Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

leggo wrote: »
    I dunno.

My big bugbear with checking in is when it's grossly abused. For example:

'Josephine Twatface has checked in...snuggled on my luvvly blue couch eatin sum wine gums n drinkin red wine'

Then they later checked into 'the land of nod' despite clearly being awake enough to feel the need to beat their Facebook friends over the head with pointless information about their lives.

But if they have somewhere interesting to check in then it's another story. A childhood friend of mine is now a professional footballer, and I become obscenely excited when he checks into the likes of Highbury or Elland Road ahead of a game. Notsomuch Anfield though.

If you're gonna ask "why check in?", then by extension you have to ask "why social network at all?" Why use boards even? Why do randomers need to know what you think about travellers? Why talk to colleagues in work...do they really care how your day is?? Don't say nuthin' to nobody unless it's absolutely essential you do so!

But that's a bit boring then, isn't it?

As with everything, the key is moderation.
    Good post. I've never understood people with 20k/30k posts on here harping on about not being on fb. Big deal..Blue Peter badges are in the post! Your fb experience is as good as your friends you have in it,I personally think its a great online tool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Good post. I've never understood people with 20k/30k posts on here harping on about not being on fb. Big deal..Blue Peter badges are in the post! Your fb experience is as good as your friends you have in it,I personally think its a great online tool

I think its good for staying in touch with old friends and such. But some people just go on to be an idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

after a friends childs birthday party her sister comments on a picture of the child with a new princess scooter of some sort

my friend replies back

"yeah she was delighted, her grand dad gave it to her anal"

obviousley trying to say "and all"..not one person commented, then I couldnt comment to remove it because i'd look like the pervert..still havent said it to her to this day about it

snuggles09 wrote: »
    after a friends childs birthday party her sister comments on a picture of the child with a new princess scooter of some sort

my friend replies back

"yeah she was delighted, her grand dad gave it to her anal"

obviousley trying to say "and all"..not one person commented, then I couldnt comment to remove it because i'd look like the pervert..still havent said it to her to this day about it

Haha thats gas.

You should "like" it, then she would get the hint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

some silly bint posted this on her profile: washing is on

• Advertisement

Well now that doesent make much sence, does it? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the silly tart just updated her profile with: my darling guinea pig has decided to watch tv with me, bless

ive now one less fiend

the silly tart just updated her profile with: my darling guinea pig has decided to watch tv with me, bless

ive now one less fiend

Is she a child or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Does anyone know if it true that Samantha Mumba is dead???????/
    Like · · 17 March at 18:46 ·
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx o god elaine dont no were u here dat x
    17 March at 20:04 · Like

xxxxxxxx No xxxxx. The guy who collapsed on the pitch is called Mumba. X
    17 March at 20:11 · Like

xxxxxxxxxxx i know xxxxxxx me and xxxxxxxx were watching the game, but xxxxxxxx heard earlier that samantha mumba died yesterday must have just been a rumour!!
    17 March at 20:35 · Like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Facebook: Providing a place for stupid people to publicly embarrass themselves since 2004.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

MyKeyG wrote: »

Cuz you a grapevine innit :D !! Freethankers for the work!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Big Johnson

A friend recently posted 'look mom how big my poo is' with a picture of xxx's giant excrement in the toilet surrounded by urine.

Then a two people commented saying
    'wow that is so big!' and 'how did you do one that size' and getting around 5 likes.

Do your friends really want to see your sh!te in toilet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I was downsizing my *friends*list on FB two weeks ago, deleted people who mean nothing to me and a few whom I only had met once or twice including a woman I had only met once for about half an hour.

She went ape **** and I got abusive text messages and voicemails.

WTF :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

EGAR wrote: »
    I was downsizing my *friends*list on FB two weeks ago, deleted people who mean nothing to me and a few whom I only had met once or twice including a woman I had only met once for about half an hour.

She is your mum in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ballocavendish

I remember on Pancake tuesday a couple of years back, a girl telling us on facebook how she felt so sorry for people in Haiti and would it be possible to send pancake mix to them.

She was deadly serious..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

EGAR wrote: »

how would you even know if someone deleted you, you'd nearly have to have a list of everyone your friends with and be checking it regularly or if your number of friends when down

she sounds like a nutter anyway though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

keith16 wrote: »
    Saw a status of a friend of a friend earlier announcing the birth of their offspring...went something like this...

Little ball of joy arrived this morning weighing in at xlb!! Blah blah, delighted blah both blah doing well blah. With [other halves name tagged] at [hospital name / location].

Sad how people feel the need to check in / tag people in statuses at times like that.

im waiting for the day someone tags the Real da....

then the craic begins !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

batistuta9 wrote: »
    how would you even know if someone deleted you, you'd nearly have to have a list of everyone your friends with and be checking it regularly or if your number of friends when down

There's an app on Facebook to work out who is disappearing from your friend list...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

batistuta9 wrote: »

There's an app on Facebook to work out who is disappearing from your friend list...

I didn't think any of those apps actually worked though ...?

And what kind of a loser would use it anyways?! If you're close to the person, you'll notice that they're gone when you go to mail them or whatever. And, if you're not close enough that you'd notice them missing, without the app ... then why would you even care that they deleted you?!

Some strange people out there ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I didn't think any of those apps actually worked though ...?

And what kind of a loser would use it anyways?! If you're close to the person, you'll notice that they're gone when you go to mail them or whatever. And, if you're not close enough that you'd notice them missing, without the app ... then why would you even care that they deleted you?!

Some strange people out there ...

Apparently you set it up, it saves your list of friends, and then you check it later, and it compares the two lists.

It's very silly really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

"Just saw a midget comin out of the edge sports a while ago... Never knew they done triathlons"

:eek:

Good God that's ignorant and offensive ... and ungrammatical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

A contender for Post of the Day!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

isnt it wierd how peeople talk SHIT about you wen all they really know about you is your NAME!!!

If this is a recurring problem then I'm pretty sure the issue is with you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

After an especially crazy Saturday night out my friend checked in the next morning as "Dyin'!" at the hospital. When I saw it I couldn't stop laughing but loads of people were like, "are you okay??" or "what happened?". Haha, retards.

Another girl on facebook is going out with a guy in prison and anytime she visits him she checks in at the prison...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

I may very well be overreacting but a status that goes along the line of 'OMG crazy night last night, head splitting, serious damage was done' blah blah basically you feel you should tell everyone how wasted and how 'crazy' you were last night! :rolleyes: Congratulations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Rolli

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

Rolli wrote: »
    6863564224_c9869221a9_b.jpg

7009678495_87a03393da_b.jpg

Ahahahahahahaha! Look at it!

Crazy cat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

6863564224_c9869221a9_b.jpg

7009678495_87a03393da_b.jpg

Your laptop needs charging ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

[links removed]
    You might want to take the name out of the page title on the tab.

Can I just ask people to delete that link from the quotes in their comments?
    The girl is just a kid...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

danslevent wrote: »
    After an especially crazy Saturday night out my friend checked in the next morning as "Dyin'!" at the hospital. When I saw it I couldn't stop laughing but loads of people were like, "are you okay??" or "what happened?". Haha, retards.

Another girl on facebook is going out with a guy in prison and anytime she visits him she checks in at the prison...

Oh cringe...

The below people are now hidden from news feed

You Sed You Come And Save ME! But Im Doing The Saving♥?

not as good a day in the gym as id have liked, had a pain in my side, so only able to do 1km on the bike, so I done 2km on the cross trainer instead. didn't seem to hurt as much, must be a pulled muscle or something
    tried the stair master thing today, my god that's hard work! I think I prefer the cross trainer lol!
    to anyone getting annoyed at all my gym posts, I'm sorry, but you'll keep getting them, I'm proud of myself for doing this. and its gym time again :-P

Yea the gym ones are really doing my nut in, same person will post pics up of him in bed with a tag line of ooh I so dont wanna get up:rolleyes:

Can I just ask people to delete that link from the quotes in their comments?
    The girl is just a kid...

uhm the names are all blocked out?:rolleyes:

booboo88 wrote: »
    uhm the names are all blocked out?:rolleyes:

Not all of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

The day the Facebook thread went too far...

• Advertisement

Not all of them

I think you'll find they are if you click on each link, if you've edited the document wherever you have it saved, itll be changed on each link.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

hahahahaha my brother ordered 2 ps3 games off amazon got, 2 books in portuguess or spanish instead hahaahha

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

There's someone on my friends list who gets on my nerves with constant misery with his status updates. He puts sad faces up and stuff like "don't know what to do anymore". If he doesn't grow a pair soon I'll scream. And he's 25 which makes it worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

That one person who's always a depressed ****. "OMG so sick of it all" First comment, "whats wrong" "natin"

Oh just remembered another one! A girl I know puts up pictures of her boyfriend working out with the kg he is lifting and adds annoying captions like, "That's what you get when you eat your weetabix every mornin! xx"

I would block her but to be honest it does entertain me at times!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Just read a cracker

Good night god bless to my true friends that know me and know I'm not a 2 faced bull ****ting liar - to the rest of you who slag me and my family off I hope you **** the bed and have nightmares :-):-)

Just read a cracker

Good night god bless to my true friends that know me and know I'm not a 2 faced bull ****ting liar - to the rest of you who slag me and my family off I hope you **** the bed and have nightmares :-):-)

Completely contrasting with the "God bless" at the start! Christians :rolleyes:

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

F*cking hell. A (very young) person on my Facebook list just liked a photograph of a dead child in a coffin, with "This is <name> who died yesterday when he fell out of a tractor he was on with his grand-dad. He was only 5 years old. Share this picture to show your respects. RIP. xxxx"

I don't think my Facebook friend knew the child, it's like those "Share this status to raise awareness" things. But that picture has over 219,000 likes. :eek:

I don't see how sharing a photo of a dead child that you'd never met is showing respect! I had to click "hide story". So disturbing!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Lad I know just put up a sad face as a status. When 4 people liked it,it was swiftly deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

F*cking hell. A (very young) person on my Facebook list just liked a photograph of a dead child in a coffin, with "This is <name> who died yesterday when he fell out of a tractor he was on with his grand-dad. He was only 5 years old. Share this picture to show your respects. RIP. xxxx"

I don't think my Facebook friend knew the child, it's like those "Share this status to raise awareness" things. But that picture has over 219,000 likes. :eek:

I don't see how sharing a photo of a dead child that you'd never met is showing respect! I had to click "hide story". So disturbing!!!!!

You'd wonder how the picture made it's way onto Facebook in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Lad I know just put up a sad face as a status. When 4 people liked it,it was swiftly deleted.

That, to me, is more genuinely sad than deserving of ridicule.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭cassElliot

girls who say "eeeeeeek".

go f*ck yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭mickob16

I know a girl who put this as her status..."Just got my STD results back,I got the all clear...ye should all get checked"

Way too much info!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement