Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Comments

Plumpynutt wrote: »
    Fair enough, that's not really what I took issue with tbh, more his racism. Especially since I know one of those "Fcking foreigners" who got citizenship yesterday

Yeah, now that I've solved that mystery, I've read it properly. jaysus :rolleyes:
    paint yourself right out of the country, lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruciate_ligament

He spelled it wrong lol. I'll just add that this chap lives in Sandymount, is not short of money, and has no real requirement for "free health care"

But can he afford English writing classes?

Seriously how do people write like that. It seems like it would take more effort than basic English

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭wallpaper12

Lyk 4 ur d 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

XXXX wrote "Car loaded, tank full and on the way to Cork with YYYY for a few days break"

The YYYY replies 5 minutes later "So good to get away with you, hope you locked the house!"

FFS He's sitting 20cm away from you!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

But can he afford English writing classes?

Seriously how do people write like that. It seems like it would take more effort than basic English
    I bet every single one of those 3000 foreigners speaks better English than that cretin...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Lyk 4 ur d 1

Like for your dear one?
    Like for your dead one?
    Like for your D1 address?

what the hell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

CJC999 wrote: »
    XXXX wrote "Car loaded, tank full and on the way to Cork with YYYY for a few days break"

The YYYY replies 5 minutes later "So good to get away with you, hope you locked the house!"

FFS He's sitting 20cm away from you!!!!

wait for the "no" comment and then go and rob their house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Lyk 4 ur d 1
    danniemcq wrote: »
    Like for your dear one?
    Like for your dead one?

what the hell?

It could also be Lyk Like 4 because ur d 1 you are the one :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Somebody has the runs!....

miss x -
    Im on the lue since 5:12am

miss x -
    Time for yet another sh!t

miss x -
    Oh dear, Im legging it to the lue ever few min :*(

miss x -
    Time for sh!t number 16.. :(

Me -
    Face your problem, dont facebook it..Nobody cares... > : (

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

What really pisses me off about those kind of "Oh I'm feeling terrible/sick" like posts is that they're posting them to people who quite obviously are in way worse off situations. Don't get me wrong everyone is entitled to moan but don't not to be so bloody self centred about it either. The worst though is when two of these not-much-to-moan-about-but-moan-and-whinge-about-every-little-thing (NMTMAs :p) start a bitching match over who has the biggest trouble all the while one of the friends telling them to shut the f**k has a painfully debilitating neuro degenerative disease . Reading such posts in my feed just depresses me. :(

/end rant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭wallpaper12

danniemcq wrote: »
    Like for your dear one?
    Like for your dead one?

what the hell?

Oh god your lucky not to have ever seen Lyk 4 ur d 1 (Like for your the one)

Basically someone puts it as their status, then their stupid friends like the status and the person then goes onto all the peoples pages who liked the status and writes 'your the one who is so fun/your the one who i have a crazy time with' or similar stupid comments.
    Its so cringe inducing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Fair enough, that's not really what I took issue with tbh, more his racism. Especially since I know one of those "Fcking foreigners" who got citizenship yesterday

4000 new citizens in one day? What a joke.

Thats 35,000 in just over a year.

Thousands of whom cannot get passports as the PO doesnt believe they are who they say they are, yet Shatter made them "Irish".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Just saw this work of genius on a facebook friend's wall:
    ha ha poker lol ill poke ya lol

IrishAm wrote: »
    4000 new citizens in one day? What a joke.

Thats 35,000 in just over a year.

Thousands of whom cannot get passports as the PO doesnt believe they are who they say they are, yet Shatter made them "Irish".

Tens of people annoyed in thread derailment this afternoon. More reports as they come in.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

It's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack :rolleyes: And wrong time of year too - breast cancer awareness month is September. Idiots.
    [Hi Girls, so here is the time of year again when we try to raise awareness for breast cancer through a game. It’s very easy and I would like ALL of you to participate. Two years ago we had to write the color of our underweadr on our wall. Men wondered for days at what was going on with random colors on girls’ walls. This year, we make references to your love life status. Do not answer to this message, just post the corresponding word on your wall AND send this message privately to all the girls in your contacts!!!!
    BLUEBERRY=single
    PINEAPPLE= it’s complicated
    RASPBERRY= I can’t/don’t want to commit
    APPLE=engaged
    CHERRY=in a relationship
    BANANA=married
    AVOCADO=I’m the better half
    STRAWBERRY=can’t find Mr. Right
    LEMON=want to be single
    RAISIN=want to get married to my partner.[/B]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

It's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack :rolleyes: And wrong time of year too - breast cancer awareness month is September. Idiots.
    [Hi Girls, so here is the time of year again when we try to raise awareness for breast cancer through a game. It’s very easy and I would like ALL of you to participate. Two years ago we had to write the color of our underweadr on our wall. Men wondered for days at what was going on with random colors on girls’ walls. This year, we make references to your love life status. Do not answer to this message, just post the corresponding word on your wall AND send this message privately to all the girls in your contacts!!!!
    BLUEBERRY=single
    PINEAPPLE= it’s complicated
    RASPBERRY= I can’t/don’t want to commit
    APPLE=engaged
    CHERRY=in a relationship
    BANANA=married
    AVOCADO=I’m the better half
    STRAWBERRY=can’t find Mr. Right
    LEMON=want to be single
    RAISIN=want to get married to my partner.[/B]

That is retarded

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Yes. Yes it is. On so very many levels :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Somebody has the runs!....

miss x -

miss x -

miss x -

miss x -

Me -

"Lue".
    How retarded do you have to be in order to misspell 'loo'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Sinfonia wrote: »
    "Lue".
    How retarded do you have to be in order to misspell 'loo'?

