Type Amen.

Under a picture of a baby with all its guts hanging out.

Didn't finish my breakfast.

Let me guess, the poster is an insane pro-lifer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

bjork wrote: »
    Works either way.
    If she's pregnant, she can start posting scans, inspirational messages about how she'll love her baba and so on asap

If she's not, she'll have lots of fb sympathy and are u ok hun type stuff

I'm waiting for the 'FALSE ALARM! Thought I was pregnant but turns out I was just too full after eating a KFC family bucket by meself' status.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm waiting for the 'FALSE ALARM! Thought I was pregnant but turns out I was just too full after eating a KFC family bucket by meself' status.

Promptly followed by Vino this weekend girlies, time to celebratez.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Grayson wrote: »
    1 in 4 pregnancies don't make it to the second trimester.

I know that personally after losing 2 babies before the second trimester. I don't mind the odd scan picture but announcing your pregnancy in the first few weeks is way too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

milltown wrote: »

She's already a Mum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭crybaby

KKkitty wrote: »
    I know that personally after losing 2 babies before the second trimester. I don't mind the odd scan picture but announcing your pregnancy in the first few weeks is way too much.

I think you taking offence to it is way too much, exactly how does an early pregnancy announcement affect you?

crybaby wrote: »
    I think you taking offence to it is way too much, exactly how does an early pregnancy announcement affect you?

How was she taking offence? Is she not pointing out that announcing a pregnancy too early, you run the risk of having to tell the whole world and its mother if you then have a miscarriage in the first 8-12 weeks which is pretty common and usually something that you might want to keep private or between you, your family and closest friends. It's something I've seen happen on facebook before.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

How was she taking offence? Is she not pointing out that announcing a pregnancy too early, you run the risk of having to tell the whole world and its mother if you then have a miscarriage in the first 8-12 weeks which is pretty common and usually something that you might want to keep private or between you, your family and closest friends. It's something I've seen happen on facebook before.

You also run the risk of the pregnancy ending, but being asked about it and congratulated by people who hadnt heard the bad news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

This same thing happens on every thread, or maybe it's just this thread every few pages, I forget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Let me guess, the poster is an insane pro-lifer?

God only knows. My whole feed is taken up with 'life's about to take a turn for the better. Type Amen if you agree' ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭wallywhittle

"Strange t tink dat dat 1 person u wud tink abou wud have ye down in d dumps like a junkie lookin for his fix."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

"Strange t tink dat dat 1 person u wud tink abou wud have ye down in d dumps like a junkie lookin for his fix."

There's a special place in hell reserved for people who type with an accent :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

It's like the dim-witted second cousin (twice removed) of English.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

tailgunner wrote: »
    It's like the dim-witted second cousin (twice removed) of English.

That was English?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

*%$£"£$%$ has checked in at %^$£$ hospital.......

cue; Hope ur ok hun, hope ur ok hun etc etc etc

FLUICH OFF

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

"Friends are the family we choose for ourselves" with collage accompanying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

It's a sign of real dedication to this thread that when I read the word 'collage' I assumed it meant 'college' as usual...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

I kid you not, on my facebook page yesterday:

"Bodies needed at grange community collage we have polititions blocked in !!"

The poor polititions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Sounds like they were stuck! :pac:

Fishyfreak wrote: »
    I kid you not, on my facebook page yesterday:

"Bodies needed at grange community collage we have polititions blocked in !!"

The poor polititions.

Great misspelling of politicians to be fair. And with the obligatory spelling of 'collage'. That's got to be a full house in Facebook Bad Spelling Bingo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

"Just been ripped off. On facebook yesterday, and got a message with the tesco logo on it. Giving away 500 vouchers for €500. Entered the site still with the tesco logo and had to answer a simple question and give phone number. Like a fool or just a normal trusting person I gave them my phone number and within 30 seconds €15 was taken off my vodafone account. So furious"

One reply was "hi **** did you contact Tesco?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

"fewerous :mad:"

May God have mercy on us all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

The new one that's doing my tits in, when a girl (Sorry ladies, it's only females doing this on my newsfeed) posts a birthday message for a friend of theirs complete with pics. Not pics of the birthday person you see, that wouldn't be self obsessed enough, it has to be all pics of the two of them and the birthday wisher just happens to be done up to bits in them.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

"Just been ripped off. On facebook yesterday, and got a message with the tesco logo on it. Giving away 500 vouchers for €500. Entered the site still with the tesco logo and had to answer a simple question and give phone number. Like a fool or just a normal trusting person I gave them my phone number and within 30 seconds €15 was taken off my vodafone account. So furious"

I remember getting scammed about 5 years ago by clicking a Bebo link which forced me to put in my number to read an article. It was a painful lesson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I remember getting scammed about 5 years ago by clicking a Bebo link which forced me to put in my number to read an article. It was a painful lesson.

