Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

orestes wrote: »
    Please tell me a manager or supervisor or something is on their friends list?

They are, but they're just as bad. Whole shop is just full of that sort of person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Thwip! wrote: »
    They are, but they're just as bad. Whole shop is just full of that sort of person

The kind of person who's up for the craic and isn't going to just sit in on one of the best day and nights out of the year?

unless you're in a job where you save lives or lives are at risk then working with a hangover is no big deal.
    if you do work in that kind of job then apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

SV wrote: »
    The kind of person who's up for the craic and isn't going to just sit in on one of the best day and nights out of the year?

unless you're in a job where you save lives or lives are at risk then working with a hangover is no big deal.
    if you do work in that kind of job then apologies.

Or to put it another way: "the kind of person who can't survive one weekend without drinking and writes almost incomprehensibly, like someone less than half their age.

And in my opinion, an adult getting excited about Rag Week is not "up for the craic," but rather creepy at worst, and a bit sad at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Or to put it another way: "the kind of person who can't survive one weekend without drinking and writes almost incomprehensibly, like someone less than half their age.

And in my opinion, an adult getting excited about Rag Week is not "up for the craic," but rather creepy at worst, and a bit sad at best.

Right yeah, just not sure how that affects their job performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

You presume it doesn't unless peoples' lives are at stake?

What is it that effects them in that scenario that wouldn't effect them in other roles?

It depends on the job, but a raging Rag Week hangover makes lots of jobs pretty hard to do, and the people probably insufferable to work with.

Despite the fact they're unlikely to turn up for work? And if they do they just sit around and do nothing for the full day and dump all the work on the people who have a bit of common sense whilst alternating between their dept and the bathroom to vomit?. Despite customers complaining about the smell of alcohol? How does that not affect their job performance?

Yeah sure tis grand because the "craic" was had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Translation required on this one.

Haha awh funny stuff telling me to tell ny gt dat ur not afraid of me or any1 hahaha awh stop wud ye my

Here comes a translation - it won't necessarily make sense though.

This is funny when they are telling me to tell 'ny gt' (this could be 'my' & 'gf' -otherwise, no idea)... Start again

This is funny when they are telling me to tell my girlfriend that you are not afraid of me or anyone. Ah would you stop you ('my' - no idea, I can't even think of an ending it could be)...

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

I've finally figured out what all the awful spelling on facebook etc reminds me of; how Dexter talks in reverse in the "sdrawkcaB" episode of Dexters Laboratory.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

BBC Breaking News: Baby found in the middle of the Meteorite crash site, he is miraculously unharmed. Wrapped in what seems to be a red cape.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

BBC Breaking News: Baby found in the middle of the Meteorite crash site, he is miraculously unharmed. Wrapped in what seems to be a red cape.

That made me smile :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=490827657649011&set=a.416651801733264.99259.416640075067770&type=1

This sh*t has >188k comments (mostly the word "play").

Absolute goombas!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

I hate when some of my friends use my page as their own advertisment space... that stuff gets deleted immediately!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

'Can you get drunk from potato juice'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Scrolling through newsfeed today, see a pic some friend of a friend has put up of a suitcase packed with clothes and vodka.

Comments:
    myswell_zps4d955be2.jpg

"Myswell". I'm assuming that is Retard for "Might as well"

I despair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

"Just burnt my pancakes.

They are so black and thin, im waitin on Bono and Bob Geldof to start singin them a song"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

" All clothes nearly dry after having to wash everything due to mould. 2nd time i had to do it in two different places. Cork's rental properties seem to have big problems with mould "

Scintillating stuff.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

And now to balance out all the crap with a good status:

" I've decided to name my eyebrows "Church" and "State" in the hopes that they remain separate "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

You know that "people you may know" thing that suggests people to add based on friends of yours being friends with them too?

I just had one suggested because we have 8 friends in common.

It was my mothers dog.

God dammit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

You know that "people you may know" thing that suggests people to add based on friends of yours being friends with them too?

I just had one suggested because we have 8 friends in common.

It was my mothers dog.

God dammit.

Worth it for the lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Mince Pie wrote: »

Mum?! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Mum?! :eek:
    It would be all kinds of awesome if that was your mum, on boards, with the username "Mince Pie"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

ok lads 20 too day frist i want too thx evaeyone on facebook who whis me a happy birthday can i just thxs my flmmly who work so hard with me for the past 19 yers too when i was a babey i was like a ball and my mam and my dad did and my brothers and sisters i wold be lost with out my flmmly only for them i woud still be in that ball and i love my flmmly i set my life on goles and 1 of the goles was too go too colage and im in mary i and i love it and it was the work of my flmmly who got me there i have just a good life with my flmmly and frinds and and been a part of A TAME BRIGE CELTIC who are vary good to me and in 20 yers time i be still part of the birge celtic tame and that a fact so mam and dad and flmmly thxs u so much for the past 19 yeres u made my dermes come true and lads get rady for a big party in 300 and 65 day time the BIG 1 THE 21st I DO SOME SINNING THAT NITE LADS

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Chavways wrote: »
    ok lads 20 too day frist i want too thx evaeyone on facebook who whis me a happy birthday can i just thxs my flmmly who work so hard with me for the past 19 yers too when i was a babey i was like a ball and my mam and my dad did and my brothers and sisters i wold be lost with out my flmmly only for them i woud still be in that ball and i love my flmmly i set my life on goles and 1 of the goles was too go too colage and im in mary i and i love it and it was the work of my flmmly who got me there i have just a good life with my flmmly and frinds and and been a part of A TAME BRIGE CELTIC who are vary good to me and in 20 yers time i be still part of the birge celtic tame and that a fact so mam and dad and flmmly thxs u so much for the past 19 yeres u made my dermes come true and lads get rady for a big party in 300 and 65 day time the BIG 1 THE 21st I DO SOME SINNING THAT NITE LADS

My eyes! My brain is now fried. What the hell IS that? :mad:

I've a rough idea of the meaning of most of this post, but I've no idea what this is. He was a ball when he was a baby, and worried about being inside a ball?
    Is it a metaphor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

He must be a pokemon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Mary I?

Mary I?

This... twonk... is likely going to be teaching the future generation?

And this guy is in college? He says that was one of his ''goles''. How standards have dropped...
    Also, someone should point out to him that little icon on top of the screen that says 'SpellCheck'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

I've had to take a Panadol after attempting to read that

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

I think I may have had a stroke attempting to read that, this thread needs a health warning.

Would I be right in thinking that ''Tame Brige Celtic'' is not a well known Academy of English Studies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

coolhull wrote: »
    And this guy is in college? He says that was one of his ''goles''. How standards have dropped...
    Also, someone should point out to him that little icon on top of the screen that says 'SpellCheck'
    No they're in colage thanks to the work of their flmmly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

Would I be right in thinking that ''Tame Brige Celtic'' is not a well known Academy of English Studies?

I dont think so...they do score a lot of goles though.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Luxie

What spellchecker would go near that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

I think the young fella is dyslexic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

I've a rough idea of the meaning of most of this post, but I've no idea what this is. He was a ball when he was a baby, and worried about being inside a ball?
    Is it a metaphor?

In some areas 'ball' is used colloquially to mean 'a complete mess / wreck'. I'd imagine that's what they're referring to; it's my best bet at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

In some areas 'ball' is used colloquially to mean 'a complete mess / wreck'. I'd imagine that's what they're referring too; it's my best bet at least.
    when i was a babey i was like a ball

I assumed it was the fetal position? Unless they were using him as a ball, literally. A baby can't really be a complete mess/wreck....but then again who knows. :) Cryptic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

300 and 65 day time

My favourite bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

Boombastic wrote: »
    I assumed it was the fetal position? Unless they were using him as a ball, literally. A baby can't really be a complete mess/wreck....but then again who knows. :) Cryptic

Hmm. I'm not sure. Although, their second use of the term really makes me think I'm right. There have been many times when I, and most from my part of the country, have said: 'Ugh, I was in some ball all day Sunday' or 'I'm in some ball after that dinner.' The baby part still remains though - unless they actually mean child.

MadYaker wrote: »
    He must be a pokemon.
    This or this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Also he's just turned 20 and thinks he's been alive for 19 years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

ok, i dont want to get slammed for this, but when i read it, i found myself reading with a traveller accent....

cue "whats a traveller accent exactly?" etc etc, but lets not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Jarrod

Looks like this was the result of him trying to eat the keyboard whilst licking his elbows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

*MISSING* PLEASE RE POST! ELLIE MAY ASHLEY, 15 YEARS OLD, MOUSY BROWN HAIR
    LAST SEEN LEAVING KIRKBY COLLEGE YESTERDAY! PLEASE RE POST IF YOU CAN, DONT
    CARE WHERE YOU LIVE, THE SOONER I GET WORD SPREAD THE BETTER,
    SHE COULD BE ANYWHERE!
    THANKYOU TO ALL THAT BOTHERS TO POST ! X

That girl has been found safe and well on 15/07/2012

Whereas I do sharing photos of missing people on Facebook can help find them, do people not do a back check to see if these things are real or still valid - a friend of mine has posted this for the 4th time - I've told her 3 times that the girl has been found - I won't be doing it again - some people don't want to listen!!!

When I checked the source of the photos she shared, I saw that it had been re-shared 64,414 times since Jan 13th!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Person 1 - OMG jus got the best news ever.... everything is finally fallin into place woohoo....can't believe it.

Person 2 - woohoo

Person 3 - are u goin to share the good news?

Person 1 - Um id rather not say on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

MrStuffins wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=490827657649011&set=a.416651801733264.99259.416640075067770&type=1

This sh*t has >188k comments (mostly the word "play").

Absolute goombas!

Amongst all the comments I found this little Gem:
    Silly goat u are. Mind u d day u will give acct of ur obscenity is iminent. Better repent & b save. May God 4give u in Jesus name.

Even if God forgives her, I would still have trouble forgiving someone for posting sh1t like that

''like the holocaust, if not worse''

I don't know what 'in the vibe sober'' means, but could it really be worse than Auschwitz in 1943?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement