Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Hey Guys OK I am giving full notice and writing this in advance that I will be completely coming off Facebook due to many reasons and mainly because I think its a toxic place to be on if you want to be in any professional career. So I am making the definite decision to come completely off. To my friends and family away from Ireland. My email address is XXXXXXXXXX and my mobile number is XXXXXXXX. I will be completely off this site within two days. Thanks for the experience but it leads to a lot of crap in the future.
    We'll really miss him/her. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Hey Guys OK I am giving full notice and writing this in advance that I will be completely coming off Facebook due to many reasons and mainly because I think its a toxic place to be on if you want to be in any professional career. So I am making the definite decision to come completely off. To my friends and family away from Ireland. My email address is XXXXXXXXXX and my mobile number is XXXXXXXX. I will be completely off this site within two days. Thanks for the experience but it leads to a lot of crap in the future.

Is this her?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1206491/Woman-sacked-Facebook-boss-insult-forgetting-added-friend.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

After a wave of 'u ok hun?' And 'block them' one person suggested setting up a new page.

'I cant guys someone is out to ruin me its just not save'

She blocked 165 people apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

After a wave of 'u ok hun?' And 'block them' one person suggested setting up a new page.

'I cant guys someone is out to ruin me its just not save'

Ahe blocked 165 people apparently

You should PM all of us his page so we can overwhelm him with friend requests.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

I doubt 165 people have the problem, they're problem the lucky ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

So someone is out to get them, so they posted their email and mobile number publically? Dope!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

So someone is out to get them, so they posted their email and mobile number publically? Dope!
    How can someone be out to get them?

Don't have you profile public.
    Don't accept friend requests.

But then again, it's a she. That attention needs seeking. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Taylor365 wrote: »
    But then again, it's a she. That attention needs seeking. :rolleyes:

Aye, that's women for you. If they're not fainting or eating chocolate, they're out attention seeking. Women! Know your place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Know you're your place!

They should be working on the switchboard in a telecoms office patching me through to number 3145

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Why do people put up posts directed at their attacker/person who stole from them?
    As if that person's on your feed.

E.G, post from this evening;

"To the out n out scumbag who stole me auntys handbag from the bingo earlier u dont no who your messing with sonnyboy to anyone out ther who knows who it was tell me his name and where he lives and il look after ya"

An hour later he's advertising sport shoes of dubious origin with the post:

"Size six Nikes for sale, can also get aftershave tomorrow and razors on Sunday anything else u want buzz me"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Golaco

fussyonion wrote: »
    Why do people put up posts directed at their attacker/person who stole from them?
    As if that person's on your feed.

E.G, post from this evening;

"To the out n out scumbag who stole me auntys handbag from the bingo earlier u dont no who your messing with sonnyboy to anyone out ther who knows who it was tell me his name and where he lives and il look after ya"

An hour later he's advertising sport shoes of dubious origin with the post:

"Size six Nikes for sale, can also get aftershave tomorrow and razors on Sunday anything else u want buzz me"

What a man! Refusing to let a little setback like an aunt's mugging get in the way of his business interests!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭fathead82

"Lovely morning for a walk with d girls, love my fur babies". Followed by 28 photos of her 2 dogs.
    Iv been to their house & her "fur babies" spend 23 & a half hours a day locked in a 4 foot X 4 foot pen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭Little Lion Woman

This appeared on my news feed

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So they're going to be lazy then.... Nothing wrong with Lazy Sundays but call them what they are.

That gave me diarrmea…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Seven months gone, two to go, it's going far too quickly for my liking but I can't wait to meet our little prawn. #hellolittleprawn #daddywantstomeetyou

A cousin of mine was tagged in this. I want to claw my eyes out. Little prawn? WTF ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Little prawn ! Eeuww:(

Is that any thing to do with crabs I wonder ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

73Cat wrote: »
    Seven months gone, two to go, it's going far too quickly for my liking but I can't wait to meet our little prawn. #hellolittleprawn #daddywantstomeetyou

A cousin of mine was tagged in this. I want to claw my eyes out. Little prawn? WTF ??

God hopefully they won't get so wrapped up in the nickname they try to remove the babys head at birth.

You should forever more do your best District 9 impression when speaking to/about the child

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Not Facebook but I got a Snapchat from my 25 year old cousin who only months ago had the whole family worried with an illness.

It was a 10 second video of the dashboard of his car and the road as he drove at night. The snap had the text "Heading to Cork" on it and the speedometer was reading 120 kmph. Since he lives in West Cork he definitely was not on a motorway.

Dumbass!:mad::mad::mad:

Lisha wrote: »
    Little prawn ! Eeuww:(

Is that any thing to do with crabs I wonder ?

A reference to the fella's manhood?

From numerous people

'day * of my c9 and feeling great'

People losing weight because they are not eating shocker

From numerous people

'day * of my c9 and feeling great'

People losing weight because they are not eating shocker

What's a C9 when it's at home? Is it a souped up Sinclair C5?

What's a C9 when it's at home? Is it a souped up Sinclair C5?

It's the process of eating pretty much nothing ams drinking aloe vera gel or something, can't be bothered asking them or they will think I'm interested

It's the process of eating pretty much nothing ams drinking aloe vera gel or something, can't be bothered asking them or they will think I'm interested

Ah, a quick google reveals that it is a diet for morons. Genuinely never heard of it before. You learn something new everyday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Are they French? I have heard babies referred to as "crevettes" over here.
    http://www.wordreference.com/fren/crevette

Are they French? I have heard babies referred to as "crevettes" over here.
    http://www.wordreference.com/fren/crevette

No, they are English. Her "profession" is baby maker at Baby Making. Oh sweet Jesus :(. It was accompanied by a Jack Daniels t shirt clad bump shot. I love prawns but I'm going to feel nauseous now at the thought of a Thai green prawn curry :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Her "profession" is baby maker at Baby Making.

Ah. Prepare yourself for the next 18 years of mommy martyr posts and status updates everytime her little prawn sneezes/shítes/pukes....

Ah. Prepare yourself for the next 18 years of mommy martyr posts and status updates everytime her little prawn sneezes/shítes/pukes....

Thankfully I only saw this as a cousin of mine was tagged in the status, it's not actually a friend of mine. That would be grounds to delete my account altogether :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

No, they are English. Her "profession" is baby maker at Baby Making. y :(
    Baby Making? Is that an Irish company? Quoted on the Stock Exchange?

• Advertisement

coolhull wrote: »
    Baby Making? Is that an Irish company? Quoted on the Stock Exchange?

It's the parent company of Full Time Mad Bastards Ltd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Loughc wrote: »
    It's the parent company of Full Time Mad Bastards Ltd.

Yes and many employees get their qualifications from 'da skool of life'

Lisha wrote: »
    Yes and many employees get their qualifications from 'da skool of life'

Is that a sister college of The School of Hard Knocks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

you mod christmas?? lol what do you do for the rest of the year?

you mod christmas?? lol what do you do for the rest of the year?

Your ma :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

Your ma :pac:

ouch

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

affiliated with the school of none , didnt go???

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

About Women's Day:

"Well, it has been a peachy day of glorious memes about brilliant women in history who were not recognized for their achievements in life. Well, all I can say is welcome to the ****in party ladies, as there are a whole lot more woman who have achieved and not been recognized. Here is to all the women who were not physicists, mathematicians, and all those other fine highfalutin careers... Here is to the women who gave their heart and soul to survive one day to the next, raise their children without the assistance of a juvenile detention center, and quietly dreamed of a better life that she never received. To these ladies, I wish to show my admiration and respect."

Still on FB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Still on FB.

Did you ever doubt that they wouldn't be? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Tetra wrote: »
    About Women's Day:

"Well, it has been a peachy day of glorious memes about brilliant women in history who were not recognized for their achievements in life. Well, all I can say is welcome to the ****in party ladies, as there are a whole lot more woman who have achieved and not been recognized. Here is to all the women who were not physicists, mathematicians, and all those other fine highfalutin careers... Here is to the women who gave their heart and soul to survive one day to the next, raise their children without the assistance of a juvenile detention center, and quietly dreamed of a better life that she never received. To these ladies, I wish to show my admiration and respect."

I think that's quite nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Pictures of minions being used to spread passive aggressive messages. Kind of like this.

Stop ruining minions. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

I think that's quite nice.

Why the need to denigrate other women's achievements tho?

Can we not praise mothers etc without it being at the expense of other women who achieve in other fields?

ivytwine wrote: »
    Why the need to denigrate other women's achievements tho?

Can we not praise mothers etc without it being at the expense of other women who achieve in other fields?

I didn't think it was denigrating other women's achievements at all. I think it was just saying high achievers who weren't lauded in their day are not alone in not receiving their due of respect and acknowledgement, that everyday,ordinary women are under appreciated too for their contribution in raising good kids/citizens against the odds. Lots of high achievers have a mum or teacher or female somewhere in their background who quietly contributed to their success so I'm sure they'd agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I didn't think it was denigrating other women's achievements at all. I think it was just saying high achievers who weren't lauded in their day are not alone in not receiving their due of respect and acknowledgement, that everyday,ordinary women are under appreciated too for their contribution in raising good kids/citizens against the odds. Lots of high achievers have a mum or teacher or female somewhere in their background who quietly contributed to their success so I'm sure they'd agree.

So the word 'highfalutin' was not meant in a derogatory fashion?

Pherekydes wrote: »

Well given i'm 99% certain it was posted by someone who probably didn't complete the leaving cert, i'd say so. At least it was formatted pretty well, this is why we should keep the junior cert as is :D But hey, at least she can get pregnant and mind her own kids, cause you know that deserves a round of applause these days.

Pherekydes wrote: »

No, not in my opinion. Would "lofty" or "grand" be less offensive to you? To me it's just a lighthearted synonym.
    I think anyone finding it derogatory in the context would be going to absolute pains to do so.

Cormac... wrote: »
    Well given i'm 99% certain it was posted by someone who probably didn't complete the leaving cert, i'd say so. At least it was formatted pretty well, this is why we should keep the junior cert as is :D But hey, at least she can get pregnant and mind her own kids, cause you know that deserves a round of applause these days.

Wow, are you really chiming in on a conversation about denigrating people with that contribution?
    Do you think someone's opinion deserves to be derided because of their level of education, or that offering a derogatory and completely ignorant opinion on someone else's educational background because you don't agree with their post is acceptable?
    I can't say I find much in your post to recommend the leaving cert standard education that you seem so proud of.

Wow, are you really chiming in on a conversation about denigrating people with that contribution?
    Do you think someone's opinion deserves to be derided because of their level of education, or that offering a derogatory and completely ignorant opinion on someone else's educational background because you don't agree with their post is acceptable?
    I can't say I find much in your post to recommend the leaving cert standard education that you seem so proud of.

k

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »
    k

Another win there for the critical thinking faculties and eloquent repartee you developed during your Leaving Cert years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement