Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Xbox 1 Strict NAT

• 13-04-2011 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Router: Linksys WRT120N
    BB: UPC 30Mb
    Modem: Scientific Atlantic
    Network type: All Wired

I have a networks setup at home with 2 PC's and 3 Xbox360 Up until two weeks ago I had open NAT on all 3 Xbox. One of the xbox died and we got a new model Xbox.

This new Xbox is now the only one with strict NAT where as before all 3 xbox where open.

All the instructions I have found on the internet relates to setting up a single Xbox. This would not work in my case as it would cause problems for the other 2.

Can anyone help???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

new xbox most likley has new IP which router doesnt know, you have have DHCP turned on.

You may need to tell the router that the new xbox has the same ip as the old one
    192.168.1.X etc

NAT is a state of open ports for LIVE.
    So router:
    192.168.1.1/254
    Pcs /xboxes

New xbox is prolly out of that range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭jetpack101

DHCP is turned on.

I have tried it with a fixed IP and an Auto IP but still the same problem.

When its connected I might assign that IP to that box via the Router, this might work.

There is a section that says something like "Assign this IP to this device all the time)

When I tried to assign a fixed IP outside the DHCP range it would not connect, for example (129.168.1.71) the DHCP starts at 100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Try and reopen the ports again. Would be my first step.

I never got a chance to try the fix's last night.
    I will try later on and get back to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

make sure dhcp is enabled, and check ur xbox setting to recive settings automatically... also upnp enabled

maybe a reset of the settings would help

open the xbox ports on the router (TDP/UDP) i forget the xbox port to open at the minute but its online everywhere

if all fails you can designate the xbox to an IP and put the xbox's IP in the DMZ on the router

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

I know this topic was moved so maybe check out the sticky at the top and if that fails I will try look into it!

-=al=- wrote: »
    make sure dhcp is enabled, and check ur xbox setting to recive settings automatically... also upnp enabled

maybe a reset of the settings would help

open the xbox ports on the router (TDP/UDP) i forget the xbox port to open at the minute but its online everywhere

if all fails you can designate the xbox to an IP and put the xbox's IP in the DMZ on the router

I turned everything off for a about 20 Minutes then turned everything on one by one. The new Xbox is now showing open like the other 2.

I'm going to wait and see what happens and if it turns STRICT again. I have all day Sunday to play with it so I might make the changes you suggested.

Sorry for the delay in getting back on. Had two computers go down and I've been busy fixing them.

Anyway.
    I set the STRICT xbox with a fixed IP and set it up on the router to open the ports. This did not work. I then set it back to auto IP and this again did not work.

I then turned off the router settings that I had put in, deleted the allocated IP address (.102) and restarted everything.
    NTL Modem Then Router then Xbox and it came up OPEN NAT I then turned on all 3 Xbox and all are getting OPEN NAT.

They have all been turned on and off a number of times since then and all are still on OPEN NAT.

All seems to be well now. Thanks for your help chaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Glad it all worked out for you! NAT can be a complete nightmare sometimes

Advertisement