Its unreal, You wouldnt believe it, until you see it. :D:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

This thread is just painful. Some of the crap people put on facebook boggles the mind. It's like a car accident you want to look away but you're strangely fascinated.

Saw one today, not clever or stupid just meh:
    "so bored lyk"
    Great thanks for that, now so am I.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,929 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

On a friend's page (she's 32 btw) 'Like if you want this' followed by a pic of two tweens holding hands and it's all flowers and butterflies and farts. It was shared from some random arse's page and it already had about 50k likes. Makes me despair for humanity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Toots* wrote: »
    On a friend's page (she's 32 btw) 'Like if you want this' followed by a pic of two tweens holding hands and it's all flowers and butterflies and farts. It was shared from some random arse's page and it already had about 50k likes. Makes me despair for humanity.

Whats that about??

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,929 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

You know, mushy romantic scenery and stuff. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭Memory Of 98

According to the Irish State, I am not intelligent enough to be considered worthy of being enrolled in any State College. Yet my friend who spells the word "Quick" with a W "Kwick" is worthy of attending a very prestigious college.

Kwick de weeknd nd I get abso locked

And I thought this crap stayed on Bebo!

DONT READ THIS. YOU WILL BE KISSED ON THE NEAREST POSSIBLE FRIDAY BY
    THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE.TOMMOROW WILL BE THE BEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE. NOW
    YOU'VE STARTED READING THIS. DON'T STOP. THIS IS SO FREAKY.
    1. say your name ten times.
    2. say your mom's name five times
    3. say your crushes three times
    4. paste this to four other groups.
    If you do this, your crush will kiss you on the nearest Friday.
    But if you read this and do not paste this, then you
    will have very bad luck.
    SEND THIS TO 5 GROUPS IN 143 MINUTES. WHEN
    YOU'RE DONE PRESS F6 AND YOUR CRUSH'S NAME WILL APPEAR IN BIG LETTERS. THIS IS SO FREAKY BC IT ACTUALLY WORKS

When I see someone posting that my brain bleeds!

Jesus wept!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Halloran springs

DONT READ THIS

Grand :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

And I thought this crap stayed on Bebo!

DONT READ THIS. YOU WILL BE KISSED ON THE NEAREST POSSIBLE FRIDAY BY
    THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE.TOMMOROW WILL BE THE BEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE. NOW
    YOU'VE STARTED READING THIS. DON'T STOP. THIS IS SO FREAKY.
    1. say your name ten times.
    2. say your mom's name five times
    3. say your crushes three times
    4. paste this to four other groups.
    If you do this, your crush will kiss you on the nearest Friday.
    But if you read this and do not paste this, then you
    will have very bad luck.
    SEND THIS TO 5 GROUPS IN 143 MINUTES. WHEN
    YOU'RE DONE PRESS F6 AND YOUR CRUSH'S NAME WILL APPEAR IN BIG LETTERS. THIS IS SO FREAKY BC IT ACTUALLY WORKS

When I see someone posting that my brain bleeds!

Jesus wept!

I definitely recall that being on Bebo... How did it jump to Facebook?
    I like how it says "the nearest possible Friday" - so it's guaranteed to be true (cause it could still happen, it just hasn't been possible any of the previous Fridays :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

According to the Irish State, I am not intelligent enough to be considered worthy of being enrolled in any State College. Yet my friend who spells the word "Quick" with a W "Kwick" is worthy of attending a very prestigious college.

Kwick de weeknd nd I get abso locked

Your friend. I want to hurt him/her. If he's/she's intelligent enough to go to a fancy college then he/she is clearly putting this on to fit in.

Or he/she has wealthy parents. In which case my previous paragraph still stands.

A girl that, well I am not even friends with, so I don't know why she is on my friends list, writes the most banal and generally pathetic statuses every five minutes about her love life, or lack of to put it better.

Today she posted a status:

To go with the "LIKE" button, Facebook should have a, "I WANT TO PUNCH YOU IN THE THROAT" button for statuses you dislike.

Define Irony...........................

>EDIT< The same post appeared twice? Could a mod please delete this post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

A picture of Michael D Higgins appeared on my facebook feed.

Some guy, around the age of 25 says. "Since wen is he d president!?"

Moron.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Might not be very smart but I am pyhsic, knew what I was gonna fail. Think I might join a travelling circus with my physic abilities instead of going back to college XD
    Psychic abilities are way more impressive!

saw this today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

batistuta9 wrote: »
    that has to be a record 122 days, it's usually something like "only 7 sleeps left" or something like that. 122 days :pac::pac::pac:

Before I'd had enough and deleted the shite for good (yes, yes I did) a guy I know counted down the days until Christmas, starting at 365 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

One friend (who loves incessantly posting as it) is posting pictures of every birthday present that she has gotten and to top it off she has just uploaded a new picture and made it her cover photo saying:
    Hey it's July 4th
    And this is Crazy
    But it's my Birthday
    Wish it to me Maybe?

Talk about screaming desperation...

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭paddymayoman

The ones about sport really piss me off.Great save,great goal,great pas,great win for ireland hockey/cricket/boxing teams, etc.,etc. Usually the same suspects begging for 'likes'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

It seems to word love has transformed from luv into lub now. Wtf.

I just lubs drinkies with the girlies lyk

Drinkies is another poxy word or anything with ies added to it. Drinkies girlies workies etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Feeding the pony apples and carrots at 3 o clock in the morning... the best craic!!!

:/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

[/B]

Feeding the pony apples and carrots at 3 o clock in the morning... the best craic!!![/B]

:/

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=feeding%20the%20pony

:eek:

EDIT: Damn you Ficheall!!!!!

"If ya leave somethin' somewhere, somethin' will sit on it ya. Somethin' had ta sort of... happen didn't it? I'll tell ya what it's like. In the same way, Penicillin happened. The bread was sat there, it goes off. Air would've created the greeness. And once you've got somethin', that leads to otherness. Once you've got one thing, others come."... Ahahaha!!! LOL ;-p

I don't know what this is!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 jimbean29

people using incorrect grammar

their, there, they're, were, where, we're

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Can anybody translate this
    So brought <Child1> in for few mins den <Child2> comes in saying d girl down d road came out wit ice creams and left her out so looked out Der they all wer eating d girls ma out cleaning d car d these posh ***** hate dem cos if tat was down in me ma's if Der wasn't enough to go around ya got none r wer made share . Ugh stuck up bastards d lot dem

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

That may aswell be chinese tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Oh for fuck's sake. To think these people have procreated...

Depressing.

So brought <Child1> in for few mins den <Child2> comes in saying d girl down d road came out wit ice creams and left her out so looked out Der they all wer eating d girls ma out cleaning d car d these posh ***** hate dem cos if tat was down in me ma's if Der wasn't enough to go around ya got none r wer made share . Ugh stuck up bastards d lot dem

I'm afraid not, the material's just too shocking for me; it's worse than Fifty Shades of Grey!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

paste♥♥this♥♥on♥♥anyone's♥♥
    wall ♥♥ who ♥♥ made ♥♥ you ♥♥ smile ♥♥somewhere,♥♥sometime♥♥ in ♥♥
    your♥♥ life♥♥ even ♥♥ for ♥♥ a ♥♥second.♥♥ It ♥♥may♥♥surprise ♥♥ you,
    ♥♥ but ♥♥ check ♥♥ out ♥♥ how♥many♥♥ come ♥♥back.♥ Thanks♥♥ alot ♥♥ for
    ♥♥ making ♥♥ me ♥♥ smile xxxxxxxxx

/facedesk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Child two was outside. Another child came out with ice cream for everyone except child two. Ice cream girls mam was washing the car by the sounds of it and it is a posh one too i gather. Your basic posh hating post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

jpcarlow wrote: »
    Child two was outside. Another child came out with ice cream for everyone except child two. Ice cream girls mam was washing the car by the sounds of it and it is a posh one too i gather. Your basic posh hating post

not really. The poster seems to only be calling them posh ***** out of anger at what happened.

The person posting brought <child1> inside for a few minutes, then <child2> came into the house too and said that the girl down the road came outside with ice creams, but didn't bring one for him/her (child2).
    So the poster looked outside and they were all there eating ice cream. The mother of the girl was out cleaning the car. The poster hates these posh people because if the same thing happened at their mothers house and there wasn't enough of something for everybody, nobody got none or were made share what there was.
    disgusting/angry sound, all of these people are stuck up bastards.

basically the poster didn't think it was right that the girl came out with ice creams for everyone except her child & the girls mother would have been aware of this fact and let it happen. If it was her mothers house nobody would have been excluded like that.

it was ignorant in fairness. The girls mother could have waited until the posters child went home before letting her have ice cream if there wasn't enough for everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

She brought in Child1, just for a few minutes. Child2 arrives distraught (what happened to Child1 is hereby a mystery), announcing her exclusion from the 'ice cream party' down the road. Lo and behold, as the retarded mother of Child1 and potentially Child2 peered from the comfort of her tacky home, she eyed an undisclosed number of youths performing oral sex on her neighbour - a practice occasionally known as 'cleaning d car d' (as an alternative to 'ice cream party').
    This caused dismay apparently, because her own mother has never been particularly fussy about who - or indeed how many - people may 'clean her car d'. However, despite the fact that she hates 'dem', she did give the performance five stars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement