Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round 03: Chinese Grand Prix

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,248 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Miss having Eddie Jordan on the forum

• Registered Users Posts: 11,567 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

What a race, more of that please, in for a great season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Lotus had a great day as well. Kovalainen beat Maldonado and Perez and Trulli's fastest lap was quicker than Alonso and 0.7 down on Vettel. Webbers comments in the press conference after the race about how it was good to see Vettel getting beaten by Hamilton was bad form. You cant say that in public about your team mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭delta720

Webbers comments in the press conference after the race about how it was good to see Vettel getting beaten by Hamilton was bad form. You cant say that in public about your team mate.

I don't think he meant it in a bad way, just that it's nice to see that there's not just one driver running away with the championship and that after dominating quali and the race up till now that he can be beaten.

I wouldn't look too much into it.

amacachi wrote: »
    I'm still confused by just how fast and how long-lasting the last set of tyres for Webber were though.

Lighter fuel load might have helped them last and maybe there was enough left of them to be competitive against worn hards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Lighter fuel load might have helped them last and maybe there was enough left of them to be competitive against worn hards

Yeah and Webber pitted on Lap 40, nine after Vettel, and would have had approx 40 kilos of fuel on board so as you say his options would have been much more stable compared to some of the other stints that drivers did on the options, 15 laps for Hamilton in the opening stint etc.

You can see the difference that the weight makes by the fact, as someone said above, Trulli set his fastest time in the last couple of laps and was considerably faster than Alonso's best for the day

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭hatz7

Hi,
    Anyone know of a link to watch either the race or extended highlights of the race?

Thanks.

frostie500 wrote: »
    Yeah and Webber pitted on Lap 40, nine after Vettel, and would have had approx 40 kilos of fuel on board so as you say his options would have been much more stable compared to some of the other stints that drivers did on the options, 15 laps for Hamilton in the opening stint etc.

You can see the difference that the weight makes by the fact, as someone said above, Trulli set his fastest time in the last couple of laps and was considerably faster than Alonso's best for the day

Plus I guess any set that doesn't get used in qualifying has any extra two/three laps in them over a set that's used

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

hatz7 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Anyone know of a link to watch either the race or extended highlights of the race?

Thanks.

BBC 1 At 1 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

lolie wrote: »
    What did he say? I missed that bit.

He said Button did it on purpose to cheat and slow Vettel down. Awkward moment for DC and Jake as they didnt know what to say next.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

That was epic stuff. Kinda feel bad for Rosberg though!

Apparently according to a tweet I recieved from PeterDWindsor today broke the all time record for the amount of finishers in a race!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Was there any inquiry into the fact that Alonso's DRS worked when it should not have?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Guys I'm abroad, (Argentina) so BBC is not an option. Anyone have a link or know of a possible way in which I can watch the full race?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Tau

vectra wrote: »
    Was there any inquiry into the fact that Alonso's DRS worked when it should not have?

No advantage gained apparently:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13109394.stm

Wonder will hard tyres be a strategy for Q3 in future races

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

that was almost too good, I couldnt keep up with everyones strategies and what was happening in the big picture, it was hectic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

lolie wrote: »
    What did he say? I missed that bit.
    He said that Button was trying to hold them up. If he was joking it was the dryest thing I've ever seen :P
    The soft tyres went off much quicker for the others earlier on, looks like they should all be pushing harder. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

me@ucd wrote: »
    that was almost too good, I couldnt keep up with everyones strategies and what was happening in the big picture, it was hectic!

Usually the live timing helps, today it hindered. :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement