Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Someone on my list spent all day posting statuses about cleaning their bedroom. I know it's a boring task... but seriously, does everyone need to share this boredom?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

For some reason that seems oddly brilliant to me.
    Guessing it was kinda irritating in reality though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

My cousins wife answered this question "Should ryan tubridy wear a tie on the late late show every friday" ......... seriously?

I didn't see the option for "Yes, with the other end tied to the rafters!"

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭mccarte2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

mccarte2 wrote: »

it's a hoax.

a hoax that has been posted countless times and even had it's own thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

summerskin wrote: »
    it's a hoax.

a hoax that has been posted countless times and even had it's own thread.
    Of course it's a hoax. It's still funny though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

antodeco wrote: »
    I deleted a load of friends from my page because I realised I wasn't friends with them. I knew them, that's all. The catalyst was loads saying they were coming to my 30th, and never turned up. Not even a text. Nothing even on my birthday. If people who live 5 minutes away are like that, then no, not my friends!

Anyway, there's people I know who keep posting a countdown to the next twilight movie. Posting up pictures of them as twilight people and super imposing their faces beside the main guy from twilight. It's kinda scarey, and sad!

There's going to be another Twilight movie? http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/5159766/480/ETS/Are-You-****ing-Kidding-Me-HD-by-CrusierPL.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

"Why are so many ppl talkin and writing like muppets? I know we all shorten our wrds wen we txt or leave status' but ppl re jus makin up words now and lookin stupid! If its not in any dictionary its not a real word with a real meaning people!!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

How long will this go on for??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

had one on my feed there:
    'anyone kn0w the english dialling code?'

was going to reply 900913, but, well, theres no need to be smart

I dont get it. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

900913=Google?
    They probably would dial that:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

tvercetti wrote: »
    How long will this go on for??

I hate these ones....its all weight loss and exercise during the week and then today...."great night, im dying, getting a chinese"

If exercise is truly a a part of your daily routine and life you wouldnt feel the need to update facebook on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

There's a couple on "my Facebook" that talk to each other though their Facebook statutes.

"had a great weekend darling, I love you so much."

"food luck tomorrow babe xxxx "

You live in the same fcukong house...what are you doing????"

Better not be me. I did that once. Sh1thead!!!

• Advertisement

holy jaysis!!
    ONCE YOU'VE STARTED READINGTHIS YOU CAN'T GET OUT! rEAD ON IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DIE
    ... .........A year ago A girl named Kathy was hated by everyone. Everyone made fun of her. She was ignored. Even by messages. One day she decided to kill h...erself. Because even her parents ignored her. She jumed out her window. No one noticed utill people started dissapearing. Kathy haunted them. She made them suffer like the way she did. She hung them slowly and stabed them over and over very slowly so they could suffer like she did.
    If you don't send this message to 15 diffrent comments you will die tonight by Kathy. Because she considers it ignooring her.
    Example 1:
    Dave looked at the first sentece and said,"Spam" And the next day the neighbors foundhim in his backyard, dead.
    Example 2:
    Joane was alone. She didn't have kids or a husband. She had alot of friends. When She had a sleepover with them she quickly had to check her e-mail.She saw this message and sentit to only 6 people because she thought she couldn't die that night beacuse she was surounded by people. The next morning Joane's friends found her in her bathtub, dead.
    If you don't send this, Kathy WILL find you

holy jaysis!!

Shes haunting facebook users world wide from the grave. Woooooooohooooo, spooky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Anyone? I think its a total waste of time, recently deleted my account. Wrecked my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

I'm not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭the_pits

Bring back Bebo

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

yea facebook is a total waste of time

this thread definitely isnt though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Hardly had to delete your a/c? Why not just not go on as much or never at all, but if you really wanted to talk to some long lost friend or family abroad you still have the ability to do so? Never understand why people feel the need to delete their accounts., why would you limit yourself, its great for talking to family members abroad etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Na. on boards atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

You

/thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Old Tom

I'm not. Never was, never will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I go on it maybe once a week, I think my mother would have a mental breakdown if facebook was shut down:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭seantorious

lazygal wrote: »
    Anyone? I think its a total waste of time, recently deleted my account. Wrecked my head.

No you didn't, why not find something better to be outraged about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

It's hard to not be on it if you're in the 18-24 age bracket, almost everything is organised via facebook now, the days of the good old fashioned text message are well and truly over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

No, no-one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

people who aren't on facebook make such a big deal out of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killed By Death

I deleted myself about 6 months ago. I had accepted everybody which was a mistake. Should have just kept it strictly to family and friends but ended up with loads of colleagues, ex colleagues, people I met at parties once, that kind of thing.....meant I could never use the thing.

I'm pretty shy anyway so I prefer not having it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

It really is becoming the new "we don't do television in this house" line isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Jesus Nut

Deleted mine a while back aswell. Life is much better talking to people face to face or on the phone.
    The thing that bugged me with FB was everyone knew when you pissed last sort of thing (literally in some cases!!!!!)

Anyways, its in a bubble like bebo and its going to pop over the next year or 2 in my opinion because some new site will come along just like what happened to bebo in 2008.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I need to make a Facebook account some day

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ohyesthefinest

Believe it or not, I amn't. However I try to the best of my ability to read group pages of television programes etc, until I'm asked to sign in. :(

When the forced switch to Timeline is imposed I am really considering deleting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Yes I am not on facebook
    I opened an acc, nut the acc is not used.
    I just don't think it is my thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

lazygal wrote: »
    I do to be able to view family / friends pics I'm linked to, other than that, no. I don't get it. I don't have the time to be poxing about on something so pointless and quite frankly attention-seeking bull shyte anyway.
    I need to make a Facebook account some day
    No ya don't ;)

/rubs belly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I love it so much, i have two accounts.
    One for me, one for my alter ego.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

I love it so much, i have two accounts.
    One for me, one for my alter ego.

What do you call your alter ego?

Can I be his/her friend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭IsaMtq

Had a fb account when it first started, 500 friends later I was obsessed, would spend hours looking at my own photos! Photos of friends, friends friends, friends friends friends, etc. people I don’t know and don’t give two shoots about – and came to the conclusion I was a fecking moron, closed my account and freed up a lot of time! Emails do the job now, I definitely don’t have 500 people I need to be in touch with!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

I don't have one. I don't really want one that much to be honest. It might be useful for contact, but I have a phone for that anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I don't have FB account but I have access to one :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

I'm not on FB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Abi wrote: »

No ya don't ;)

/rubs belly

But if I was on facebook you could "like" my panda pics!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

But if I was on facebook you could "like" my panda pics!

I "like" your avatar every night Gummy, who needs facebook ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭Helium

No, I'm not on Faecesbook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

Anyone not on Boards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Jesus Nut wrote: »
    Deleted mine a while back aswell. Life is much better talking to people face to face or on the phone.
    The thing that bugged me with FB was everyone knew when you pissed last sort of thing (literally in some cases!!!!!)

Anyways, its in a bubble like bebo and its going to pop over the next year or 2 in my opinion because some new site will come along just like what happened to bebo in 2008.

And when you got pissed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

It's completely head recking, it's just for small girls and nosy people who...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement