Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TalkTalk aka Digiweb odd bill.

• 13-04-2011 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

My mam received a telephone bill from TalkTalk (or Digiweb as they're known now) the other day for March which totalled roughly double what it usually is. On further inspection, the bill contained calls from March '11.....and September 2010! :confused:

Explanation received from their accounts dept goes along the lines of "we're terribly sorry but the billing for September was left out what with the impending changeover from TalkTalk to Digiweb". Supposedly this was a general error & many customers have been affected. All sounds a bit dodgy to me but I've no way of checking back as my mam pays through the Post Office and has thrown out all correspondence from September (bad mistake, I know).

Any other TalkTalk phone customers out there? Has anyone experienced this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 moonshiner

Hi we had some problems too, we were suddenly charged with bills for calls we were not contracted to pay suddenly our package fees doubled despite highlighted claims on the front of the bill that costs would be going down and there would be no changes to billing until februrary.
    Another friend has been issued a debt collectors letter after similar over charging.
    In relation to you one of our bills for november quotes "Please note this bill may include correction of a credit which was incorrectly subtracted on your September bill. We apologise in advance for any confusion this may cause. We are happy that your bill is now accurate"
    not very clear is it?
    you are however intitled to view your bills past and present on line!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

my ex was with digiweb for years, until they mixed him up with someone else, and debit over 400eur from his acc. took him nearly 6 months to get that money back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

They can bill you at any stage for costs incurred, even if it is a few years after the fact.

You can ask for a reprint of the invoices from that period, but bear in mind that they may charge an administration fee for doing so.

Advertisement