I think it's called a stupidity tax. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭893bet

Does this mean of there is someone you don't like you can just enter their number?

Doesn't make sense that you can reg someone else for a service and have them charged direct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

893bet wrote: »
    Does this mean of there is someone you don't like you can just enter their number?

Doesn't make sense that you can reg someone else for a service and have them charged direct.

I always enter a fake number close to my own fire online stuff that I'm not sure of. Ooops...

Though to be fair I'd never fall for anything that obvious. ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

What date is mothers day?

The Google/Google/Google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

But then how would everyone know that they love their mother?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Very graphic photo of a dead baby (supposedly aborted) on my facebook feed, I reported the post and pm'd the person who shared it (friend of friend)
    I said the following;
    "
    Hey, I don't like this post. Please remove it. Please don't share these links on public pages without warning."

The reply I got

"facebook is for everyone,the way you are going on you would think it was me that murdered that child,i hope you sent the same message to everyone else,i would not have seen it only it was sent to me,now grow up and see what abortion really is,MURDER

from the looks of your photo (looks like your having a joint) i dont think anything would bother you abortion,murder etc"

This was my profile pic http://goo.gl/6Lg28z

"Lort acc hates wexford now ya wud b sick of bein in d same place 24/7 if i had d money in de mornin i wud go srtraight t d land down under australia only place i wants t go now ha."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

"Lort acc hates wexford now ya wud b sick of bein in d same place 24/7 if i had d money in de mornin i wud go srtraight t d land down under australia only place i wants t go now ha."

Hope he doesn't plan on staying too long. I believe there's a requirement to have a reasonable grasp on the English language in order to qualify for a visa.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

*waiting for the answer*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

We are on a bus!

Thanks for that. What an exciting life you lead.

10 minutes later
    We are on the wrong bus :-(

Hah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭893bet

kerash wrote: »
    Very graphic photo of a dead baby (supposedly aborted) on my facebook feed, I reported the post and pm'd the person who shared it (friend of friend)
    I said the following;
    "
    Hey, I don't like this post. Please remove it. Please don't share these links on public pages without warning."

The reply I got

"facebook is for everyone,the way you are going on you would think it was me that murdered that child,i hope you sent the same message to everyone else,i would not have seen it only it was sent to me,now grow up and see what abortion really is,MURDER

from the looks of your photo (looks like your having a joint) i dont think anything would bother you abortion,murder etc"

This was my profile pic http://goo.gl/6Lg28z

So you contacted a friend of a friend and asked them to remove it.

That's nearly as retarded as the post itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

I seen a photo of a women getting rode by a dog recently, reported it and got a message a few days later saying it did not go against Facebook policy.... WTF!!

I've reported some sick stuff over the years, pictures and out and out racism, every single time facebook have replied with that

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I seen a photo of a women getting rode by a dog recently, reported it and got a message a few days later saying it did not go against Facebook policy.... WTF!!

I saw that one too ages ago but I didn't click on it. It has to be the same footage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

"Woop callum did his first proper poo today! What a wopper too big greeny black good jaysus i'd show u a picture im that proud but its probably tmi right?"

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Clankatron

fussyonion wrote: »
    "Woop callum did his first proper poo today! What a wopper too big greeny black good jaysus i'd show u a picture im that proud but its probably tmi right?"

....probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

This post has been deleted.
    I've reported some sick stuff over the years, pictures and out and out racism, every single time facebook have replied with that
    Ah, but if you post a picture of a woman breastfeeding a baby, THAT they'll remove. :rolleyes:

im not one for a rant but after being out at many student nights in my time but one thing that never seems to change is a bunch of farmers gathering around in a big huddle jumping up and down like spatics bumping and sweating all over place really vexes me if there going to be that exicted over a cow calfing go rip it out of it in a cattle mart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

im not one for a rant but after being out at many student nights in my time but one thing that never seems to change is a bunch of farmers gathering around in a big huddle jumping up and down like spatics bumping and sweating all over place really vexes me if there going to be that exicted over a cow calfing go rip it out of it in a cattle mart.

??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

not a clue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Was there was a cow calving in the middle of a night out? And the poster is suggesting that the farmers ignore it and go to a cattle mart instead?

This one is really intriguing me!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Miall108

Dirty shower of nackers throwing water ballons at me car tonight .... Bunch of spatic fools ill box da head of ye nxt tym !!!! Yup Yup 7up

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Miall108 wrote: »
    Dirty shower of nackers throwing water ballons at me car tonight .... Bunch of spatic fools ill box da head of ye nxt tym !!!! Yup Yup 7up

Is that you, Joan?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement