Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to track a short story.

Options
  • 14-04-2011 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

I hope someone here might be able to help. I do not have a lot of info to help in this quest! I am trying to track down a short story from Primary school. It would have been in a book of short stories used in the late 70's early 80's in primary schools. I don't remember the name of the text book but I do remember one of the stories clearly "the soup stone". The story from this book I am trying to find was called A Different Inside or Different Inside. I know its not a lot to go on but the name of the text book would be a great start!

Thanks

Greg

Comments

I remember hearing that one in school as a kid.

Here's a link to the Wikipedia article:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_soup

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Slightly Bunkers

Thank you your majesty!! I have no problem with finding copies of the Soup Stone but I cannot find A Different Inside!

Thanks for your help anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Thank you your majesty!! I have no problem with finding copies of the Soup Stone but I cannot find A Different Inside!

I also know the soup stone one, do you have any other information about the 'Different inside' one ?

Ah, my bad. Apologies, got distracted by the memory.
    Back on the trail...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 SamOptimoo

Hi Greg,
    Strange that I've been looking for that very same story. For some reason it's stuck in my head and I'd love to read it again.
    If ever I track it down hopefully I'll remember to post here. Good luck with your search,

Regards

Tom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Hi Greg, I may be wrong here because it would have been mid 80s but I'm fairly sure the soup stone story was in one of my primary school readers, can't remember the other one you mentioned, the book was either Treasure Seekers, Flying Colours or Crock of Gold.
    I recently found myself in the Mary I library in Limerick doing some research and I spent most of the day looking at old school books, they have a large section full of them, I'd imagine the other Primary teacher training schools in Dublin also do, if you are really desperate to find the story it could be your best chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I hope someone here might be able to help. I do not have a lot of info to help in this quest! I am trying to track down a short story from Primary school. It would have been in a book of short stories used in the late 70's early 80's in primary schools. I don't remember the name of the text book but I do remember one of the stories clearly "the soup stone". The story from this book I am trying to find was called A Different Inside or Different Inside. I know its not a lot to go on but the name of the text book would be a great start!

Thanks

Greg

Not specifically a text book, but I had this book of short stories as a child and it did contain the Soup Stone story.

Advertisement