Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non alcoholic beer- where to buy?

Options
  • 13-04-2011 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

The papa is looking for some non-alcoholic beer for himself. After spitting Becks back in my face I have suggested Cobra 0%. Anyone any idea where to get it?
    Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Superquinn do both Cobra and Paulaner non-alcoholic beer. They're the best of the lot. Baltika Alcohol Free is another option but can be hard to find. You'll get Erdinger almost everywhere but its not the best.

Dunnes do paulaner,erdinger,cobra, bavaria,holsten and becks. Most are on special offer for lent!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

The papa is looking for some non-alcoholic beer for himself. After spitting Becks back in my face I have suggested Cobra 0%. Anyone any idea where to get it?
    Cheers
    slight tangent, but you can make a lager type alcohol free drinkable by adding a bit of lemonade to make a shandy.

Otherwise stick to the alco free weissbiers if you can get em. They arent the worst.
    (and schneider weiss alco free being actually better than a regular weissbier from Erdinger or Aldi own brand)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭donaghs

slight tangent, but you can make a lager type alcohol free drinkable by adding a bit of lemonade to make a shandy.

Otherwise stick to the alco free weissbiers if you can get em. They arent the worst.
    (and schneider weiss alco free being actually better than a regular weissbier from Erdinger or Aldi own brand)

Agree about the weis beers. I found Corbra NA to have that horrible artificial sweet taste you get from some NA beers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I was in a Supervalu recently and the guy who works in the beers/wines section told me that Paulaner non alcoholic was recommended to him by an alcoholic customer who was trying her best to stay off the booze. She just wanted the taste of beer and this was the best of the lot.

Sad (but slightly impressive) story I thought as I walked out of the shop with six bottles...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

For non alco beers its as much a personal thing as alcoholic beers
    I always have a range of between 6 - 8 different types but still get amazed when one sells one week and the next flys out two weeks later!!

For me I like IPAs so the cobra and becks was down my road but things like Maisels Weisse and erdinger really do have that Im drinking feel about them.

Could I suggest that you buy him a little mixed basket of non alco beers and see which one he goes for? ask the person in the off licence if you can swap the unopened beers once he has found his tipple of choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Tabnabs wrote: »
    I was in a Supervalu recently and the guy who works in the beers/wines section told me that Paulaner non alcoholic was recommended to him by an alcoholic customer who was trying her best to stay off the booze. She just wanted the taste of beer and this was the best of the lot.

Sad (but slightly impressive) story I thought as I walked out of the shop with six bottles...

I know there's no possible way for that customer to see/hear/read this post, but from the bottom of my heart I wish her all the best in her recovery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Paulaner non alcoholic is good, Tesco sell it.

Avoid Weihenstephaner non alcoholic, it's horrible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

What about Kaliber?.... Is that even still available? In the silver cans...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Dermighty wrote: »
    Paulaner non alcoholic is good, Tesco sell it.

Avoid Weihenstephaner non alcoholic, it's horrible!
    do you mean Weihenstephan alcohol free lager or weissbier?

I had their alco free weissbier there a few months back and found it no worse than most others.

• Advertisement
Advertisement