Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSM dialler

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

lanno wrote: »
    looking to put a gsm dialler on a hkc securwatch panel, but looking at more
    basic option than hkc dialler as it's just for a storage shed with no landline.

have one of these eldes ESIM010 and was wodering would it work to send out a txt if alarm is activated

http://www.eldes.lt/en/gsm-remote-control-alarm-systems/gsm-switch-gate-controller-relay-auto-dialler-esim010.html

tks,

It says it can be, I assume you will need to program the output on the device and connect them up to the HKC panel outputs.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭lanno

tks altor for your reply, havent fitted 1 before can you advise where i wire
    this in on the hkc panel.Dont know if i am mad using this or would i be better with the hkc made 1.

They are on the circuit board. From what I can see you will need to connect a relay to the panels output, set the output to alarm and connect it to the ESIM010. I have not used this device before so could be wrong :D
    I would try it as you have it to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 gabdoc

hi lanno have the same pro myself,trying to get a gsm for the house.how did it work and what sort of cash are we speaking about.need 2,one for house and one for gate,price for gate gsm was 250:eek: thanks gab

gabdoc wrote: »
    hi lanno have the same pro myself,trying to get a gsm for the house.how did it work and what sort of cash are we speaking about.need 2,one for house and one for gate,price for gate gsm was 250:eek: thanks gab

The HKC GSM will do the house plus the gate once set up for home automation. The unit is priced at €320.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 gabdoc

hi altor ,what do ya mean by home automation.my house is 3 year old and wired with cat5e but the gates are 125 m away from the house'only want to open and close gates in morn and night,not every time ya come in.need the gms also for the house alarm as it is not connected to anything and have no phone line.

gabdoc wrote: »
    hi altor ,what do ya mean by home automation.my house is 3 year old and wired with cat5e but the gates are 125 m away from the house'only want to open and close gates in morn and night,not every time ya come in.need the gms also for the house alarm as it is not connected to anything and have no phone line.

Hi gadboc,

The HKC GSM has outputs which you connect to a relay to open and close the gates. So basically you text the output, the relay opens the gate for a set time, then the gate closes. The GSM will be connected to your alarm to monitor the alarm so a cable from the GSM to the gate relay will be needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭lanno

Hi gadboc,

havent had time to try this out, hopefully will give a go over the w/e, think
    the unit costs around 200 euro, will update on i get on

Advertisement