Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I'll see booth of those and raise you a guy who has his name spelled incorrectly.

His fucking name.

I really hope his name is Joe or Dave just to make it extra special!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭893bet

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I'll see booth of those and raise you a guy who has his name spelled incorrectly.

His fucking name.

Possibly intentional? So he can't be searched for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

jimmii wrote: »

Tim

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Tim

Tim, Tim, nice but dim?

:pac: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

jimmii wrote: »

Or booth maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

RainyDay wrote: »
    Or booth maybe?

As in John-Wilkes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

A girl I know changed her name on Facebook the day after she got married...and spelt it wrong. Another friend spotted it and told her. She had to leave it a week or so before Facebook allowed her to change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭jimboblep

ratmouse wrote: »
    The amount of people who can't differentiate between "you're" and "your" is obvious at an alarmingly high rate on Facebook. Is primary school education really so inadequate that people never grasped the basic difference?

Grammar the difference between
    knowing your sh! T And knowing You're sh! T

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

"De foreigners across the road are the only ones who havnt put banners n flags up outside der house but theyr happy to live here and take our money an our jobs! fcuk off!!!! its our day anyway n uv'e no rite even bein here! fcuk yiz all time for the pub woo!!"

Unfriended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

fussyonion wrote: »
    "De foreigners across the road are the only ones who havnt put banners n flags up outside der house but theyr happy to live here and take our money an our jobs! fcuk off!!!! its our day anyway n uv'e no rite even bein here! fcuk yiz all time for the pub woo!!"

Unfriended.

Got a similar one

"O Connell street parmell street moore street tyrellstown blanch sad but true how did these people get here there is no direct flights from their countries to dublin and refugee law means the first country they land in they have to seek refugee status there **** Mary Robinson and the goons in charge and all the do Gooders which want them spongers in our cointry"

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭17larsson

Got a similar one

"O Connell street parmell street moore street tyrellstown blanch sad but true how did these people get here there is no direct flights from their countries to dublin and refugee law means the first country they land in they have to seek refugee status there **** Mary Robinson and the goons in charge and all the do Gooders which want them spongers in our cointry"

That damn Mary Robinson, what good did she ever do to anybody...

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

^ ^
    Maybe those gobsh*tes should ask their relatives in Australia, the US and Britain to explain it to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Unfriended.

With Irish people like that no wonder they didn't put up any flags!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Unfriended.

Everytime you post, I get comfortable, pop open some Taytos, and prepare myself :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

:pac::pac: Eh....thanks for letting us know.
    Holy JESUS I've got ovulation pains like never before!
    By body clearly is trying extremely hard to make a baby lmfao!
    Too bad I catch 'em all before they get a chance to make it to the holy grail!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Kovu wrote: »

Ara now.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

Kovu wrote: »

i weep for humanity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

893bet wrote: »
    Possibly intentional? So he can't be searched for?

Nope.

It was pointed out to him and was changed back when Facebook allowed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Posted this about 2 weeks ago
    PandaPoo wrote: »
    Girl posts picture of ultrasound scan. Says she's 12 weeks pregnant.
    "together 4 months with the love of me life"

Her boyfriend 'ah are little pride n joy. Love you both so much'
    Her 'we love you twice as much babe'
    Him 'not possible, best 4 months of me life. Love you 2 way more xxxx'

Edit, there's more.
    Her 'so small xxxx'
    Him ' i know so cute babe xxxxx'

Update
    Finished with the girl carrying my child but I will stay strong n be there for the child single life ur better off lads its gonna be hard moving on but it has to be done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

The only way that could be more entertaining is if the baby arrives earlier than expected looking nothing like the daddy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

that's just so sad. Contraception, contraception, contraception. I hope he's prepared for the maintenance bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Posted this about 2 weeks ago

Update

And more benefits for the single mum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

that's just so sad. Contraception, contraception, contraception. I hope he's prepared for the maintenance bill.

What a mess! Poor child.
    Ffs, this is when my inner Jeremy Kyle shrieks, 'well stick summat on de end ov it in future'

Lisha wrote: »
    What a mess! Poor child.
    Ffs, this is when my inner Jeremy Kyle shrieks, 'well stick summat on de end ov it in future'

A few days his status was something like 'I love my missus so much, no more fighting, its not worth it and I love you too much. Never fighting again!!!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

A few days his status was something like 'I love my missus so much, no more fighting, its not worth it and I love you too much. Never fighting again!!!'

Wtf! I dunno, it's like there's no 'dating' anyore. Couple meet, shag, move in and are expecting a child before they get a chance to get to know each other.
    I miss 'courting' . Sounds archaic now but it had its plAce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Lisha wrote: »
    Wtf! I dunno, it's like there's no 'dating' anyore. Couple meet, shag, move in and are expecting a child before they get a chance to get to know each other.
    I miss 'courting' . Sounds archaic now but it had its plAce.

I doubt there was any "moving in" for this couple. I'd wager that both are still living at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

:rolleyes:

It's always the ones that are most extrovert of their 'love' that last the least.

I don't even look in my missus' direction when i'm around her...

...cause she's not real. I'm so lonely! :'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Taylor365 wrote: »
    ...cause she's not real. I'm so lonely! :'(

Sex between two people is called a twosome, and between three is called a threesome.

That must be why they call you handsome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

^ What a well placed signature :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Gotta be one of the most ill advised adverts I've seen on FB

0j21Q7Q.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

maximoose wrote: »
    Gotta be one of the most ill advised adverts I've seen on FB

0j21Q7Q.jpg

Ah that has to be someone taking the p1ss. Waaay too close to the original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭Little Lion Woman

Walkin along notice a bird flappin in a bush its stuck.... upon closer inspection it has blue thread wrapped around its foot and its traling behind the poor bird so i reached in and saved the bird after i got the thread off its foot it then bit me and flew away but i dont care im dead chuffed with myself for saveing the ungratefull bird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Ah that has to be someone taking the p1ss. Waaay too close to the original.

I thought so too when I first saw it, but it seems to be a legit 'nail bar' place completely unaware that their image looks like a streched anus :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bud1970

How about those irritating chain messages that do the rounds on peoples status's?. share this and money will come to you. share the lord and he will reward you, comment amen if you love yer maw, etc....... Oh please, would ye ever all **** off somewhere and wise up!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Miall108

How about those scumbag/boyracer statuses: "Garda Checkpoint at (insert name of place)"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Mallagio

Remember reading this somewhere....

"How many periods do you have to miss before you know you're pregnant??"

Mother of Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Mallagio wrote: »
    Remember reading this somewhere....

"How many periods do you have to miss before you know you're pregnant??"

Mother of Jesus.

I wouldn't be basing it on her to be honest, she never even took the D to get preggers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Relations who you know have never lost anyone close to them, constantly putting up poems and inspirational quotes on the loss of a loved one. The other day it was about losing your Dad. I really don't understand the thought process behind this. Get a grip, you actually have no idea what it's like to lose your Dad :(

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

This makes my brain hurt...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

conor_ie wrote: »
    This makes my brain hurt...

I laughed way too loud at this!

You're missing a trick if you don't reply, "No you're not allowed to look at pictures of it, to prove it I'm going to post a picture of it on your page right now. Look away now!!"

This is an American account, most likely been posted but here goes anyway..... No words.

"LOL just found a phone from the 90s with a hashtag! Twitter wasn't even invented then, why did they need a hashtag back then?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Mallagio wrote: »
    This is an American account, most likely been posted but here goes anyway..... No words.

"LOL just found a phone from the 90s with a hashtag! Twitter wasn't even invented then, why did they need a hashtag back then?"

Dear Lord. This is when you really need to start worrying about who,or what even, is breathing the same air as the rest of us "more informed" individuals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Not fb related but I made the mistake of adding a young mother of snapchat......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

"Meet you in town tomorrow for lunch?"
    "Yes! Whereabouts?"
    "Daniel O'Donnell statue? 1pm?"
    "Great. See ya then".

Not one person corrected her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

"Little note to all u people out there that have never seen a child throw a tantrum.
    My child is 4 he can be an angel or he can be a right wee skitter. He throws tantrums like every other 4 year old, especially when he is tired.
    There is no need to stare and look at me like I'm an alien in whatever way I choose to deal with that, I am his mum, if I decide to walk away and try to ignore it, that's how I try to deal with it it that doesn't work I will try a different method?
    Don't like it? Away and look at ur own Angels don't stare at me and make my child's tantrum even more of an issue than it already is!
    Thank u!
    ‪#‎rantover‬"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Nib wrote: »
    "Little note to all u people out there that have never seen a child throw a tantrum.
    My child is 4 he can be an angel or he can be a right wee skitter. He throws tantrums like every other 4 year old, especially when he is tired.
    There is no need to stare and look at me like I'm an alien in whatever way I choose to deal with that, I am his mum, if I decide to walk away and try to ignore it, that's how I try to deal with it it that doesn't work I will try a different method?
    Don't like it? Away and look at ur own Angels don't stare at me and make my child's tantrum even more of an issue than it already is!
    Thank u!
    ‪#‎rantover‬"

I had to look twice and then doubted I was spelling it right but she did actually spell angel correctly. The final seal has been broken, the end of days is upon us!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

"Meet you in town tomorrow for lunch?"
    "Yes! Whereabouts?"
    "Daniel O'Donnell statue? 1pm?"
    "Great. See ya then".

Not one person corrected her.

I'll be there at 1pm tomorrow. When I see what looks like to people meeting up in that location, I'll walk up to the woman. I'll show her this, call her a silly b1tch and walk off :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

DVDM93 wrote: »
    I'll be there at 1pm tomorrow. When I see what looks like to people meeting up in that location, I'll walk up to the woman. I'll show her this, call her a silly b1tch and walk off :)

Make sure it's Daniel O'Donnell statue that you are at, not that other Daniel... :D

"The only time that my wife screams my name in bed is when I fart in my sleep."

:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement