Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tubridy Off To B.B.C

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

90% of his interview technique revolves around a blatant lack of knowledge of the interviewee and the question "where did you go to school?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Jayob10 wrote: »
    He'll be the token irish bloke.

Along with Dara O'Brien, Dermot O'Leary, Terry Wogan & Graham Norton.

As far as I know, they were also the first & only Irish people ever to emigrate to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Along with Dara O'Brien, Dermot O'Leary, Terry Wogan & Graham Norton.

As far as I know, they were also the first & only Irish people ever to emigrate to the UK.

Born in England

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

hondasam wrote: »
    can't stand the overpaid obnoxious prick

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    :p;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

ITV already own it. And it's even worse since that happened.

ITV used to own a chunk of it alright, but they don't anymore.

Katherine Lynch needs to be pawned off to Greenland or something, we might actually still see/hear her on BBC. Maybe she could try her schtick while conflict reporting. I'd laugh at that.

God no, Greenland is nowhere near far enough away for Katherine Lynch. The Planet Neptune would be more like it.

Anyway I think there is some truth to this rumour about Tubridy, though it's not a permanent move. I hope it's true, if ever we wanted to dish out revenge on the English for all that oppression, a whole Summer of making them listen to that annoying twat should be a good start. They'll probably offer to write off that 7 billion loan if we take him back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

take the rest of those over-payed clowns while they are at it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Said it before but TG4 do a fine job on their tiny budget.
    Produce home grown shows like Mobs Mheiricea, Afric, Ros na Rún and many others.
    They have another show on murders in Ireland and another last year on highway men (and women) in past centuries.

They make better documentaries then RTÉ or TV3!
    They used to show Spanish and Scottish football on Ole Ole but that's gone a few years now

Sack RTÉ management from their cosy positions and their nepotism.
    Bring in young fresh people like TG4 management

Like Joe Duffy is on 400k.
    But Philip Boucher Hayes replaced him last year and he was far superior. Give Philip 100k and sack Joe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

:) Yes finally we have got rid of him, he is off to cover for Jon Ross for the summer season.

If this is a joke or wind up - I will track you down & separate every bone in your body* Oh my god - it would be so good to get rid of him. I wonder could we revoke his passport & citizenship when he is gone.

I jest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Dear Prime Minister,

Please find attached the list of persons we shall be sending you on free internship placements. Please note that any monies paid to these staff shall be remitted to my department to pay back the IMF.

A special addition to the list is Deputy Michael Lowry, we feel he would fit in perfectly in the House of Lords.

Yours sincerely,

Brendan Howlin TD
    Minister for Wasting Public Dosh
    Attachements: [B]RTÉPayrollList2011(ALL).xlsx; AIBPayrollList2011(ALL).xslx; MichaelLowry.docx[/B]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

sdonn wrote: »
    Attachements: MichaelLowryResignationLetter.docx[/B]

Worth keeping, best we have in Tipp North. The other two TD's, one is Mr Invisible and does zero in the area and zero as a backbencher on a national level and the other used their MEP job to increase their profile and had no intention of serving their term

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Worth keeping, best we have in Tipp North. The other two TD's, one is Mr Invisible and does zero in the area and zero as a backbencher on a national level and the other used their MEP job to increase their profile and had no intention of serving their term

He's as good as proven to be a moneygrabbing fraud. He has no place in Dáil Éireann, scapegoat or not.

/offtopic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Poor Craythur

Rubik. wrote: »

All respect for the BBC now evaporated - Ryan Tubridy is dire.

On a practical note, he'll need to slow down his speech a bit - though I'm not sure Dara O'Briain ever did.

I guess it'll be interesting to see how he fares, one never knows!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

brummytom wrote: »
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
    F
    UCK OFF TUBRIDY

He's an even worse interviewer than Jonathan Ross, and that's saying something!

Let's not go ****ing wild.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Poor Craythur

brummytom wrote: »
    He's an even worse interviewer than Jonathan Ross, and that's saying something!

You take that back, he is WAY worse than Jonathan Ross.

Signed,

Jonathan Ross's Number One fan

:D:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

He looks like Henry Kelly. They should do Going For Gold again with DLB hosting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Week 1.

" I say dear have you heard that Irish chap on BBC radio, he seems so interesting with his tales of JFK, jellybeans, and Madmen."

Week 2.

"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK"

Week 3.

"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Does this mean that Joe Duffy is in line for the Late Late show gig :)

Christ, Funny Friday every Friday night? No thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Majority of the criticism comes from people who don't live in the area.

Malahide? Same county as Burke, Lawlor, Haughey and Ahern?
    Sorry, can't take you seriously

But yes, offtopic

LOL - oh this makes me laugh , so because we dont come tipp we cant criticize lowery for being a a slimy dodgy son of a bitch disgrace ???

oh but your local and he will sort yer grannys medical card and fix the road !!!
    HE FIXED THE ROAD :eek:

cop on , hes going to the joy for a reason - he corrupt hes a criminal

you sir is what is wrong with this cousin ****ing country

** backs out 2 banjo music - off 2 ride my sistermother **

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

From the examiner piece
    High-level sources at RTÉ have confirmed that Tubridy has informed his bosses in Montrose that he wishes to take up the offer of work with the BBC this summer. However, he also reassured RTÉ management that he hopes to fill in his BBC role around his existing hectic work schedule.

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/beeb-recruits-tubridy-151457.html#ixzz1JTxqzkfA

It's a start, and as some wise man said, the journey of eleventy million kilomiles starts with the first jump...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Hopefully DLB will have to interview Rhys Ifans again. That would be fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Hmmmm

I predict he will do extremely well in the BBC

Not suited to the 2FM slot because he speaks correctly, uses words of more than one syllable,actually reads books, all of which would be anathema to a large percentage of the lot who listen to that station.

His whole world doesn't actually revolve around the latest IPhone,what Katie Price is doing, or how to announce your every move on Facebook and Twitter.

Lad is a cut above that, now can be cuntish boring and a bit of a plonker too, but I think the Brits will take to him, as he won't have as much of the 'baggage' he has here.

Hmmmm

His whole world doesn't actually revolve around the latest IPhone,what Katie Price is doing, or how to announce your every move on Facebook and Twitter.

His whole world does actually revolve around the Oldest dial Telephone, what JFK has done, and the cunt is never off Twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭fikay

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Any truth to this no? It would make my year if true! Maybe then RTE would be forced to recruit Sean Moncrieff.

Surely that would mean that they would be cognisant of the fact the Moncrieff is talented ,humourous, popular and has excellent interviewing skills. That will never happen. RTE is only for the likes of that useless jug eared cunt Turbity who is possibly one of the most boring people ever to have existed. There are spores as yet untouched by the rays of the sun with more personality. Please god he will leave our screens and our shores soon and forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Produce home grown shows like Mobs Mheiricea, Afric, Ros na Rún and many others.
    They have another show on murders in Ireland and another last year on highway men (and women) in past centuries.

They used to show Spanish and Scottish football on Ole Ole but that's gone a few years now

But Philip Boucher Hayes replaced him last year and he was far superior. Give Philip 100k and sack Joe

Totally agree. I'd like to see what those guys could do with an actual budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

ITV already own it. And it's even worse since that happened.

No they don't. Granada sold it again a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Tomk1

Give Tommy Tiernan the late (late) show. His our home grown Conan.

Never thought RTE could of got someone more boring than Pat the plank, but they succeeded with an added plastic flavour. Imagine Tubs gets over half a million pounds of our money, and I never watch RTE yet pay my TV-tax.

• Advertisement

Tomk1 wrote: »

Tiernan had potential a few years ago. Blew it in typical Irish fashion in my opinion.

Sort comments by Rating if you want a true picture of Ireland ............. http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0414/tubridyr.html#idc-cover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭danh789

People & things I'd love to pawn off to the BBC;

- Tubbs
    - Ray D'Arcy
    - Ray Foley
    - George Hook
    - Brendan O'Carroll
    - Brendan O'Connor
    - Brendan Grace
    - Katherine Lynch
    - David Mc Savage
    - Friday Night 80's radio
    - TV3

Sometimes you just have to laugh.....

What is it with the people on Boards. You only ever seem to be content if you're moaning and complaining about anyone who is even the slightest bit more successful than you.

Take the above list as example. Even though ye always give out about these people ye seem to know everything about the people and their shows. Why watch/listen to something you hate? Is it just so you can then moan about it? Or maybe you watch/listen to these because you do enjoy the shows, but are still to ignorant to admit it? Its all a bit sad really if you ask me.

I like Ray Foley. Therefore I listen to his show. I dont like Katherine Lynch. Therefore I never watch her shows. All very simple really.

danh789 wrote: »

What is it with the people on Boards.

Just boards............ http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0414/tubridyr.html#idc-cover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Its only a summer job for a few extra quid , he'll be back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Does this mean that Joe Duffy is in line for the Late Late show gig :)

I reckon, after being looked over last time, Gerry Ryan is a shoe in to get it if Tubbs goes

It was a disgrace the brillant Gerry didn't get it last time

Tipp Man wrote: »
    I reckon, after being looked over last time, Gerry Ryan is a shoe in to get it if Tubbs goes

It was a disgrace the brillant Gerry didn't get it last time

I'd give you a thanks but you let yourself down, you know what you did.

Spoiled a very good post;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Never thought RTE could of got someone more boring than Pat the plank, but they succeeded with an added plastic flavour. Imagine Tubs gets over half a million pounds of our money, and I never watch RTE yet pay my TV-tax.

No. Just NO. He's even more irritating than Tubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

No. Just NO. He's even more irritating than Tubs.

Yes, but he's irritating in a pro-active manner, as oppossed to the bland boring irritation of Tub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I heard a couple of years ago that both the BBC and NBC were interested in signing him. NBC's talent scout apparently thought he was one of the best chat show hosts he had ever seen.

I heard a couple of years ago that both the BBC and NBC were interested in signing him. NBC's talent scout apparently thought he was one of the best chat show hosts he had ever seen.

Talent scout? Sign him? Didn't realise the world of broadcasting was a bit like the premiership!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

RIP BBC.

mikom wrote: »
    Sort comments by Rating if you want a true picture of Ireland ............. http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0414/tubridyr.html#idc-cover

A true picture of Ireland.? WTF:confused:

I live here pal, I can make up my own mind 'kay;)

NBC's talent scout apparently thought he was one of the best chat show hosts he had ever seen.

"I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded"
    A true picture of Ireland.? WTF

I live here pal, I can make up my own mind 'kay

Horse your comment in there so boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Christ not that fcukwit! He's certainly no Conan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Christ not that fcukwit! He's certainly no Conan.

No, but he has one upon Tub as at least he's alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

I'm not surprised. I've heard he's been completely depressed since FF got walloped in the election. Maybe a nice Summer away will cheer him up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I'd bet Phillip is on over 100k already. I shudder to think what some of the others are on. RTE is a Neverland where economic reality has no meaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

danh789 wrote: »
    Sometimes you just have to laugh.....

What is it with the people on Boards. You only ever seem to be content if you're moaning and complaining about anyone who is even the slightest bit more successful than you.

Take the above list as example. Even though ye always give out about these people ye seem to know everything about the people and their shows. Why watch/listen to something you hate? Is it just so you can then moan about it? Or maybe you watch/listen to these because you do enjoy the shows, but are still to ignorant to admit it? Its all a bit sad really if you ask me.

I like Ray Foley. Therefore I listen to his show. I dont like Katherine Lynch. Therefore I never watch her shows. All very simple really.

How do you know starbelgrade is less successful than all these people? Since when was celebrity a measure of success outside Xpose and OK magazine?

It's not sad or ignorant to have a laugh at some of the sillier elements of the media. It's perfectly normal. People don't watch anything so they can complain about it, but they give things a chance and think 'How did this gob****e get on the television' and discuss said gob****e - far more entertaining than watching them. Simple, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I'd bet Phillip is on over 100k already.

I would say Philip would be on about 120k given the other RTE wages.. but I wouldnt begrudge him that... He's excellent, but he should be given something of higher priority, either Liveline or DriveTime.. Maybe even give him Tubridy's slot or maybe John Murray's slot.. both are poor..

• Advertisement
Advertisement