Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tubridy Off To B.B.C

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

Has no one seen the Simpsons episode "Homer the Smithers
    Smithers: I have to find someone to replace me while I'm gone who won't outshine me. I'll search the employee database under the word "incompetent".

Computer
    : 715 matches found.

Smithers
    : 715 names? I'd better narrow the search. Let's see... "lazy", "clumsy", "monstrously ugly".

Computer: Searching... 714 matches found.

Smithers
    : Nuts to this! I'll just go and get Homer Simpson.

Ross wants someone who won't threaten his job, to fill in for him while he hangs out on a beach. Viola Enter Tubridy. Bland non threatening fiiler,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I think Tubridy's good.

*runs the fuck away*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Lemegeton

i hope tubridy goes to BBC Radio 1 cos then Chris Moyles will mistake him for a streaky sausage and Eat him. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

BBC is superior to RTE

go Tubridy most Irish head off to London for better opportunities
    I dont watch RTE crap mostly watch BBC,ITV or channel 4 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

There we are paddy being a begrudger and all.

Fago! wrote: »
    I think Tubridy's good.

*runs the fuck away*

*catches him*

No need to, I stand with you.

Here *hands Fago shotgun* they have us surrounded....

....the poor bastards......

*steps forward for a 300-eque heroic death*

*catches him*

No need to, I stand with you.

Here *hands Fago shotgun* they have us surrounded....

....the poor bastards......

*steps forward for a 300-eque heroic death*

Good man! We die a noble death!!

*steps forward*

BRING IT!!!

Lemegeton wrote: »
    i hope tubridy goes to BBC Radio 1 cos then Chris Moyles will mistake him for a streaky sausage and Eat him. :D:D:D

He's not fat anymore. He's quite slim in fact.

AND HE'S A LEGEND!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bad news all round, he could use this to get an improved pay deal from RTE (bad), he could actually get a full time gig on BBC (even worse).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Is this thread bull****?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Let him go,hopefully we get Wogan for the Late Late Show,even Graham Norton would be better than Tubbs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Poor Craythur

Serious question though: does anyone want to hazard a guess as to how he'll be received in the UK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Serious question though: does anyone want to hazard a guess as to how he'll be received in the UK?

Probably in a cardboard postal tube.

Irish voices seem to go down well in the UK (Dara O Brian, Terry Wogan, Annie Mac, various local radio DJs in UK). I reckon he'd do alright. It'd be like hearing a UK accent on our radios (There's an english dude on Phantom in dublin - he's alright). I wouldnt mind it, and I reckon many people wouldn't care what the accent is, as long as the content is good.

Just my opinion. I'd like to hear him on BBC Radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Whats with all the hate for Tubridy? I used to work in a hotel where he visited a few times, was always nice to the staff, far more so than many other people who stayed there.

Is it the usual Irish past time of hating on successful people? Or just the 'unfair' wage he earns?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I didn't bother reading this thread until now, as I assumed it was just búll****!
    He probably would go down well there in a middle of the road type slot.
    mikom wrote: »
    Sort comments by Rating if you want a true picture of Ireland ............. http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0414/tubridyr.html#idc-cover

:D Those comments are good! One reads:

Quote (from article): "Ryan is looking forward to another season of The Late Late Show for 2011/2012

Comment:
    I'm not
    Need a lift to the airport Ryan?

drdeadlift wrote: »
    There we are paddy being a begrudger and all.
    Whats with all the hate for Tubridy? I used to work in a hotel where he visited a few times, was always nice to the staff, far more so than many other people who stayed there.

Is it the usual Irish past time of hating on successful people? Or just the 'unfair' wage he earns?

Yes, whenever someone dislikes someone else, IT'S ALWAYS BEGRUDGERY. :rolleyes:

Irish voices seem to go down well in the UK (Dara O Brian, Terry Wogan, Annie Mac, various local radio DJs in UK). I reckon he'd do alright. It'd be like hearing a UK accent on our radios (There's an english dude on Phantom in dublin - he's alright). I wouldnt mind it, and I reckon many people wouldn't care what the accent is, as long as the content is good.

Just my opinion. I'd like to hear him on BBC Radio.

Don't forget Dervla Kirwan - her voice is used to shíte on silkily about M&S chocolate puddings and whatnot! :D

Jealousy mate. He earns a huge wage and they don't. Obviously I'm jealous too that he earns so many hundred thousand euro a year and I don't, but I'd never wish him bad luck over it. Fair fucks to him. He's doing a job he loves for a lot of money. Anyone would kill for a job like that.

• Advertisement

Jealousy mate. He earns a huge wage and they don't. Obviously I'm jealous too that he earns so many hundred thousand euro a year and I don't, but I'd never wish him bad luck over it. Fair fucks to him. He's doing a job he loves for a lot of money. Anyone would kill for a job like that.

It is not jealousy - that is such an immature argument.

Yes, it's all because of jealousy. And begrudgery. That's the only thing that can explain it. Sigh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Yes, it's all because of jealousy. And begrudgery. That's the only thing that can explain it. Sigh.

Then why do you dislike him?

well these people aren't giving any real reasons as to why they hate him, so one can only assume that it's jealousy. it's one thing to dislike a radioshow, but to hate a DJ/presenter for it is ****ing stupid and immature. If people don't like a presenter, switch the fuck OFF!!! Don't listen to the whole thing, come onto boards and complain about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

don't voice an opinion unless you think the sun shines out of his arse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Jeaslously? Nah. I just think he's a crap presenter who owes his career more to his grandfather's stint as Chairman of the RTE Authority than any talent he has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

The germ that is Tubridy is probably seen as the new Terry Wogan.

• Advertisement

Rubik. wrote: »
    Jeaslously? Nah. I just think he's a crap presenter who owes his career more to his grandfather's stint as Chairman of the RTE Authority than any talent he has.

I'd say that has alot to do with career tbh. But I think he's good and wouldn't have gotten anywhere if he didn't have some talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

well these people aren't giving any real reasons as to why they hate him, so one can only assume that it's jealousy. it's one thing to dislike a radioshow, but to hate a DJ/presenter for it is ****ing stupid and immature. If people don't like a presenter, switch the fuck OFF!!! Don't listen to the whole thing, come onto boards and complain about it!
    I don't listen to or watch him. Because I think he is annoying and shit.

He's making a bags of a job he loves for a lot of money. Anyone would kill for a job like that.

Fixed your post.

Then why do you dislike him?

Thank you for asking! :)

I find him to be a lazy interviewer - he's not very incisive.

I find him to be patronising.

I find him vaguely pompous, though that might be forgiveable if I felt he was truly talented!

I find him to be a bit inept.

I think he is trying and failing to cultivate an image himself as a connoisseur of classy tastes.

I often get the impression he thinks he is too good for the gigs he has.

These are some of my reasons. I don't just randomly dislike people, I always have my reasons.
    If people don't like a presenter, switch the **** OFF!!!

So sick of people saying this. People in the public realm put themselves out there for criticism.

Fixed your post.

How is he making a bags of it? He's pulling in listeners/viewers (I think, I stand to be corrected)
    So sick of people saying this. People in the public realm put themselves out there for criticism.

I don't mind people criticizing people, but when they give no good reason for slagging them, it annoys me. for instance, you just gave your reasons for disliking him. Fair play. That's a hell of alot more than some people are doing. "ahh **** him get him off the radio..overpaid twat"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

I am sure he will have the "George Lee, Can of P iss" clause in his contract. If it turns out that you are a can of p iss you can come back.

Enjoy winning streak in 2012 Tubs

How is he making a bags of it? He's pulling in listeners/viewers (I think, I stand to be corrected)

Seen his radio show figures recently.
    Radio show like the radio show he is supposedly going to present in the UK
    the morning show has lost 91,000 listeners over the past 12 months and now attracts an average of just 216,000 listeners each day.

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/kfeyojgbqlcw/rss2/#ixzz1JVvPFy7P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

2fm and rte could play dead air for a few hours and still get 200k listeners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Yes, whenever someone dislikes someone else, IT'S ALWAYS BEGRUDGERY. :rolleyes:

Dislike people you dont know much :rolleyes: :rolleyes: theres a set of them roelly eyes for ye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

I thought that C bird in the Artic was the Irish version of an idiot abroad but now we have the real thing.

But seriously, I hope that Tuberty (the man they could not hang) will save enough while he is over in the UK to buy a chin.

No seriously, Sure he can always get a wig and become Gail from Corries stunt double if things go badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

I don't like him because I find him cringworthy and rubbish. This whole "it's jealousy" stuff? Grow up.

The Late Late Show has decent enough figures, but his radio show lost 91,000 listeners in the last year.

Seen his radio show figures recently.
    Radio show like the radio show he is supposedly going to present in the UK

Sorry but I don't understand the way you worded that post hha (I'm not very bright :p). Are his figures good?
    The Late Late Show has decent enough figures, but his radio show lost 91,000 listeners in the last year.

Ahhhhh. I stand corrected.

Nevermind Mikom :)

el dude wrote: »
    I don't like him because I find him cringworthy and rubbish. This whole "it's jealousy" stuff? Grow up.

+1

Sorry but I don't understand the way you worded that post hha (I'm not very bright :p). Are his figures good?

Lost 91,000 listeners over the past 12 months

• Advertisement

Lost 91,000 listeners over the past 12 months

Haha nice one. Aww poor sod. That's a HUGE drop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭danh789

el dude wrote: »

Fine. You dont like him. Dont listen/watch his shows. And if you dont listen/watch him you wont need to be going onto forums moaning and complaining about the man. And if your not a follower of his shows I really dont see how you would be affected by Tub getting a job offer with the BBC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Good riddance, although its terrible of us to inflict him on the UK audiences.

danh789 wrote: »
    Fine. You dont like him. Dont listen/watch his shows. And if you dont listen/watch him you wont need to be going onto forums moaning and complaining about the man. And if your not a follower of his shows I really dont see how you would be affected by Tub getting a job offer with the BBC.

I think having to pay a licence fee every year gives us the right moan and complain. You could take your own advice - if you don't like this thread you don't have to read it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

He's employed by a public broadcaster, kept afloat by taxpayers. If people don't like him or enjoy his shows then they have every right to air those views.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

About time FFS

I would say RTE are rubbing there hands now and wont have to fire him and are using this as an excuse hoping he WILL go.
    He was not totally out straight on the radio today either he said he will be here tomor and the next the next day etc but it is just talk so there is something more to come out still
    will leahy even said on his show wouldnt it be great.

OFF YA GO TUBS DAY DAY TWITTER THAT AND JFK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Cop

I can't tell yis all how delighted I am at the thought of Tubby going. He is one of the most irritating broadcasters I've ever seen or heard. Smug, arrogant, insincere, contriving every feeling and fad going.

Hopefully he'll feel "more loved" by the BBC, do a Wogan and stay for life and become nothing more in our popular imagination than some vague, forgotten nightmare that we keep deep down in the recesses of our subconscious.

Go away Tubby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭danh789

I think having to pay a licence fee every year gives us the right moan and complain. You could take your own advice - if you don't like this thread you don't have to read it.

Oh FFS, here we go again. My TV licence fee rabble rabble. Yes because RTE's only source of income is the TV licence. Advertising and the likes would in no way contribute to a presenters wages. And tell me this. If you are so concerned about the licence fee; how much of it actually goes to Tubs? Seriously, if everyone in the country who pays the fee used that line for every single person on the RTE payroll, well then Im sorry mate but only a few cents of your licence fee is actually gong into Tubridys pockets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Seems like there is a few RTE employees on this thread.
    I don't like Tubridy because he is affected,a beneficiary of nepotism like so many in RTE and no matter who was presenting the Late Late Show it would get good figures as people just watch it out of habit.
    RTE is losing money and he is losing listeners and the Late Late will too.
    If the BBC want another Henry Kelly good luck to them,but that's unfair on Henry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Oh FFS, here we go again. My TV licence fee rabble rabble. Yes because RTE's only source of income is the TV licence. Advertising and the likes would in no way contribute to a presenters wages. And tell me this. If you are so concerned about the licence fee; how much of it actually goes to Tubs? Seriously, if everyone in the country who pays the fee used that line for every single person on the RTE payroll, well then Im sorry mate but only a few cents of your licence fee is actually gong into Tubridys pockets.

regardless what he gets he does not deliver.so he is costing us money and RTE

Advertisement