Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

face1990 wrote: »
    When I saw these, I had to screencap them. Both from the same person:

16ktk7k.jpg

efqbe8.jpg

is "tew" now a txt spk replacement for "too"? they've got the same amount of fcuking letters!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 rocketchick

I actually was embarrassed for them reading that drivel...:o seriously how old are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

My Mazing? :eek:

It's what one of the lovebirds said to the other in the pic you posted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

I actually was embarrassed for them reading that drivel...:o seriously how old are they?

Early 20s :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

One more, from the same person again, this time having the most vomit and cringe-inducing love-up with their significant other:
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2r3h5kj.jpg

I don't see the point in unfriending people like that! It's free entertainment.

FFS Its impossible to figure out which one of these retards is male. He needs to have a word with himself. Absolute softcock

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

16ktk7k.jpg

efqbe8.jpg

I'd love to think that those people were just taking the piss. But really deep down I know they're real.... and it scares me. :(

what on earth have u got on hun x
    .Me sailors owtfit x x
    . oh ok x
    . Does it nt luk nice lyk? X
    i dont know u can only c the top half x
    not beeing nasty but this is a horrible photo you look retarded! its the angle u have took the photo x
    Thnx chk x x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

k.p.h wrote: »
    I'm loosing my faith in humanity, seriously, I'm not messing this is not even funny.

If we can somehow just separate them from the rest of society...
    That is one of the worst things I've ever read off of Facebook though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Someone I know has started to use 2 letter V's instead of W

So it'd be something like "vvhat are your plans for the day?"

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 BabeeB

It RECKS My Head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 BabeeB

Someone should put up a barrier to stupid status'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

my sister told me she knows this girl in NUIG who puts up useless statuses all the time.

The worst one she told me about was one evening her granny had just died and she posted something like "r.i.p granny, gonna miss u loads xxx"
    About 20 minutes later she posted "cant wait for x-factor tonite, i hope katie goes!"

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

From a fella, who is homosexual. Behold:

I'm having a BABY :)!! ..I know, I'm still in shock myself but It's true lol ... It's a GIRL and I hope she acts EXACTLY like me :) *diva-ish and girly* I never knew what if felt like to have unconditional love for someone until now. And, if I'm I'm love with her already, I can only imagine what its going to be like when she gets here :) ... Btw, of course I have unconditional love for my family but this is a different type of love I have for my expecting daughter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

I would look gud with_______ for 2012 if i get same person 5times i hav to ask em ou :)

Jesus wept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I would look gud with_______ for 2012 if i get same person 5times i hav to ask em ou :)

Jesus wept.

In fairness, that stuff was all the rage when I was around 12.

But why are you friends with 12-year olds???? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭JessicaRabbit

Jesus wept.

Ugh! :eek:

leggo wrote: »
    In fairness, that stuff was all the rage when I was around 12.

But why are you friends with 12-year olds???? :P

Cos they'resexy cool!

Ah no, he's family..and almost 16!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's it.
    I mad bro.

Same guy. Frankly, it is amazing how internet-literate he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

This ****e is rife tonight..

Just not good enough,,fair play newcastle yee deserved that,,gotta get the cheque book out SIR ALEX eh,,do it ta ****

I've check this person's friend list they aren't in fact friends with Sir Alex Ferguson so I don't know how he think the fiery scot is going to see this message:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I've check this person's friend list they aren't in fact friends with Sir Alex Ferguson so I don't know how he think the fiery scot is going to see this message:eek:
    Here, clearly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

This ****e is rife tonight..

Just not good enough,,fair play newcastle yee deserved that,,gotta get the cheque book out SIR ALEX eh,,do it ta ****

Worse than that are the ones defending Ferguson. As if he's offended by the Facebook updates criticising him...

Ficheall wrote: »
    Here, clearly.

Ah yes, a roundabout way of doing it but jesus it's clever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Not a status, its a pic, of a family around a hospital bed with an old frail woman lying in it dying, and the family posing with her....

Comments underneath were RIP ***** xxxx you were not gone 24 hours after this was taken xxxx

Personally I dont think its right.... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Not a status, its a pic, of a family around a hospital bed with an old frail woman lying in it dying, and the family posing with her....

Comments underneath were RIP ***** xxxx you were not gone 24 hours after this was taken xxxx

Personally I dont think its right.... :(

I'm surprised they didn't go all the way and have a death mask made. I certainly didn't think "Time for a photo.....Cheers!" at my own father's deathbed. That is just appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

"The most horrible feelin ever...having a hole in your sock :("

you can't make this sh*t up
    It would be fair hard to put on if there wasn't a hole in it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

16ktk7k.jpg

efqbe8.jpg

Looks like they are taking the piss. The first post in the second link is written in non rtrdspk and has the correct use of an apostrophe

/analcnt

WindSock wrote: »
    Looks like they are taking the piss. The first post in the second link is written in non rtrdspk and has the correct use of an apostrophe

/analcnt
    Is that how one makes the distinction these days?
    Well, in that case there are 2 apostrophes missing in the first post in the first link, and 1 missing in the first post in the second link.

Though I'd agree, they do look a bit too thick to be true.
    There are people that thick out there though, so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Is that how one makes the distinction these days?
    Well, in that case there are 2 apostrophes missing in the first post in the first link, and 1 missing in the first post in the second link.

Though I'd agree, they do look a bit too thick to be true.
    There are people that thick out there though, so...

Yeah I would be sceptical whenever there is an apostrophe used at all, even just the one, followed by xxxtreeem txtspk. And that looked a bit extreme.

WindSock wrote: »
    Yeah I would be sceptical whenever there is an apostrophe used at all, even just the one, followed by xxxtreeem txtspk. And that looked a bit extreme.

The person is question no longer uses the 'xxxtreem txtspk' as much (the pics are quite old). I think a lot of it was affectation. Within a certain ilk it's not cool to use proper spelling & grammar.

Nevertheless I can confirm for you that are most definitely as thick as shít.

• Advertisement

And I got this gem earlier:
    who would pay to see a film about a **** like margaret tatcher how it ever got made is beyond me
    This coming from a guy who as far as I can tell has no interest in film-making beyond whatever dross Michael Bay releases every so often.

Conversation attached. So much fail.

Conversation attached. So much fail.
    So... whose posts in that conversation are the dumb ones, in your opinion?

So... whose posts in that conversation are the dumb ones, in your opinion?

He seems to know absolutely nothing about Thatcher beyond the usual (understandable) blind hatred towards her. He thinks "The Iron Lady" and "Downfall" are 'the exact same film' because they're about 'bad' people.

One of them was responsible for the mass murder of Jews, romani, homosexuals, disabled, Ethnic Poles, Soviet POWs, etcetera. I'm not sure breaking the power of the trade unions, waging the Falklands war and privatising industry etc is a valid comparison somehow.

Some other guy chimed in about the highlight of the film "is that she dies at the end...ONE HUNDRED TIMES:)". Despite the fact that she isn't dead. And his blind idiocy shows he has the intelligence of a teaspoon.

And then the original guy suggests "we must devote all of our time to creating a film that consists of margaret tatcher [sic] getting killed over and over again". To me, that sounds like a really crude propaganda piece that could be used by a repressive government. Sounds ironically Hitlerian.

Never mind the fact that we may be feeling the ultimate effects of Thatcher's de-regulation of the UK financial services sector. Not in any way relevant, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

This thread hurts my soul :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

He seems to know absolutely nothing about Thatcher beyond the usual (understandable) blind hatred towards her. He thinks "The Iron Lady" and "Downfall" are 'the exact same film' because they're about 'bad' people.

One of them was responsible for the mass murder of Jews, romani, homosexuals, disabled, Ethnic Poles, Soviet POWs, etcetera. I'm not sure breaking the power of the trade unions, waging the Falklands war and privatising industry etc is a valid comparison somehow.

Some other guy chimed in about the highlight of the film "is that she dies at the end...ONE HUNDRED TIMES:)". Despite the fact that she isn't dead. And his blind idiocy shows he has the intelligence of a teaspoon.

And then the original guy suggests "we must devote all of our time to creating a film that consists of margaret tatcher [sic] getting killed over and over again". To me, that sounds like a really crude propaganda piece that could be used by a repressive government. Sounds ironically Hitlerian.

Never mind the fact that we may be feeling the ultimate effects of Thatcher's de-regulation of the UK financial services sector. Not in any way relevant, no?

I think you were taking those comments just a little bit too seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

One more, from the same person again, this time having the most vomit and cringe-inducing love-up with their significant other:
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2r3h5kj.jpg

I don't see the point in unfriending people like that! It's free entertainment.

I'm afraid there's only one thing for that, the man has clearly gone insane and must be put down like the sick puppy he is... if he is a friend of yours you should shoot him... then if neccesaey shoot her for good measure.

• Advertisement

This person is in their mid twenties...

"if any1 of me frends on facebuk had dere birtday over d past few weeks nd i didnt say hapy b-day 2 dem, wel im sorry coz i just woznt on facebuk at all over d xmas holidays. hope yez all had gud days anyway!"

The nation breathes a sigh of relief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

It must be great craic/fun/frustration (strike out which is not applicable) playing scrabble with these clowns?

Gophur wrote: »
    It must be great craic/fun/frustration (strike out which is not applicable) playing scrabble with these clowns?

I keep hoping for "kwyjibo" to turn up in one of these statuses.

Why Are Sum Pplz Profiles Weird Lukn?

Translation - Why are some people's profiles' weird looking?

Ye tried but failed ha yur lies will geh ye no wer love so ye mite as well giv up while yur behind :D

You tried but failed ha your lies will get you nowhere love so you might as well give up while your behind.

Is it just cooler to spell like that?

I really could have wrote this whole thread. Just me and the people I can't bring myself to de -friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Why Are Sum Pplz Profiles Weird Lukn?

Translation - Why are some people's profiles' weird looking?

Ye tried but failed ha yur lies will geh ye no wer love so ye mite as well giv up while yur behind :D

You tried but failed ha your lies will get you nowhere love so you might as well give up while your behind.

Is it just cooler to spell like that?

I really could have wrote this whole thread. Just me and the people I can't bring myself to de -friend.

I actually think it must be more difficult to spell like that sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

I actually think it must be more difficult to spell like that sometimes.
    Exactly what i was thinking. I couldn't type like that if i tried....

I wonder do they have their own rules for grammar...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Ugh... How did I go to school with these people?
    K: Definitely not emotionally stable enough for twilight... why are real men such fails in comparison :(

R: I know I watched them all over crimbo!!!! Human men such a let down like !!! :)
    K: I keep having to pause it cause im over-whelmed haha ... i need an Edward i feel i deserve one... Im on the third but i dunno if i'll make it through!!.... i need to come to galway i really really do x
    R: Oh kate well god love u for the 4th one ! I no I wud love a eddie 2 but galway has - 1000 eddies in galway anyway I can tell ya that !! X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I have curly hair today :)
    Like · · Share · Yesterday at 13:42 via BlackBerry

This person is in their mid twenties...

"if any1 of me frends on facebuk had dere birtday over d past few weeks nd i didnt say hapy b-day 2 dem, wel im sorry coz i just woznt on facebuk at all over d xmas holidays. hope yez all had gud days anyway!"

The nation breathes a sigh of relief.

Ok, have another update from this person today, they used the "What does your name say about you" app on facebook, with the following result:

"You are a great writer with great ideas, and you embrace new challenges. Being overly sensitive is your biggest weakness".

Freaky ****, so spot on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

I have a relation who recently needed medical and facebook attention....

Poster "N hospial again, dis s boll0x"

Friend 1 "Ru alrit budz"

Friend 2 "Ya alrit man"

Friend 3 "Hey ******, wats wrong wit u??"

Poster "Yea il be grand boiz cheerz"

Girlfriend "OMG BABE???? WHATS WRNG!!!!!!!!

Poster "It K, il rng u l8r!

Girlfriend "So brav babi, luvs you xoxoxoxoxoxox"

Poster "I no,luv too xXXxXXx"

He had an ingrown fúcking toenail!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I have a relation who recently needed medical and facebook attention....

Poster "N hospial again, dis s boll0x"

Friend 1 "Ru alrit budz"

Friend 2 "Ya alrit man"

Friend 3 "Hey ******, wats wrong wit u??"

Poster "Yea il be grand boiz cheerz"

Girlfriend "OMG BABE???? WHATS WRNG!!!!!!!!

Poster "It K, il rng u l8r!

Girlfriend "So brav babi, luvs you xoxoxoxoxoxox"

Poster "I no,luv too xXXxXXx"

He had an ingrown fúcking toenail!!!!!

Poor baby! U b brav

Another from that couple I posted earlier:
    You know when you're out with a couple who are getting a bit too intimate and making everyone else a bit uncomfortable? In this case 'everyone else' is the entirety of their friends and family.
    http://i39.tinypic.com/1445lon.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Jesus this hurt to read....friends I have younger sister so came up in the side feed!
    Hannah :) ahh your ****in unreal :) your soo sound and funny and good looking :) we do be textin til like 4 in de mornin nowadays :) ahh yur really cool aswel and your a really good friend :) I didn't really talk to ya in lurgan but started after it :) me and the boys went round wi ya at the ploughing wit yu and yur mates for a bit at de end ;) killenarx sounds like Paris to the kip I live in haha :) your just completely Awsome :) hah UDW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Also I hate people checking in that they are IN BED or AT HOME or TESCOS :confused:

Worse is when they check in to "Bed" or "Going asleep now" and then add their boyfriend's name after! "XXXXX is IN BED with XXXXXX : )"

Do your 300+ friends and family really need to know that?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Another from that couple I posted earlier:
    You know when you're out with a couple who are getting a bit too intimate and making everyone else a bit uncomfortable? In this case 'everyone else' is the entirety of their friends and family.
    http://i39.tinypic.com/1445lon.jpg

Oh dear god!:eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement