Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small UPC problem

• 13-04-2011 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭

Very small problem but still quite annoying, everytime I turn on my computer and try to log onto the internet it can take up to 4 minutes before I can actually get it to work. Every time I click my browser I keep getting page not available message.

Everything else has loaded up on my laptop, like applications etc... It's nothing in that department, that only takes a few seconds, just the internet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

try updating the drivers of your wireless card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

This sounds more like a computer problem. UPC have no way to know that your computer has just switched on, so it can't be from their end. Is the modem/router always on, as it can take several minutes from switching that on until the Internet connection is available. Is it a wired or wireless connection to the laptop? If wireless, try wired.

Advertisement