Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

RainyDay wrote: »
    Why did I bother speed-reading this pile of nonsense;

xxx~*...LYKK DIS IF U CRY EVRY TIME...~*xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

I'm not going to post it, as i feel bad enough for my own eyes being exposed to it but it was one of those boy talks to girl status where she's dying and doesn't tell him... she dies and he blows his head off cos he said he'd die for her ....

Since the 1st of january this pile of turgid shite has had over 175k likes..... I feel like posting a comment on it saying anyone who liked it or commented is retarded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I feel like posting a comment on it saying anyone who liked it or commented is retarded.

Please do :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Wait, what was the photo of?

A 14 week old fetus. Quite possibly the saddest thing Ive ever seen.

Cannot believe parents would do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Sweet jesus, why on EARTH would anyone do that?!! Surely it contravenes FB's rules on pics, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Valentina wrote: »
    Please do :D

then, by definition, that would include me. :(

Sweet jesus, why on EARTH would anyone do that?!! Surely it contravenes FB's rules on pics, no?

I dont know! I went on her page and there it was!
    I just felt horrible, I didnt want to see that! :( IMO she should just have some respect for the baby thats just died and keep it private.

I dont know! I went on her page and there it was!
    I just felt horrible, I didnt want to see that! :( IMO she should just have some respect for the baby thats just died and keep it private.

Also, at only 14 weeks it would barely even resemble a full-term baby-it wouldn't even be properly formed! TBH even if it was full-term, the general public still don't need to see it :eek:

That's really not a healthy way to deal with the grief..

Also, at only 14 weeks it would barely even resemble a full-term baby-it wouldn't even be properly formed! TBH even if it was full-term, the general public still don't need to see it :eek:

That's really not a healthy way to deal with the grief..

It just looks like a tiny baby, this might be a bit disturbing to people>
    the skin is still transparent so its completely red, the eyes are bulged and the face hasnt completely formed. Tiny hands with no nails. Just lying there in a hat with a blanket over it. Christ its so depressing

I genuinely am baffled as to why anyone would want to share that with people. She has over 700 friends so its not like its only close family who would be seeing it. Also there's an option to only show certain people. Judging by the amount of 'likes', she hasnt done that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

"X likes Youth Defence"

Sweet Jesus......

• Advertisement

Judging by the amount of 'likes', she hasnt done that.

People "liked" a picture of her dead foetus?!! I don't want to live on this planet anymore...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Duggy747 wrote: »
    "X likes Youth Defence"

Sweet Jesus......

A few people on my friends list liked them, it shows a lot on suggested pages so people probably like it without doing any research into YD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

krudler wrote: »
    A few people on my friends list liked them, it shows a lot on suggested pages so people probably like it without doing any research into YD.

A massive number people I know there don't seem to do a lot of reading.........when I mean a lot, I mean roughly 30 seconds on Google.

Irony being that if they did read up on YD, I know they'd be horrified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

People "liked" a picture of her dead foetus?!! I don't want to live on this planet anymore...

Maybe they it was another breakfast shot or something…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I'm not going to post it, as i feel bad enough for my own eyes being exposed to it but it was one of those boy talks to girl status where she's dying and doesn't tell him... she dies and he blows his head off cos he said he'd die for her ....

Since the 1st of january this pile of turgid shite has had over 175k likes..... I feel like posting a comment on it saying anyone who liked it or commented is retarded.

This:

picture.php?albumid=2211&pictureid=14357

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

It just looks like a tiny baby, this might be a bit disturbing to people>
    the skin is still transparent so its completely red, the eyes are bulged and the face hasnt completely formed. Tiny hands with no nails. Just lying there in a hat with a blanket over it. Christ its so depressing

I genuinely am baffled as to why anyone would want to share that with people. She has over 700 friends so its not like its only close family who would be seeing it. Also there's an option to only show certain people. Judging by the amount of 'likes', she hasnt done that.
    Did no one object in the comments? Yes it would be difficult, considering she's the mother,but my god that must have been a terrible picture to look at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Duggy747 wrote: »
    "X likes Youth Defence"

Sweet Jesus......

Not as bad as
    X has shared Youth Defence's picture.

Defriend.

mar1us wrote: »
    You didn't get it ?

Yeah I guessed, just shocked that someone would do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I would have thought so considering you can't show nipples, to the Breastfeeding groups annoyance.

coolhull wrote: »
    Did no one object in the comments? Yes it would be difficult, considering she's the mother,but my god that must have been a terrible picture to look at.

There's about 30/40 comments on it, all saying they are sorry for the loss of her beautiful baby. It looks just like you, was too special for the world. No complaints at all. One person actually said thanks for sharing your beautiful child with us.

If that was in Ireland, I cant imagine anyone seeing it and not reporting it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

people always say baby's look beautiful no matter how they look

that just proves that fact

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭mar1us

Yeah I guessed, just shocked that someone would do that.

Tell me about it ... :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

''Can someone give me the num for the family planning please guickish''

hmmm :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Sweet baby jesus WTF IS THE STORY WITH PEOPLE SHARING HORRIBLE INJURIES ON FB ARRRRGGGGHGHHH???!!!!

Did I really need to see a pic of a guy with a knife stuck in his face as I eat my dinner? Bunch of savages in this town.

/unfriended even if he is me first cousin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Roisy7

LizT wrote: »
    Not as bad as

Defriend.

Someone on my feed shared one of their pics, of an embryo. Someone asked her why she would share something like that on fb and she said, "I thought it was cute"!!!!!?????!!!!! :confused::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

'my hole is in tatters,great film'

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

Hi Beautiful Ladies....Without replying to this message, put a heart on your wall; no comment, just a heart. Next, post a heart on the wall of the person who sent you this message. Then send this message to your women friends, only women. If anyone asks you why you have so many hearts on your wall, don't tell them. This is only for women, because this is breast cancer research week. One small act of solidarity between women. PS...to type a heart, first type < then 3.. It will turn into a heart when you post it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Tetra wrote: »
    Hi Beautiful Ladies....Without replying to this message, put a heart on your wall; no comment, just a heart. Next, post a heart on the wall of the person who sent you this message. Then send this message to your women friends, only women. If anyone asks you why you have so many hearts on your wall, don't tell them. This is only for women, because this is breast cancer research week. One small act of solidarity between women. PS...to type a heart, first type < then 3.. It will turn into a heart when you post it!
    What do I type to make a vomit smilie?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jacob T

<3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

That's almost as bad as the messages some women send around like
    "Put the colour of your bra as your status but don't tell anyone why. This is for breast cancer awareness"

Eh, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

"How should we best raise awareness of the serious issue of breast cancer?"

"Let's tell no-one at all about what our facebook statuses are about!"

"Brilliant!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

First rule of Facebook Heart Club, you do not talk about Facebook Heart Club
    Second rule of Facebook Heart Club, YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT FACEBOOK HEART CLUB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

LizT wrote: »

Not as bad as

Defriend.
    Until I saw the photos I thought it was a fascist group :D

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

Until I saw the photos I thought it was a fascist group :D

Wait, you mean it isn't?

batistuta9 wrote: »
    people always say baby's look beautiful no matter how they look

that just proves that fact

Yeah of course, but it doesnt change my opinion. I think its a lack of respect and the photos should be kept private. Not put up on facebook where anyone could see it. Plus, not only that, but horrifically sad and not something I was popping up on my newsfeed, ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Yeah of course, but it doesnt change my opinion. I think its a lack of respect and the photos should be kept private. Not put up on facebook where anyone could see it. Plus, not only that, but horrifically sad and not something I was popping up on my newsfeed, ever.

Give her a break. If it helps her to get over a very difficult event, then just move on. No-one is forcing you to click on the thumbnail. Just keep scrolling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Give her a break. If it helps her to get over a very difficult event, then just move on. No-one is forcing you to click on the thumbnail. Just keep scrolling.

Putting a pic of a dead fetus up on facebook is fcuked up, no two ways about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Putting a pic of a dead fetus up on facebook is fcuked up, no two ways about it.

Well yeah but to her its her baby that she wants people to know existed, other proud mums get to introduce their baby to the world, as far as she's concerned its her beautiful baby not a dead foetus.
    Still ****ed up ill give you that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Losing a child tends to affect people. If a mother who lost a child is a bit irrational for a period of time, suck it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Losing a child tends to affect people. If a mother who lost a child is a bit irrational for a period of time, suck it up.
    of course it does. But really, a picture of a baby, dead or alive, is a very private thing, and should be kept to oneself, or at most shared only with friends. And I mean real friends, not Facebook ''friends"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

coolhull wrote: »
    of course it does. But really, a picture of a baby, dead or alive, is a very private thing, and should be kept to oneself, or at most shared only with friends.

If we can included those scan pictures aswell, I'm sick of seeing them from people I don't know all that well :( I'm just waiting for the pictures from the delivery room, I missed the ones of the conception :rolleyes:

*also think how these pictures might affect other people unable to get pregnant/who have had a miscarriage, they do not need to see this popping up the whole time.

Boombastic wrote: »

If we can included those scan pictures aswell, I'm sick of seeing them from people I don't know all that well :( I'm just waiting for the pictures from the delivery room, I missed the ones of the conception :rolleyes:

*also think how these pictures might affect other people unable to get pregnant/who have had a miscarriage, they do not need to see this popping up the whole time.

Your last point is something I meant to say earlier. I know a friend of mine suffered a miscarriage very early in pregnancy, and photos of a foetus, let alone a scan, absolutely destroy her. She never got a chance to see her child after it passed and to see someone else's is really hard.

Sure we'll agree to disagree, we all have different opinions on it. I personally don't agree with it and putting it on Facebook means its going to appear on people's newsfeed. Some people would be really disturbed by it, child or not, its a graphic image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

If you think about it - how many people that you're friends with on Facebook would you actually talk to about grieving for the loss of a child? Probably not many because it's an intensely private and deeply tragic thing to have to deal with. I imagine if I lost a child I would find it difficult to talk about it except to my closest personal friends and family.

That's why I find it extremely odd that people share things like that online for all to see. It's just something I can't ever get my head around.

• People "liked" a picture of her dead foetus?!! I don't want to live on this planet anymore...

That's the problem with people who put up 'bad news' statuses...I think people 'like' them to show support but it comes off so callous!

I've posted this before on Boards, but a close friend of mine died last year and another friend of hers who's a bit of a d1ck came to the funeral with a massive camera and took loads of photos. He put up a status the next day that said 'really sad but beautiful day' with all the pictures he'd taken. The worst part was that he'd tagged pictures of the coffin as our dead friend! So the news feed said 'X has been tagged in 10 pictures in the album: X's funeral'

:eek:

That's the problem with people who put up 'bad news' statuses...I think people 'like' them to show support but it comes off so callous!

I've posted this before on Boards, but a close friend of mine died last year and another friend of hers who's a bit of a d1ck came to the funeral with a massive camera and took loads of photos. He put up a status the next day that said 'really sad but beautiful day' with all the pictures he'd taken. The worst part was that he'd tagged pictures of the coffin as our dead friend! So the news feed said 'X has been tagged in 10 pictures in the album: X's funeral'

:eek:

Wow, just wow..

I'm not keen on those death statuses either and all the people liking them. It's not that I mind them announcing the death but the ones that are written as if they are talking to the dead person:confused:

e.g.: I m1ss you, today we would have done x,y,z,. Your birthdays not the same without you, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Boombastic wrote: »
    Wow, just wow..

I'm not keen on those death statuses either and all the people liking them. It's not that I mind them announcing the death but the ones that are written as if they are talking to the dead person:confused:

e.g.: I m1ss you, today we would have done x,y,z,. Your birthdays not the same without you, etc.

Done by complete and utter attention seekers.
    Same with stuff like "Happy birthday/anniversary etc to my wonderful husband, love you so much".
    Ye live in the same house, tell him, no one else gives a ****.

robbiezero wrote: »
    Done by complete and utter attention seekers.
    Same with stuff like "Happy birthday/anniversary etc to my wonderful husband, love you so much".
    Ye live in the same house, tell him, no one else gives a ****.

or 'happy birthday darling you're 2 today'............................I mean are they even on fb, can they read?

I always picture these people in front of the computer typing these and the child beside them

child: look what I made/can do, look I can stand on my head and draw the mona lisa
    parent: Not now, go away, I'm on fb wishing you a happy birthday:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

Just saw this on my feed. The amount of likes is startling. Stupidity doesn't describe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Drakares wrote: »
    Just saw this on my feed. The amount of likes is startling. Stupidity doesn't describe.
    What's it about?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

What's it about?

A guy rang FM104 yesterday saying he was going to jump off a bridge, the host talked him out of doing it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement